BUCKEYES @ MARIOTA - Monday; Jan 12; 8:30pm ET ESPN

jetrider

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said this before, but the kid never makes it past his 2nd read... He gets to his second progression, and takes off.

I'm not saying he can't develop, but he's certainly not a "can't miss" QB like Elway, Peyton, or Luck were. In fact, when you consider Winston's off the field nonsense, I don't think there is a QB worth taking in the top 5 or 10.

Trade down, get more picks, and build a top 3 offensive line. Then sign a veteran QB and maybe you get lucky with a QB in a later round like Seattle, New England, etc...

My son's team runs a similar offense to Oregon. He was hurt this year and didn't play. So he signaled the plays in most of the year. I am cracking up watching the guys do it for Orgeon. Walking like a duck, the funky dances....ah, it is the simple things in life that make me laugh.

I've said this before, but the kid never makes it past his 2nd read... He gets to his second progression, and takes off.

I'm not saying he can't develop, but he's certainly not a "can't miss" QB like Elway, Peyton, or Luck were. In fact, when you consider Winston's off the field nonsense, I don't think there is a QB worth taking in the top 5 or 10.

Trade down, get more picks, and build a top 3 offensive line. Then sign a veteran QB and maybe you get lucky with a QB in a later round like Seattle, New England, etc...

You think he is more Kaepernick than Russel Wilson?

I agree with the rest of the post though.

Tom, would you take a flier on this kid in a later round?

Me? This QB draft class sucks. Winston is destined for prison and Mariota's arm strength is putrid. After that, there's Brett Hundley, who sucks, and Bryce Petty, who is talented but might be an ignoramus. If you're going to pass on Winston and Mariota, you could reasonably come back in the 4th round and take Jones without looking too stupid. The size, the arm, the running ability are there, and he's doing all of this in monolithic games.

Me? This QB draft class sucks. Winston is destined for prison and Mariota's arm strength is putrid. After that, there's Brett Hundley, who sucks, and Bryce Petty, who is talented but might be an ignoramus. If you're going to pass on Winston and Mariota, you could reasonably come back in the 4th round and take Jones without looking too stupid. The size, the arm, the running ability are there, and he's doing all of this in monolithic games.

I agree, except I think Petty's stock could go up, and he maybe draftable. Jones could be a long term project but you never know.

I don't understand how you can pass on Mariota.   He has plenty of arm strength which I'm sure will be in display at the combine / pro day.   Most of his throws are on the run and he still slings it.    The kid is a winner and needs the right system.   you can't take mariota and slam him into a marty schottenheimer offense.    with the right OC + QB coach this kid revolutionizes the NFL game.  

I don't understand how you can pass on Mariota.   He has plenty of arm strength which I'm sure will be in display at the combine / pro day.   Most of his throws are on the run and he still slings it.    The kid is a winner and needs the right system.   you can't take mariota and slam him into a marty schottenheimer offense.    with the right OC + QB coach this kid revolutionizes the NFL game.  

He can make throws when guys are wide open, cannot in tight windows.

It may be tough to pass on him if hes there at 6.

Archived