Yellow Towels

Smashmouth

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit I did not pay much attention to the game but I did listen ....What little I did see I did not see any towels ..I was expecting a terrible towel display ... WTF ?

I actually didn't see that many of them, folks in my section seemed to have used them as seat covers.

I saw tons of  them...in the parking lots before the game and a lot of people displaying them in some way, shape, or form.  As I was leaving there was some chick who tried to convince me to give her the one I was carrying "Oh, my god, is that my Christmas gift" as she reached for it. No...no it is not.

I was looking for them when ever they showed a shot of the stands on TV. Saw quite a few of them, but people were just holding them, not waving them, or throwing them on the field.

Think the reason was it was actually a good game, and the fans seemed to be into it. If it was a blow out, I think you would have seen a lot more of the waving them.

I was looking for them when ever they showed a shot of the stands on TV. Saw quite a few of them, but people were just holding them, not waving them, or throwing them on the field.

Think the reason was it was actually a good game, and the fans seemed to be into it. If it was a blow out, I think you would have seen a lot more of the waving them.

If it was a blowout , you would seen a lot people waving good bye. 

In the DN photos supplied by JW12 I believe there are four crowd shots.

One shows one guy with a handmade sign about PSLS and no towels

Another shows 12 or 13 of them in a shot of around 75 fans

The third shows one lonely towel in a larger section

And the fourth shows none

Proof that 98 percent of Jet fans support the "movement" like I do...

FIREIDZIK and end the publicity stunts!!

In the DN photos supplied by JW12 I believe there are four crowd shots.

One shows one guy with a handmade sign about PSLS and no towels

Another shows 12 or 13 of them in a shot of around 75 fans

The third shows one lonely towel in a larger section

And the fourth shows none

Proof that 98 percent of Jet fans support the "movement" like I do...

FIREIDZIK and end the publicity stunts!!

Whether you support the movement or not is irrelevant we already heard you dont and you said you weren't going to waste your time anymore posting about it. You lied. 

since there is another thread about this, i feel like i should post in it. 

We screwed up by not organizing a time for everybody to wave the towels. That was our mistake. We assumed that once we distributed them, it would take care of itself but that was an incorrect assumption. This stadium is so disjointed and filled with fans of the opposing team that Jets fans can't even organize a simple "J-E-T-S" chant anymore. 

That said, it changes nothing about the reality of yesterday. SG3 has been wrong all along in literally everything he has said about us - so why pick now to expect anything different. The flags were literally everywhere inside and outside of the stadium. We gave away enough to almost fill a sold out event at Madison Square Garden. We wish we could have printed twice or three times as many because the demand for them was so high in the parking lot that we literally gave away all 15,000 in about an hour. People were running from their tailgates to get them. We encountered resistance from 2 tailgates (about 20 people) in comparison to 15,000 people who were 100% in favor of the message on the towels. We got a ton of media coverage and the flags kept the media talking for weeks leading up to it, and they are printing articles today about what they saw in the lots. 

Do we wish that more people were waving them inside the stadium? Absolutely. Does that make this a bust? Absolutely not. 

since there is another thread about this, i feel like i should post in it. 

We screwed up by not organizing a time for everybody to wave the towels. That was our mistake. We assumed that once we distributed them, it would take care of itself but that was an incorrect assumption. This stadium is so disjointed and filled with fans of the opposing team that Jets fans can't even organize a simple "J-E-T-S" chant anymore. 

That said, it changes nothing about the reality of yesterday. SG3 has been wrong all along in literally everything he has said about us - so why pick now to expect anything different. The flags were literally everywhere inside and outside of the stadium. We gave away enough to almost fill a sold out event at Madison Square Garden. We wish we could have printed twice or three times as many because the demand for them was so high in the parking lot that we literally gave away all 15,000 in about an hour. People were running from their tailgates to get them. We encountered resistance from 2 tailgates (about 20 people) in comparison to 15,000 people who were 100% in favor of the message on the towels. We got a ton of media coverage and the flags kept the media talking for weeks leading up to it, and they are printing articles today about what they saw in the lots. 

Do we wish that more people were waving them inside the stadium? Absolutely. Does that make this a bust? Absolutely not. 

Keeping the banner for opening day if Idzik is still GM... 

I saw tons of  them...in the parking lots before the game and a lot of people displaying them in some way, shape, or form.  As I was leaving there was some chick who tried to convince me to give her the one I was carrying "Oh, my god, is that my Christmas gift" as she reached for it. No...no it is not.

Your prized possession?

The Jets were definitely uptight about this.  I knew one employee in the lots who told me he was told "don't touch a towel or lose your job."  Another security guard inside wouldn't take a picture of my father sister and I holding Fire Idzik towels in fear of losing his job as well.  Apparently they were all given warnings about the towels before the game.

Blame the PSLs and season ticket holders who are trying to recoup part of their investment the team being 3-11 didn't help the situation either

PSL's aren't an investment, it's just a $7 per game price increase.  There is nothing to recoup as we spent the money in 2008 and it's 7 years later now.

No season ticket holder can attend all 10 home games so we sell an occasional game here or there on Stubhub.  We don't seek out enemy fans to buy them and would prefer that Jets fans buy them, but if Jets fans won't buy them enemy fans get their shot. So don't "blame" PSL and season ticket holders for the enemy fans in the stadium- blame non-season ticket holders such as yourself who don't want to attend a single game though tickets are plentiful on Stubhub.

SAR I

PSL's aren't an investment, it's just a $7 per game price increase.  There is nothing to recoup as we spent the money in 2008 and it's 7 years later now.

No season ticket holder can attend all 10 home games so we sell an occasional game here or there on Stubhub.  We don't seek out enemy fans to buy them and would prefer that Jets fans buy them, but if Jets fans won't buy them enemy fans get their shot. So don't "blame" PSL and season ticket holders for the enemy fans in the stadium- blame non-season ticket holders such as yourself who don't want to attend a single game though tickets are plentiful on Stubhub.

SAR I

Plenty of people financed their PSLs and have that to pay off for another 9-10 years so you can't say it was already spent in 2008. 

Opposing team fan issues are becoming a bigger problem these days.  Even in Dallas they have many opposing fans attending games.  The home teams need to make the experience miserable for these fans so they don't come back.  Instead at the Monday night game I saw a Dolphins fan accusing a Jets fan of cursing and saying they won't come back to see the Jets Dolphins next year.  Without any proof security speaks to the Jets fan accused of cursing and upgrades the Dolphins fans seats.  The Jets need to cater to their fans and not opposing team fans.  However they are more concerned with filling up the stadium rather than the experience.  Instead we now have music so loud you can't even speak to the people next to you at times.

Your prized possession?

Yes, above all else in my life.  Waited outside the bank for it to open this morning so I could put it in a safe deposit box...and no, I won't tell you which bank.

SAR I

I didn't sell out to opposing teams fans ever YOU DID blame yourself and others like you. Yes it was an investment in a team that has won nothing MANY fans are still trying to get back that initial PSL investment YOU are an exception from all the other season ticket holder fans I talk to. 

7 years later and many season ticket holders still haven't recovered so yes blame those fans who have PSLs and SOLD OUT yesterday and other Sundays.

At current ticket prices and other costs of attending, there isn't enough demand from Jets fans.   

Jets management priced the product too high. 

Back in the day with a 50K season-ticket waiting list, the price was too low.   Now, its the reverse.

I didn't sell out to opposing teams fans ever YOU DID blame yourself and others like you. Yes it was an investment in a team that has won nothing MANY fans are still trying to get back that initial PSL investment YOU are an exception from all the other season ticket holder fans I talk to.

7 years later and many season ticket holders still haven't recovered so yes blame those fans who have PSLs and SOLD OUT yesterday and other Sundays.

Where are your seats joewilly?

The Jets were definitely uptight about this. I knew one employee in the lots who told me he was told "don't touch a towel or lose your job." Another security guard inside wouldn't take a picture of my father sister and I holding Fire Idzik towels in fear of losing his job as well. Apparently they were all given warnings about the towels before the game.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how cool MetLife security was about it. Some of the security guards were coming up and asking us for towels. That was in your lot. They told us that as long as we were not selling them we could hand them out freely. At that point we brought in the rest of our towels from Kilroys and distributed them in less than an hour. Lot K it was flooded with them. So was Lot D, E & L... Before we could hit any other lot, we had already distributed them all

Opposing team fan issues are becoming a bigger problem these days. Even in Dallas they have many opposing fans attending games. The home teams need to make the experience miserable for these fans so they don't come back. Instead at the Monday night game I saw a Dolphins fan accusing a Jets fan of cursing and saying they won't come back to see the Jets Dolphins next year. Without any proof security speaks to the Jets fan accused of cursing and upgrades the Dolphins fans seats. The Jets need to cater to their fans and not opposing team fans. However they are more concerned with filling up the stadium rather than the experience. Instead we now have music so loud you can't even speak to the people next to you at times.

As someone who enjoys Jets road trips, your advice on this is terrible. We should absolutely not make the experience for opposing fans "miserable." Doing so only furthers the notion that Jets fans are assholes. It's football. Everyone is there to be entertained. It really shouldn't be that hard to root for your team without being a dick. The advent of stubhub and similar sites means the stadiums will always be mixed. It's inevitable. That doesn't give Jets fans a license to make the stadium unsafe for others.

Investments mean there's at least some likelihood of a return. PSLs are a luxury tax. Nothing more, nothing less.

The return would be a good product on the field that makes playoff appearances and occasionally wins a championship.

I very much doubt anyone who actually purchased a PSL did so with the notion that thier money was serving any influence on the field. That would actually border on the delusional.

Yes, above all else in my life.  Waited outside the bank for it to open this morning so I could put it in a safe deposit box...and no, I won't tell you which bank.

I have some Nigerian friends and relatives (or so they claim) that can help u win the lotto if you hand over the towel yourself. 

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how cool MetLife security was about it. Some of the security guards were coming up and asking us for towels. That was in your lot. They told us that as long as we were not selling them we could hand them out freely. At that point we brought in the rest of our towels from Kilroys and distributed them in less than an hour. Lot K it was flooded with them. So was Lot D, E & L... Before we could hit any other lot, we had already distributed them all

How much did the 15k towels cost you? Were u able to recover the cost thru contributions?

Archived