Don Shula calls Bill Belichick "Beli-cheat"

Klecko73isGod

Takes one to know one, I guess...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/08/don-shula-calls-bill-belichick-beli-cheat/

Since the 2007 Spygate controversy, Patriots coach Bill Belichick has been referred to as “Beli-cheat” a number of times, but usually by fans of rival teams. Not by Hall of Fame coaches.

But that’s the name Don Shula, the winningest coach in NFL history, uses to refer to Belichick.

Dave Hyde of the Sun-Sentinel writes in a profile of Shula at the age of 85 that when the subject of Belichick came up, that unflattering nickname was Shula’s response.

“Beli-cheat?” Shula says.

Shula’s 1972 Dolphins have the only perfect season in NFL history. Belichick’s 2007 Patriots, who went 16-0 in the regular season but lost in the Super Bowl, were the team that came the closest to joining the ’72 Dolphins with a perfect season. And Shula apparently thinks that Belichick, whose team got caught that year taping opposing coaching signals, achieved his success using something less than sportsmanlike means.

It’s not something we would have expected to hear from Shula, who rarely speaks out or makes waves in retirement. Shula must not have warm feelings toward Belichick. Or Beli-cheat.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a cheater...these comment are accurate. I hate how everyone treats Billy boy and the Patriots. The Patriot way and all that is just a bunch of propaganda. They are cheaters. Lets not even get into the tuck rule or the ref favorable treatment over the year. I was just talking with a raider fan and he reminded me of that game where brady takes a hit from them and no fumble is called...ends up costing them the game etc...there is a million stories from a million fans that all have seen the Patriots screw them. 

Patriots should not be in same paragraph as shula's dolphin team. 

Shula doesn't like Belichick because Belichick almost surpassed Shula's 17-0 season.

That entire '72 Phags team is made up of bitter old f*cks stuck in their glory days that lose their sh*t if their record is even threatened.

Not defending Beli, but who gives a f*ck what Shula says? Was Mercury Morris unavailable for comment? Dumb question. Mercury Morris is never unavailable for comment.

Strong SN to post ratio.

This is a jets board, join us in the hate of our bitter rivals.

By blowing Don Shula? No thanks.

There are plenty of ways to hate the Pats without agreeing with the rantings of a senile old man that was a thorn in the Jets side for even longer than Belichick.

By blowing Don Shula? No thanks.

There are plenty of ways to hate the Pats without agreeing with the rantings of a senile old man that was a thorn in the Jets side for even longer than Belichick.

Agreeing isn't "blowing", we can all agree he's called Belicheat for a reason it's all.

He is a cheater...these comment are accurate. I hate how everyone treats Billy boy and the Patriots. The Patriot way and all that is just a bunch of propaganda. They are cheaters. Lets not even get into the tuck rule or the ref favorable treatment over the year. I was just talking with a raider fan and he reminded me of that game where brady takes a hit from them and no fumble is called...ends up costing them the game etc...there is a million stories from a million fans that all have seen the Patriots screw them.

Patriots should not be in same paragraph as shula's dolphin team.

Err...well..that fumble IS the tuck rule you didn't want to talk about

Don Shula is a hypocrite cheater. 

Before the Jets played in the AFC Championship game down there under Michaels, Shula not only failed to comply with NFL rules and tarp the field, but actually had them run hoses on it to make it worse. Screw them both. 

Don Shula is a hypocrite cheater. 

Before the Jets played in the AFC Championship game down there under Michaels, Shula not only failed to comply with NFL rules and tarp the field, but actually had them run hoses on it to make it worse. Screw them both. 

Agreed, probably just making noise to sell a few steaks.

No matter how much Belichick cheats I will never hate him nearly as much and I hate Don ******* Shula . Unreal Don Shula would call someone else a cheat while his fat ass sat on the NFL rules committee for years I guess someone forgot to tell that **** your supposed to cover the field during rainstorms POS

No matter how much Belichick cheats I will never hate him nearly as much and I hate Don ******* Shula . Unreal Don Shula would call someone else a cheat while his fat ass sat on the NFL rules committee for years I guess someone forgot to tell that **** your supposed to cover the field during rainstorms POS

Yeah, these are my 2 least favorite coaches by far.. I hope they get in a gun fight and kill each

Every single sports fan on the entire planet who doesnt root for the Patriots knows that those championships were a fraud and a stain on the NFL's prestigious history.

Belicheat - cant win without cheating, cant win without Brady.

Hey JiF, what time is the Jets kick-off for the divisional round game this weekend?

I really like you as a poster, but sometimes you slip back into a delusional Pats hater.

Nothing wrong with that, but please continue to root for a team that is 0-4 in AFCCG's and hasn't done jack shut since 1968.

Hey JiF, what time is the Jets kick-off for the divisional round game this weekend?

I really like you as a poster, but sometimes you slip back into a delusional Pats hater.

Nothing wrong with that, but please continue to root for a team that is 0-4 in AFCCG's and hasn't done jack shut since 1968.

We'd be 4-0 in AFCCG's if we were filming our opponents, too. 

Archived