The Super Bowl of Super Bowls

The12th Man

On one side we have the Patriots trying to validate their legacy and enter uncharted territory. Brady wins 4th of 6 and the dynasty comes full circle. While on the other hand you have Seattle who has easily had the two best defensive seasons in the history of the NFL since the 85/86 Bears. Remember now Peyton Manning shattered multiple records and had arguably one of the best offensive seasons of all time last year only to practically be shut out and embarrassed. Now the potential to beat TB12 another HOF QB with all his accomplishments.

Manning and Brady beaten in back to back Superbowls by the same team who posted the #1 Defense both years.

You have to appreciate history in the making.

On one side we have the Patriots trying to validate their legacy and enter uncharted territory. Brady wins 4th of 6 and the dynasty comes full circle. While on the other hand you have Seattle who has easily had the two best defensive seasons in the history of the NFL since the 85/86 Bears. Remember now Peyton Manning shattered multiple records and had arguably one of the best offensive seasons of all time last year only to practically be shut out and embarrassed. Now the potential to beat TB12 another HOF QB with all his accomplishments.

Manning and Brady beaten in back to back Superbowls by the same team who posted the #1 Defense both years.

Meh... I once saw the Jets beat Manning and Brady in back to back road playoff games with a great defense. 

It's been done. 

Meh... I once saw the Jets beat Manning and Brady in back to back road playoff games with a great defense.

It's been done.

As did I my friend. But I didn't name the thread the 2010 Jets and their loss to Big Ben because of Mark Sanchez. You can start that thread if you'd like.

This is about Brady and Manning. Think about that. The same team beating Brady And Manning in the Super Bowl. I always envy my dad for seeing the historic of his time. You get to be envied twenty years from now by your children.

Yes son. Back then the Jets only had 1 SB trophy and patriots fans used to pick on daddy! But now we have 7 and they still have 3 because of the Seahawks!

You were in diapers when that happened so long ago.

Get in today's world.

Actually it was four years ago. I know you're so old that the years all blend together now. But it was just in January of 2011. 

And Manning and Brady were better back then because they were significantly younger. 

Sea beat an elite GB team that punished NE this season. This D is money. I saw quite a few games this season that Seattle played. They are solid at every level on D and they don't stop running the ball. If Wilson adds to the run game this will be another SB blowout.

NE needs to take advantage of penalties that Sea may incur. I think Carroll has the D really look at the movements of the QB in the pocket. Brady is not the type of QB that has lateral movement. He needs to step forward. If that step is negated, NE's chances are nil.

With the deflate gate going on now, that is a distraction for NE. They don't like distractions, yet they have brought this upon themselves. In the long run short term gains can hurt.

the last dynasty was the islanders

win 1 title, you are champion

win 2 in a row, you are repeat champions

win 3 in a row, you have the three-peat champions

win 4 in a row, you are a dynasty

this dynasty crap has to stop

What I appreciate is teams with great defenses and Running games almost always beat teams with prolific passing attacks. Its not all about the QB its about the team. Thing is some teams choose to surround the QB with TEAMS and not rely fully on one man. That's the Seattle Seahawks and that's why they will destroy the Pats just like they did the Broncos last year. The Seahawks Destroy Pocket passers and while Brady has much more of an arm at this stage Than Peyton Manning throwing up his ducks neither QB can run to escape the pocket. If the Hawks get pressure this game will be a blowout. The Key to this entire game is NOT the QB its going to come down to the trenches and whether or not The Patriots can Protect Brady.

the last dynasty was the islanders

win 1 title, you are champion

win 2 in a row, you are repeat champions

win 3 in a row, you have the three-peat champions

win 4 in a row, you are a dynasty

this dynasty crap has to stop

In todays NFL you will never ever see 4 in a row to many injuries and talent watered down by the Salary cap and Free Agency.

In todays NFL you will never ever see 4 in a row to many injuries and talent watered down by the Salary cap and Free Agency.

it's almost impossible in any of the 4 major US professional sports, which is why the word should not be thrown around lightly

it should be saved for the 60's celtics teams or 60's-70's UCLA mens hoops teams

a dynasty is something that is once in a generation, not the latest flavor of the month

You take out brady's 5 yard bullsh*t completions and he is average at best. 15+ yard passes he is really inaccurate. I don't understand why this is hard to understand for defenses. His receivers do the rest  by accumulating YAC. Seattle should be able to figure this out. It'll be a better game than last year but Seattle should come out on top.

it's almost impossible in any of the 4 major US professional sports, which is why the word should not be thrown around lightly

it should be saved for the 60's celtics teams or 60's-70's UCLA mens hoops teams

a dynasty is something that is once in a generation, not the latest flavor of the month

And then theres the Yankees who were a dynasty for close to a Century in numerous decades

You take out brady's 5 yard bullsh*t completions and he is average at best. 15+ yard passes he is really inaccurate. I don't understand why this is hard to understand for defenses. His receivers do the rest by accumulating YAC. Seattle should be able to figure this out. It'll be a better game than last year but Seattle should come out on top.

Seattle I think will win. But Brady is a HOFer. 'Average at best' is silly.

I guess you didn't read what I said/haven't watched patriots games this season. Brady is very inaccurate on mid range and deep balls. 

why exactly do you think QB's of this era have such high passing percentages ? Back in the Days of Namath Bradshaw Stabler Staubach they didn't dump the ball off to backs 150 times a year they rarely did at all. The difference in percentage from those days to now is based on that fact alone. The high percentage passer rating started in the early to mid 80's With Kenny Anderson and Joe Montana and they keep getting higher. Brady is no more inaccurate than any other QB in the mid range to deep passes, of course some QB's are better than others and it varies greatly from year to year on the deep passes but if they had the same type of offenses back in the 50's 60's and 70's  you would have seen the same high percentages your seeing today.

Also the jealously of Tom Brady on this site is ridiculous the guy is easily in the top five of all time and to see people trying to justify their opinions that the guy sucks or that his career is over like I've seen once a year for the past 5 years is borderline moronic.

why exactly do you think QB's of this era have such high passing percentages ? Back in the Days of Namath Bradshaw Stabler Staubach they didn't dump the ball off to backs 150 times a year they rarely did at all. The difference in percentage from those days to now is based on that fact alone. The high percentage passer rating started in the early to mid 80's With Kenny Anderson and Joe Montana and they keep getting higher. Brady is no more inaccurate than any other QB in the mid range to deep passes, of course some QB's are better than others and it varies greatly from year to year on the deep passes but if they had the same type of offenses back in the 50's 60's and 70's  you would have seen the same high percentages your seeing today.

Also the jealously of Tom Brady on this site is ridiculous the guy is easily in the top five of all time and to see people trying to justify their opinions that the guy sucks or that his career is over like I've seen once a year for the past 5 years is borderline moronic.

Brady used to be incredibly accurate on the deep balls and mid range, that's why he was so great up until last year, it seems. His accuracy is no longer all there, if you take out the short passes in his game, you essentially take out his game, because that's all he has left. He's not the same QB. 

And what's moronic is you talking about how brady used to be, and saying that's how he is now. Watch a game. 90% of his completions are 5 yard outs.

Brady used to be incredibly accurate on the deep balls and mid range, that's why he was so great up until last year, it seems. His accuracy is no longer all there, if you take out the short passes in his game, you essentially take out his game, because that's all he has left. He's not the same QB. 

And what's moronic is you talking about how brady used to be, and saying that's how he is now. Watch a game. 90% of his completions are 5 yard outs.

funny in one post your saying you dont watch Pats games ...Then your telling me to watch the games ? Which is it do you watch or dont you ? Ive watched plenty of Brady over the years and this year and he plays to the talent around him better than any QB EVER. When he had the players to go deep he did.... now that he doesent and he throws a shorter range of pass you get on his case. hilarious. Bottom line... no matter how much we may disagree the outcome is the guy wins every year with an average of about 12 wins per year since hes been in the league. This is also with major turnover to the skill players on offense. But damn those 5 yard passes that get ya 12 wins and yet another SB appearance

What I appreciate is teams with great defenses and Running games almost always beat teams with prolific passing attacks. Its not all about the QB its about the team. Thing is some teams choose to surround the QB with TEAMS and not rely fully on one man. That's the Seattle Seahawks and that's why they will destroy the Pats just like they did the Broncos last year. The Seahawks Destroy Pocket passers and while Brady has much more of an arm at this stage Than Peyton Manning throwing up his ducks neither QB can run to escape the pocket. If the Hawks get pressure this game will be a blowout. The Key to this entire game is NOT the QB its going to come down to the trenches and whether or not The Patriots can Protect Brady.

Nonsense.. There's a reason all 4 teams that played last week had top QB's.. And if Packers can recover an onside kick, you have the 2 best QB's in football in the SB.

QB by far most important, Wilson is a very good one, and has the best team around him, which gives him an advantage for sure

funny in one post your saying you dont watch Pats games ...Then your telling me to watch the games ? Which is it do you watch or dont you ? Ive watched plenty of Brady over the years and this year and he plays to the talent around him better than any QB EVER. When he had the players to go deep he did.... now that he doesent and he throws a shorter range of pass you get on his case. hilarious. Bottom line... no matter how much we may disagree the outcome is the guy wins every year with an average of about 12 wins per year since hes been in the league. This is also with major turnover to the skill players on offense. But damn those 5 yard passes that get ya 12 wins and yet another SB appearance

When did I ever say I don't watch pat games? Unfortunately I find myself watching them all the time. He's been incredibly inaccurate on deep passes this year. Look it up. Or I will if you want me too

Archived