Kipers latest top ten college players

faba

By Rich Cimini | ESPN.com

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mariota's off the board then Cooper should be the pick. If we just miss out on Cooper, I wouldn't mind trading down for extra picks and taking a DeVante Parker or a Kevin White.

I also like Peat a lot more as a LT than Scherff. I'd have no problem taking Peat with a top 5 pick and grooming him to be Brick's replacement.

I dont know where he is ranked - but I really want to see Duke Johnson in a Jets uniform.

3rd or 4th round. I really wanted to grab Melvin Gordon at the top of the 2nd, but it's looking like he won't get out of the 1st.

If the QB is not even close to a sure-thing (and neither of these guys is IMO), the best route may be A Veteran Journeyman QB + a Mid-Round Draft QB Prospect + Take the Stud WR in Cooper.

For example:

QB #1: Colt McCoy

QB #2: Sean Mannion (5th Round, Oregon St., 6'5", 220 Pounds)

RB #1:  Chris Ivory

RB #2:  Bilal Powell

FB #1:  Bonhannon

WR #1:  Eric Decker

WR #2:  Amari Cooper (1st Round, Alabama, 6'1", 210 Pounds)

WR #3: Dorial Green-Beckham (2nd Round, Oklahoma, 6'5", 225 Pounds)

WR #4:  Jeremy Kerley

TE #1:  Jase Amaro

TE #2: Nick Boyle (6th Round, Deleware, 6'5", 270 Pounds)

OT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

OG: Oday Aboushi

C: Nick Mangold

OG: Jarvis Harrison (4th Round, Texas A&M, 6'3", 325 Pounds)

OT: Breno Giacomini

Still leaves a 3rd Round and a 7th to toss at the defense.

Yikes

I know people are scared of Jameis but cmon. You take the elite QB if he's there.

Winston may not be there when we pick.

Winston is also a VERY risky pick, he is neither "elite" nor a sure thing for the next level, and has baggage.

If McCoy offends you, sub out whatever Veteran QB you might prefer who will either be a FA or could be acquired for very low costs.

My overall plan idea stands, do not trade up, do not pick the risky player (who, if he busts, will cost you 3-5 seasons of losing).

Go for the truly elite WR, get a second potentially great (and different) WR, get a legit pocket-passer QB prospect, build the O-line and TE spots, and be ready to get your QB in 2016 if one is available.

You've addressed the now by building a weapon-filled Offense.  Your Journeyman may do ok with them.

And you're ready for the future with your low-cost prospect OR a future Top Pick QB down the road.

OK I have to say this- for someone to put it out their opinions like Bit does for all to see and rip apart- even if you do not agree give him credit for taking a position for all to see.

Because only Bit "puts his opinions out there" or "gets ripped", eh?

LOL, Funny stuff Faba.

Winston may not be there when we pick.

Cooper may not be there when the Jets pick. In fact Oakland's WR need is as dire as our QB/CB need

as for the "3-5 years of losing" that's not how it goes anymore. the rookie contracts are not that huge. They can take a swing. They certainly have the cap space. 

bottom line i can't get behind any plan that paves the way for a 2016 QB. I can't watch this s--t anymore without at least some sort of hope for the players that are on the team. Not the players they might draft in 2 years. 

Cooper may not be there when the Jets pick. In fact Oakland's WR need is as dire as our QB/CB need

as for the "3-5 years of losing" that's not how it goes anymore. the rookie contracts are not that huge. They can take a swing. They certainly have the cap space. 

bottom line i can't get behind any plan that paves the way for a 2016 QB. I can't watch this s--t anymore without at least some sort of hope for the players that are on the team. Not the players they might draft in 2 years. 

You draft a QB in the top 5, you're committing to him for a minimum of 3 years, regardless of how bad he is. You don't waste a top 5 pick on a guy like Winston, period.

You draft a QB in the top 5, you're committing to him for a minimum of 3 years, regardless of how bad he is. You don't waste a top 5 pick on a guy like Winston, period.

That's how it used to be with Sanchez type 50 mil contracts. That's not how it is anymore.  

If the big plan is to keep losing and hoping for a perfect QB to show up, they will never draft a QB. all these guys have flaws.

What's Jameis big flaw yelling memes and stealing? Who cares! Big ben rapes ladies in bathrooms and he's got 2 rings. He doesn't have to marry your daughter he needs to win football games.

That's how it used to be with Sanchez type 50 mil contracts. That's not how it is anymore.  

If the big plan is to keep losing and hoping for a perfect QB to show up, they will never draft a QB. all these guys have flaws.

What's Jameis big flaw yelling memes and stealing? Who cares! Big ben rapes ladies in bathrooms and he's got 2 rings. He doesn't have to marry your daughter he needs to win football games.

How about throwing 4 picks in one half against a 6-5 Gators team? How about having 17 INT on the season so far (12 games), despite playing in a basketball conference against secondaries worse than the ones I played against in high school?

Put aside the fact that he's a low-life dirtbag as a person; he absolutely stinks as a player! He's not winning these games for Florida State; Florida State is winning these games in spite of Winston!

How about throwing 4 picks in one half against a 6-5 Gators team? How about having 17 INT on the season so far, despite playing in a basketball conference against secondaries worse than the ones I played against in high school?

Put aside the fact that he's a low-life dirtbag as a person; he absolutely stinks as a player! He's not winning these games for Florida State; Florida State is winning these games in spite of Winston!

He's playing with a sprained ankle and winning. He's from a Pro offense, which by the way is super rare these days. Most guys are like Geno coming from gimmick offenses.

I know you hate the dude for whatever reason but cmon. Trading down and waiting until 2016 is not really a better option. Taking Andrus Peat and cutting Brick isn't a better option. THey need to take a chance. 

BTW all this arguing is BS cause Winston won't make it to 5 and it's better than even money you won't be around for the draft next year anyway. At least not with that username ...

Yikes

I know people are scared of Jameis but cmon. You take the elite QB if he's there. 

Being an elite talent and being elite are two totally different things. Winston is a top talent, but his year to date performance has been far from elite. Sure he's played great in spots but most of the time he's be ordinary and downright bad. I don't care how you slice it - throwing 21 TDs to 17 ints isn't how elite players play.

If the QB is not even close to a sure-thing (and neither of these guys is IMO), the best route may be A Veteran Journeyman QB + a Mid-Round Draft QB Prospect + Take the Stud WR in Cooper.

For example:

QB #1: Colt McCoy

QB #2: Sean Mannion (5th Round, Oregon St., 6'5", 220 Pounds)

RB #1:  Chris Ivory

RB #2:  Bilal Powell

FB #1:  Bonhannon

WR #1:  Eric Decker

WR #2:  Amari Cooper (1st Round, Alabama, 6'1", 210 Pounds)

WR #3: Dorial Green-Beckham (2nd Round, Oklahoma, 6'5", 225 Pounds)

WR #4:  Jeremy Kerley

TE #1:  Jase Amaro

TE #2: Nick Boyle (6th Round, Deleware, 6'5", 270 Pounds)

OT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

OG: Oday Aboushi

C: Nick Mangold

OG: Jarvis Harrison (4th Round, Texas A&M, 6'3", 325 Pounds)

OT: Breno Giacomini

Still leaves a 3rd Round and a 7th to toss at the defense.

I gotta ask, why choose a WR 1+2?

He's playing with a sprained ankle and winning. He's from a Pro offense, which by the way is super rare these days. Most guys are like Geno coming from gimmick offenses.

I know you hate the dude for whatever reason but cmon. Trading down and waiting until 2016 is not really a better option. Taking Andrus Peat and cutting Brick isn't a better option. THey need to take a chance. 

BTW all this arguing is BS cause Winston won't make it to 5 and it's better than even money you won't be around for the draft next year anyway. At least not with that username ...

I "hate" him because I recognize that he sucks and will set my team back a minimum of 3 years if we're stupid enough to draft him. Taking a guy top 5 who is as certain to bust as any QB prospect in history is the dumbest move we can possibly make. A franchise crippling move. Like drafting Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

And I never suggested cutting Brick - I suggested either moving him to RT and starting Peat at LT, or starting Peat at RT and eventually moving him to LT after we move on from Brick in another season or 2.

And LOL @ Winston not making it to 5…at the rate he's going, it's far likelier he drops to the 2nd a la Geno than goes top 5. If you seriously want to put $ in escrow and bet on whether he'll go top 5, I'll take that bet (although as dumb as the Jets are when it comes to the draft, I fear they could be the team that reaches on a guy guaranteed to bust and lose me that bet). But I'll bet that no team other than the Jets is dumb enough to take him in the top 5.

Except there's nothing remotely "elite" about Jameis Winston. He will be a much worse pro QB than Colt McCoy.

Maybe you can entertain us all again this year with another one of your brilliant draft write-ups?

Hey bro I like you and enjoy your shared cynicism but only the biggest turds on this site lay into Bit. Guy is willing to go on record and doesn't excuse it away after the fact unlike the geniuses on here who conveniently forget their years long support of Rex now that he is dead man walking while making fun of others for having an opinion.

The draft is an inexact science. If you hit 50% you are best in the business.

Archived