Maccagnan to be Jets GM: Rappoport

T0mShane

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets are expected to hire Texans director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan as general manager.

It should be announced no later than Monday. Maccagnan has widely been viewed as the favorite for the job since he first interviewed for it. He was also the only one to be brought back for a second interview. Maccagnan's first order of business will be to hire a head coach, followed by finding a quarterback.

Not really that was just as illegal as when the Jets poached the Tuna.. Both team paid a price in draft picks..

What do you mean illegal. There is nothing illegal about not taking the job. The NFL ruled that if he did not take the job of the NYJ then he could not coach for anyone else for 1 year from the date that he resigned.  I remeber I was pissed that kraft Gave draft choices to the jets to get him released one year rather than wait a year.  Parcells had already told Weis to hit the door and Crennel wanted to leave too.  They could have held the fort, cut all the dead wood and then BB would have come into a much better situation.

We are one of the worst teams in the league. 

It looks like we will be hiring the flavor of the week in Quinn - Who has proven only that he can call plays for the most talented defense in the league. A Group that he had no part in developing. 

We need MacCagnan to be an absolute stud. Very happy he is talent guy. 

It looks like we will be hiring the flavor of the week in Quinn - Who has proven only that he can call plays for the most talented defense in the league. A Group that he had no part in developing. 

Quinn is on the top of a few team's list.  No guarantee he is the next Jets HC.

Dan Quinn is not the flavor of the week. He was a top candidate last year and decided to stay/was held back by Seattle's success. He was also waiting for the right job to come along. By all accounts he is a very good coach and there are several teams that want him, but he wants to be a New York Jet.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/01/06/dan-quinn-is-the-best-head-coach-candidate-for-new-york-jets/

Quinn is on the top of a few team's list.  No guarantee he is the next Jets HC.

If he's at the top of the Jets list, and the Jets are the top of his list (why? I have no idea), then all Woody has to do is open the checkbook. If we start seeing more coaching vacancies being filled, we'll start to have a better idea who the Jets are hiring.

Also, with Maccagnan getting hired, we should start to see some second HC interviews - including Marrone, who was tied to Maccagnan in the earliest reports surrounding the team's openings.

Woody did all he could do to ensure a proper hire.  He puts all his resources into the team, he's not savvy or especially adept but dammit he tries and I appreciate that.  He has learned from past mistakes and is learning, getting better - hopefully one day it pays off because I am hope depleted, I feel like a hamster on a wheel with this team, continuousyly starting over with fresh optimism. 

It's show me time, I just hope to god we can have a good draft - we haven't done that since 2006 with the Brick, Nick draft.

The cupboard is bare and we need to stack 2-3 quality drafts to get back to respectability.

It's got the Casserly-Wolf stamp on it so I'm happy with it. Cimini was on with Bill Daughtry yesterday and said that the general opinion of Maccagnan is that he has a great eye for talent, but doesn't come off as an alpha male executive-type. FWIW

tanny and Idzick were two of the biggest nerds I've ever seen, don't get this alpha male stuff.

I trust Casserly and Wolf, Mac will be fine

The cupboard is bare and we need to stack 2-3 quality drafts to get back to respectability.

This is a tough endeavor even for the best of them. Let's hope for a good one this year and go from there. 

(I like your analogy of a hamster on wheel. That really is the life of a Jet fan.)

gus bradley is 7-25 in 2 seasons as HC without Russell WIlson and the Legion of Boom.   

Quinn is in for a rude awakening when he realizes you need a QB to compete in the NFL.  

Woody did all he could do to ensure a proper hire.  He puts all his resources into the team, he's not savvy or especially adept but dammit he tries and I appreciate that.  He has learned from past mistakes and is learning, getting better - hopefully one day it pays off because I am hope depleted, I feel like a hamster on a wheel with this team, continuousyly starting over with fresh optimism. 

It's show me time, I just hope to god we can have a good draft - we haven't done that since 2006 with the Brick, Nick draft.

This is exactly how I feel about Woody.

Archived