Rex will not lead the Monsters of The Midway

NJ

You left out the fact that losing is/was now acceptable under Rex the last 4 years. gatorade baths and ^5's after a 4-12 season is proof of that. losing should be UNACCEPTABLE, period.

Coach for millenial generation: praise before accomplishment

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

League sources have said that the Bears’ preference to hire a GM first remains strong. After that happens, their coaching search is expected to expand, perhaps including former Jets coach Rex Ryan, former Broncos and Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, current Chiefs and former Bears special-teams coordinator Dave Toub and others.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/258621/bears-still-aim-hire-gm-first-time-essence

No way a new GM comes in and stakes his career on REX, ..an owner is Rexs only chance.

I don't believe it. 

I've been told repeatedly Rex Ryan would be scooped up by some lucky team within 20 minutes of Woody Johnson firing him.Looks now like the COMPLETE LACK OF A COMPETENT JETS' OFFENSE FOR 6 YEARS is a cause for some concern among other NFL teams in need of a head coach.

More likely he'll trade empty banter and forced laughter about sack dances and end zone celebrations. It's a living. 

Who, in their heart of hearts, actually believed Rex would be snapped up the nano-second we fired his sorry ass?   If you think about it seriously, what owner/GM would proudly trot out Rex' six year performance (especially the last four) in order to sell a fan base that he is the answer to the needs of that organization?  Ridiculous.

Who, in their heart of hearts, actually believed Rex would be snapped up the nano-second we fired his sorry ass? If you think about it seriously, what owner/GM would proudly trot out Rex' six year performance (especially the last four) in order to sell a fan base that he is the answer to the needs of that organization? Ridiculous.

There's a search function here that I often use to amuse myself in those dark times between drug-fueled orgies. Search "Rex will have a job in 5, Rex will be the #1 coach on the market, Teams lining up, Mangini and Herm got," then in the "Author" field, write in "slats, AirForceJetsFan, bitonti, JiF," then pull up a chair for some good old-fashioned laughs.

Who, in their heart of hearts, actually believed Rex would be snapped up the nano-second we fired his sorry ass?   If you think about it seriously, what owner/GM would proudly trot out Rex' six year performance (especially the last four) in order to sell a fan base that he is the answer to the needs of that organization?  Ridiculous.

Small market team looking for media attention

There's a search function here that I often use to amuse myself in those dark times between drug-fueled orgies. Search "Rex will have a job in 5, Rex will be the #1 coach on the market, Teams lining up, Mangini and Herm got," then in the "Author" field, write in "slats, AirForceJetsFan, bitonti, JiF," then pull up a chair for some good old-fashioned laughs.

Those were pretty funny threads.

Almost as funny as the Jets season prediction threads right after the draft.

Really strange/delusional mentality by various folks--on all the Jet boards--attempting to find any kernel of hope/success amid the sea of Rex' calamities.

Small market team looking for media attention

The Scottish Claymores still around?

Really strange/delusional mentality by various folks--on all the Jet boards--attempting to find any kernel of hope/success amid the sea of Rex' calamities.

The Scottish Claymores still around?

Smaller.

Problem isnt that they were wring, it is that they were total jerks about it, yelling down anyone with a realistic view.

Bears outright refuse.

Bills and Raiders "have interest," but neither have scheduled an interview.

San Fran has him on the back burner.

Basically, he's hoping for Arthur Blank to lose his mind.

Top five coach, though.

Bears prefer Marrone to Ryan.  Time for some of our diehards to troll their sites

Lol

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/report-bears-have-no-interest-hiring-rex-ryan?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Report: Bears have no interest in hiring Rex Ryan

January 3, 2015, 7:15 pm

Rex Ryan's got the bravado to rally a fan base. He's got the defensive mind to potentially solve the Bears defensive woes. He's even got family history with the Bears as his dad, Buddy Ryan, was the Bears defensive coordinator for the 1985 Super Bowl team. 

So that would logically link Ryan to the Bears head coaching vacancy...right?

Apparently not.

According to a report from Pro Football Talk, the Bears have no interest in hiring the former Jets head coach. Ryan spent six seasons in New York, going 50-52 and making two AFC Championship Game appearances. As bad as the Jets (4-12) were last season, his defense finished sixth in the NFL in total defense. The Bears, on the other hand, finished 30th. 

The other knock on Ryan is his ability to control the offense. He was scarcely involved with the offensive operations in New York, and he watched two young quarterbacks, Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith, fail to develop under his watch. 

[MORE: Is Gamble the safest bet for Bears GM?]

Ryan has interviews set up with the San Francisco 49ers and the Atlanta Falcons and is also drawing interest from the Buffalo Bills. It's also been widely reported that Ryan would not take a defensive coordinator job if he was not hired as a head coach anywhere. Instead, he would be a TV analyst for at least a year. 

Meanwhile, the Bears have already interviewed Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase. There's also potential interestin Kansas City Chiefs special teams coordinator and former Bears coach Dave Toub and the team has requested permission to interview Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, who saw his team lose to the Carolina Panthers on Saturday in the Wild Card Round. The Bears are also expected to interview former Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone later this week.

The Bears don't want to have to hire TWO HC's. One for the defense (Rex) and another for the offense. Rex is half a HC as MOST Jets fans have realized for years. The Jets look so disjointed and dysfunctional on game days it is certainly a reflection of the disconnect between HC and offense. Don't blame the Bears for wanting no part of that. Falcons and 49ers should say no also.

Bears prefer Marrone to Ryan.  Time for some of our diehards to troll their sites

I hope the Bears sign Marrone quickly. I want NO PART of a sub .500 coach who has the same problems as the guy the Jets just let go. Marrone CAN'T develop QB's. The Bills drafted Manuel in the first round and he looks worse than Geno Smith. Marrone is also a disciplinarian to a fault, as much as Rex was a players coach to a fault.

this….SF never made any sense, their biggest issue is they need someone to come in and fix Kapernick…yea I know Harbaugh is a QB guru but for whatever reason Kapernick fell off a cliff this year.

Kapernick was great in the playoffs when he surprise some teams with his ability to run the ball, but since then teams have figured him out.  Not sure he'll ever be as effective as his first year.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/report-bears-have-no-interest-hiring-rex-ryan?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Report: Bears have no interest in hiring Rex Ryan

January 3, 2015, 7:15 pm

Rex Ryan's got the bravado to rally a fan base. He's got the defensive mind to potentially solve the Bears defensive woes. He's even got family history with the Bears as his dad, Buddy Ryan, was the Bears defensive coordinator for the 1985 Super Bowl team. 

So that would logically link Ryan to the Bears head coaching vacancy...right?

Apparently not.

According to a report from Pro Football Talk, the Bears have no interest in hiring the former Jets head coach. Ryan spent six seasons in New York, going 50-52 and making two AFC Championship Game appearances. As bad as the Jets (4-12) were last season, his defense finished sixth in the NFL in total defense. The Bears, on the other hand, finished 30th. 

The other knock on Ryan is his ability to control the offense. He was scarcely involved with the offensive operations in New York, and he watched two young quarterbacks, Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith, fail to develop under his watch. 

[MORE: Is Gamble the safest bet for Bears GM?]

Ryan has interviews set up with the San Francisco 49ers and the Atlanta Falcons and is also drawing interest from the Buffalo Bills. It's also been widely reported that Ryan would not take a defensive coordinator job if he was not hired as a head coach anywhere. Instead, he would be a TV analyst for at least a year. 

Meanwhile, the Bears have already interviewed Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase. There's also potential interestin Kansas City Chiefs special teams coordinator and former Bears coach Dave Toub and the team has requested permission to interview Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, who saw his team lose to the Carolina Panthers on Saturday in the Wild Card Round. The Bears are also expected to interview former Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone later this week.

Not shocked.

Arthur Blank is going to dump Dimitroff and Pioli so he can hire Rex, Rob Ryan, Jeff Weeks, and Dennis Thurman?

i know its all hearsay but according to the media on twitter, blank was impressed back in 09 with rex's interview and also wants to change the culture.  i also read that dimtroff has no say in the new hiring, not sure about pioli tho.

When Blank gave his list of things he wanted in the next head coach a week ago as he was going though  them the first three things I thought totally desrbied rex, the rest of the list of 5 or more things 100% did not describe rex at all.

Also for all the Rex luvers who's mantra is 'How can rex be expected to have a good pass defense if he has no corners or db's!!!!!!'

Carolina last night: Josh Norman later round pick developed with the team ala Walls.  Two raw rookies and an ancient roman Harper.  Baltimore last night, two UDFA's in Rashaan Melvin off the street and Darian Sterwart.

Carolina last night: Josh Norman later round pick developed with the team ala Walls. Two raw rookies and an ancient roman Harper. Baltimore last night, two UDFA's in Rashaan Melvin off the street and Darian Sterwart.

Come on Beer, great HC's are expected to be handed great CB's by their GM, not to develop them.

We gave Sanchez about 16 mil a yr I believe n eventually traded away Revis. Even with Revis, Manning could've very easily been a part of the cap.

So. No. Rex wasn't going to use a dime more than any other team. He was, however, forced upon a team that spent about 85% of its cap in 2014. That extra 20 mil? I wonder who we could have afforded?

No, Mark first two years in the league his salary was very small less than 4 mill a year while is was a 5 year 28mill deal.most of the money was in years 3-5. And even manning would not have saved Rex's season  during his worse season as a coach 2012.

Archived