My offseason moves prior to draft

SickJetFan

Matt Flynn QB

Not many good choices I dont think but Flynn seems to be the best option to me.  Obviously we need to draft a QB too (Petty, Carden, or Greyson are my 3 favorites) maybe draft 2 of these guys.  Idziot biggest mistake was not taking a QB in last draft (before 6th round that is - I think NE Jimmy G would have saved his job because it would have at least provided some hope down the road)

Chris Culliver CB

We need some speed to play opposite Walls\Williams until we see if Milliner\Mcdougle will come back.  Hopefully we start off next year with Culliver and Milliner as starters with Walls\Williams\McDougle sharing nickel/dime duties

Bryan Bulaga OT

We need a new RT in worst way.  Let Breno compete for one of the guard spots with oday, winters, and dozier

If the draft falls and our best pick is one of the OT at 6 then fine play him at one of the guard spots for 1 year and replace Brick the following year

i'd bring back

Damon

Jarrett

Harris

Powell

Connor

I'd give Wilks his money

Agree with Culliver.  He's probably the best CB available if the Patriots resign Revis.  I'd also sign McCourty we need a Safety too.

Sign Iupati over Bulaga.  See if we can trade a 3rd for Mike Glennon before we start wasting money on another journeyman qb.

No need to rush and give WIlk his payday yet.  We have the franchise tag available after next season.

Agree with Culliver.  He's probably the best CB available if the Patriots resign Revis.  I'd also sign McCourty we need a Safety too.

Sign Iupati over Bulaga.  See if we can trade a 3rd for Mike Glennon before we start wasting money on another journeyman qb.

No need to rush and give WIlk his payday yet.  We have the franchise tag available after next season.

I was thinking about adding McCourty too but on fense there because we have other options with Jarrett, Miles, Allen, and Pryor

I dont think Guard is glaring need.  I thought Oday did ok and may dev further and I actually think breno has the mean streak to be a good RG.  I dont think he plays well in space as RT.

I think at some point you have to start and pay some players or no FA will ever want to play for Jets.

I left off TE too which I think is a real big need.  I think Cumby sucks and needs to be replaced by a more all around TE.

I was thinking about adding McCourty too but on fense there because we have other options with Jarrett, Miles, Allen, and Pryor

I dont think Guard is glaring need.  I thought Oday did ok and may dev further and I actually think breno has the mean streak to be a good RG.  I dont think he plays well in space as RT.

I think at some point you have to start and pay some players or no FA will ever want to play for Jets.

I left off TE too which I think is a real big need.  I think Cumby sucks and needs to be replaced by a more all around TE.

Guard is a huge need for us especially if we don't resign Colon. I wasn't impressed by Aboushi and if Winters is relied on to start next season the next coach needs to be shown the door. Winters is horrible- Aboushi is a JAG he just looks good compared to Winters.

TE is a need but I don't want Julius Thomas he's a product of Manning and really just a red zone guy. Charles Clay is a better option at a cheaper price do is Jermaine Gresham. Matt Spaeth is a decent inline blocker.

Because he is best option right now

I don't think there is any question if he comes back it will be at a discount....the question really becomes who is the next head coach/GM....I think Harris became more of a Rex Guy and if Rex had been let go, I am not sure if he would still be here.  I like Harris as he is a sure tackler and has been a tough guy during his tenure here but if we can replace him with more speed then great, if not pay cut and glad to have him back!!

Guard is a huge need for us especially if we don't resign Colon. I wasn't impressed by Aboushi and if Winters is relied on to start next season the next coach needs to be shown the door. Winters is horrible- Aboushi is a JAG he just looks good compared to Winters.

TE is a need but I don't want Julius Thomas he's a product of Manning and really just a red zone guy. Charles Clay is a better option at a cheaper price do is Jermaine Gresham. Matt Spaeth is a decent inline blocker.

Well like I said I think they should move Breno into Colon spot or have him compete with Winters and Dozier for Colon spot (which we still don't know what we have in Dozier).  Dozier could end up at LG if he is good.  Now i would not mind Lupita too for LG as long as it mean Breno no longer RT but i think that is a little overkill.

I would not mind Clay either.  Definitely an upgrade over Cumberland.

Matt Flynn QB

Not many good choices I dont think but Flynn seems to be the best option to me.  Obviously we need to draft a QB too (Petty, Carden, or Greyson are my 3 favorites) maybe draft 2 of these guys.  Idziot biggest mistake was not taking a QB in last draft (before 6th round that is - I think NE Jimmy G would have saved his job because it would have at least provided some hope down the road)

Chris Culliver CB

We need some speed to play opposite Walls\Williams until we see if Milliner\Mcdougle will come back.  Hopefully we start off next year with Culliver and Milliner as starters with Walls\Williams\McDougle sharing nickel/dime duties

Bryan Bulaga OT

We need a new RT in worst way.  Let Breno compete for one of the guard spots with oday, winters, and dozier

If the draft falls and our best pick is one of the OT at 6 then fine play him at one of the guard spots for 1 year and replace Brick the following year

i'd bring back

Damon

Jarrett

Harris

Powell

Connor

I'd give Wilks his money

I wanted the Jets to draft Bulaga years back. When he's on the field he's outstanding. However he's injured a lot. Id take him but only at the right price

Matt Flynn QB

Chris Culliver CB

Bryan Bulaga OT

i'd bring back

Damon

Jarrett

Harris

Powell

Connor

I'd give Wilks his money

I cannot see them drafting 2 QBs when they have only 6 picks.

Petty looked awfully good against Fl State. I would not be adverse to taking him in rd. 4 if he's still there.

He looked great in the first half agains MSU.  I stopped watching then tuned back in.  Guess his second half was okay.  His arm looks strong enough.  And he is accurate.  And big.

You lost me at Matt Flynn.

Draft Scherff move up in the top of the 2nd if you have to for Petty.

Sign Suh, Iupati.

Let free agency play out & fill out your roster with cast aside veterans that were being paid too much.

First 2 picks Cooper then Petty.  Let Harris, Pace, Wilson, Colon, Cumberland walk.  Sign Locker, Lupati, sign Flowers or 'Revis'.  trade MO for a first and 4th if you can, Draft BPA with the other 1st rounder.   I would shake stuff up personally.  I wouldn't resign Harvin unless he's willing to take $6 mill per. Even at that, he is just to injury prone and is not a WR you can count on.  I would also trade DBrick. He makes a ton and is over the hill. Also trade Geno. His stock must have risen with him being a pro bowler now and having had a perfect QB rating his last game. maybe we can get our #2 pick back!       

First 2 picks Cooper then Petty.  Let Harris, Pace, Wilson, Colon, Cumberland walk.  Sign Locker, Lupati, sign Flowers or 'Revis'.  trade MO for a first and 4th if you can, Draft BPA with the other 1st rounder.   I would shake stuff up personally.  I wouldn't resign Harvin unless he's willing to take $6 mill per. Even at that, he is just to injury prone and is not a WR you can count on.  I would also trade DBrick. He makes a ton and is over the hill. Also trade Geno. His stock must have risen with him being a pro bowler now and having had a perfect QB rating his last game. maybe we can get our #2 pick back!       

This makes very little sense.

Who is going to trade for Furguson making 8.5, 11 and 11mill the next 3 years if he is over the hill?

Who is going to play LT

Why are you trading MO, you are ruining the teams greatest strength and you are not replacing him.

I will guess that trading geno for a 2nd was joke. 

Who is going to trade for Furguson making 8.5, 11 and 11mill the next 3 years if he is over the hill?

Who is going to play LT

Why are you trading MO, you are ruining the teams greatest strength and you are not replacing him.

I think he meant trading Geno for a 2nd 7th rd. pick.LOL

Well like I said I think they should move Breno into Colon spot or have him compete with Winters and Dozier for Colon spot (which we still don't know what we have in Dozier).  Dozier could end up at LG if he is good.  Now i would not mind Lupita too for LG as long as it mean Breno no longer RT but i think that is a little overkill.

I would not mind Clay either.  Definitely an upgrade over Cumberland.

It's a total toss up if Breno can handle changing to Guard.  Signing a Tight End who can actually block will help improve the pass protection.

Anybody is an upgrade over Cumberland.  He needs to go.

My thoughts...

Switch to a 4-3.

Free Agents:

OLB's Bruce Carter and Malcom Smith

S - Rahim Moore

CB - Brice McCain

DT - Terrence Knighton

WR - Torrey Smith

Draft  - Peat (if he declares) or Ronnie Stanley - if neither Shane Ray OLB.

2nd Round WR Sammie Coates - or trade up to get him.

QB - Round 5.

Petty looked awfully good against Ml State. I would not be adverse to taking him in rd. 4 if he's still there.

I was leaning more to Garrett Grayson because in looking at the few games I saw I thought he was more accurate but Bryce seems to be getting better with experience and he has much better size and arm strength.

whoever we take don't be surprised if it in 2nd or 3rd round.  I would rolls dice on Bryce in 2nd.

You lost me at Matt Flynn.

Draft Scherff move up in the top of the 2nd if you have to for Petty.

Sign Suh, Iupati.

Let free agency play out & fill out your roster with cast aside veterans that were being paid too much.

I want Petty too but no way I want to see Geno or Petty start off the season unless they are perfect in preseason which is unlikely.  Which is why I want a hold the fort guy like Flynn.

Good points.    I really think we might grab some Guards/ Tackles in the draft.  I want Iupati , also,  but he will be in demand and can make himself a big dollar deal.    Charles Clay is better

than Cumby, who can't block at all.

Good points.    I really think we might grab some Guards/ Tackles in the draft.  I want Iupati , also,  but he will be in demand and can make himself a big dollar deal.    Charles Clay is better

than Cumby, who can't block at all.

If Iupati is getting an insane deal in free agency all the more reason to draft Scherff and just spend the money on the defense and who knows maybe Demariyius Thomas becomes available.

• 2 weeks later...

Who is going to play LT

Not surprised it doesn't make sense to you but try and follow the logic behind these moves.  DBrick is making a ton and has lost much. Maybe a potential playoff team bites on him, sees him as an upgrade, is willing to pay him.  That frees up LOTS of cash.  Who's going to play LT? Good question. Find someone cheaper.  Mo is a potential all star BUT is he worth all the money he is going to demand? I would rather pay Richardson than MO.  We are deep on the DL. Its a luxury to we can afford to wheel and deal from and again, free up tons of cash and gain picks.  We need to balance the talent out on this team.  As far as  the Geno trade goes, of course I was kidding, being sarcastic getting a #2 for him.  Only Idziot would be stupid enough to make a trade like that.

Not surprised it doesn't make sense to you but try and follow the logic behind these moves.  DBrick is making a ton and has lost much. Maybe a potential playoff team bites on him, sees him as an upgrade, is willing to pay him.  That frees up LOTS of cash.  Who's going to play LT? Good question. Find someone cheaper.  Mo is a potential all star BUT is he worth all the money he is going to demand? I would rather pay Richardson than MO.  We are deep on the DL. Its a luxury to we can afford to wheel and deal from and again, free up tons of cash and gain picks.  We need to balance the talent out on this team.  As far as  the Geno trade goes, of course I was kidding, being sarcastic getting a #2 for him.  Only Idziot would be stupid enough to make a trade like that.

No team is going to give Ferguson that much $$$, and what do you mean find someone cheaper, why doesn't the team trading for Ferguson do that? If Furguson was a Free agent he would not get that kind of money, why would a team trade something for him and pay him that much?  Mankins made all-pro not the stupid probowl 4 straight years and netted the pats a 4th rd pick and a B/U move TE with potential. You understand that if you trade Furguson you only save about 2.5 mill of cap room right?

Archived