HC 2015

jgb

Hows it gonna be, when you dont love me anymore?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who inherits this shipwreck?

• Rex
    • Harbaugh
    • Gruden
    • Cowher
    • Scott linehan
    • Bevell
    • No namer/has been/never will be/first timer

No to Kyle Shanahan. Granted the Skins are also a dysfunctional organization, but he got way too much bad press. I can just totally see it as a complete disaster. I remember reading too many negative articles and hearing too many bad stories where he was involved. Bad/neg quotes/stories from both players and FO. He's had this one year with the Browns and I believe he's getting too much credit for Hoyer's success. Hoyer was looking the part last year when healthy. In Houston he was working for his dad's best friend. God bless him, he might someday turn out a good HC but way too much risk with minimal reward for the Jets right now imo. He's come up the ranks way too fast piggy backing off his father's success. I don't think he's ready or a good fit for the Jets. 

Have you watched and Auburn Football game?

similar to Oregon, the plays will change in the NFL but the style and philosophy remains the same.   Malzahn is all about putting pressure on the defense and forcing the DC to make decisions.   He is always a couple of moves ahead of the DC and has basically revolutionized college football.  

They all have penises, what gives?

I take it back, Harbaugh has a nice penis. I could get on board with him for a short, ship correcting run. Not another name on that list that I have even the slightest interest in, though.

Linehan awaits Buccaneers, Jets

By Jason Cole

After turning down the San Francisco 49ers for their offensive coordinator position, former St. Louis coach Scott Linehan appears to be the favorite for the same job with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and could be of interest to the New York Jets if Brian Schottenheimer changes his mind about staying before the end of the week.

According to two sources who each have a close tie with one of the coaches, Linehan has been contacted by new Tampa Bay head coach Raheem Morris about taking over as the offensive coordinator of the Bucs and is expected to interview. But the other intriguing option is that Linehan could be the backup plan for new Jets coach Rex Ryan if Schottenheimer leaves.

Schottenheimer had been considered for the Jets head coaching job before Ryan got the spot on Monday after Baltimore was eliminated from the playoffs. Although there were reports Monday that Schottenheimer would be staying with the Jets, there was at least one conflicting reported that he is mulling options elsewhere. Among the top spots for Schottenheimer could be Detroit, where good friend Jim Schwartz was named head coach last week.

As for Linehan, it's likely he'll be coaching this year. However, one source said he turned down the San Francisco job because the 49ers were expected to stand pat at quarterback, where the team went through Alex Smith, J.T. O'Sullivan and Shaun Hill last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/Linehan-awaits-Buccaneers-Jets?urn=nfl-135513

makes for some interesting alternate history

Archived