Rex already tempering re: Revis

DaBallhawk

Uh he left there playing in a super bowl. when he arrived they were the worst team in the nfl. just the same scenario as when he took over from Kotite with the Jets. hard to ignore those facts. also he didnt talk sh*t about the Patriots (Like Rex is doing ''with that team from new jersey'')

Rex on the other hand inherited a 9-7 team with talent and left here leaving somebody else to pick up the pieces with a piece of garbage product.  Kind of like how Herm left. and hes even starting to sound like Herm now.

And no QB and everyone knows a QB is the least important player on any team.. :animal0029:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex can't move on, but we're supposed to. Just like Revis in Tampa, these insecure types just take it personal, to the point where rewriting history to save face trumps the here and now.

Amazing.

LOL it sounds like Rex has moved on further than most people here. 

I agree as GM he should have.. When they tried to get Peyton and failed was it Rex that gave Sanchez that extension??

As Woody stated...REX was in all the meetings and never vocalized anything regarding offense.

If you believe a 6 year coach has no say...well, I have a bridge to sell you.

What I found interesting about his interview, was that he acted as if he had no culpability with the 4-12 record.  While Idzik certainly put a floored team together, Rex did nothing special as HC and contributed to an awful season. In 1999 with no QB, Parcells coached that team to an 8-8 record. Possibly his finest coaching performance.

I guess you also believe Rex wanted Revis and Cro gone as well..

I think Rex was a soft in the middle guy.  He could be a tough guy when defending his guys, that's easy, but when it came to management he towed the company line.  He did what he was told, take a look at the change in him when Idzik becames the GM, that was Rex falling in line.  Ultimately this was his downfall.   Alot of coaches would have told our management to go F themselves, not Rex.  Perhaps because he hadn't attained the status of a Harbaugh let's say.

I think Rex was a soft in the middle guy.  He could be a tough guy when defending his guys, that's easy, but when it came to management he towed the company line.  He did what he was told, take a look at the change in him when Idzik becames the GM, that was Rex falling in line.  Ultimately this was his downfall.   Alot of coaches would have told our management to go F themselves, not Rex.  Perhaps because he hadn't attained the status of a Harbaugh let's say.

It has nothing to do with status Harbaugh is a real dick to deal with Rex isn't he's loyal to a fault and that's what did him in..Well that and not fighting enough for the Offense..LOL

Agreed.  I hate seeing these Rex threads, but somehow feel compelled to respond to them.  

In the off season posters have to vent their hate somewhere and Rex is still fresh meat for them.. I would like to move on as well but the haters need to vent so here we are..LOL

He's a total buffoon. But from now on, all I care is when he is coaching the Bills against the Jets. And I KNOW Todd Bowles cannot be as bad as Rex Ryan on game days. 

When Edwards left, I genuinely despised him. That's even gone away. As for Ryan, good luck, Buffalo. You're gonna need it. But not our problem any more.

Bill Parcells (the coach) is ******* a$$hole who left this team in total disarray after completely fumbling the handoff to Belichick and putting us in pure cap hell and recommending the hiring of Terry Bradway as GM. 

I can't believe any self-respecting Jets fan would have any love for him just as I can't believe any self-respecting Jets fan would support the Mets if they knew the history between the two franchises. 

**** Bill Parcells. **** him straight to hell. 

Parcells was never known for his loyalty.   He did what was best for him.  After all those years under him Belichick was glad to be free of Parcells.  As long a Belchick stayed with the Jets he would have been under Parcell's thumb.  So I agree he is an A hole.

It has nothing to do with status Harbaugh is a real dick to deal with Rex isn't he's loyal to a fault and that's what did him in..Well that and not fighting enough for the Offense..LOL

No argument here.  He was and is still loyal to the Jets, his coaches, his guys.  It may have been his downfall, but the players played hard for him because of his loyalty.

As do the apologists. 

There's no apologizing for Rex from me..I just like to see people be fair and when it comes to Rex they are not.. My view on Rex now and always has been that he was not a complete HC.. He acted more like the DC then a HC and didn't fight for the Offense or in some cases not to care at all.. That being said he was not the worst HC the Jets ever had like some seem to think. And I do believe if we had a Vinny,Favre or Chad like BP, Herm and Mangini did we would have made a bowl..

There's no apologizing for Rex from me..I just like to see people be fair and when it comes to Rex they are not.. My view on Rex now and always has been that he was not a complete HC.. He acted more like the DC then a HC and didn't fight for the Offense or in some cases not to care at all.. That being said he was not the worst HC the Jets ever had like some seem to think. And I do believe if we had a Vinny,Favre or Chad like BP, Herm and Mangini did we would have made a bowl..

Ahahahahahahaha

What I found interesting about his interview, was that he acted as if he had no culpability with the 4-12 record.  While Idzik certainly put a floored team together, Rex did nothing special as HC and contributed to an awful season. In 1999 with no QB, Parcells coached that team to an 8-8 record. Possibly his finest coaching performance.

In 2009 with no QB, Rex reached the AFFC and was probably a healthy Shonn Greene away from reaching the SB.  In 2013, the Jets roster was so awful playing behind  a rookie QB that ESPN ranked them 32nd in the league and gave them two wins in the season.  Yet they finished with an 8-8 record.  Even with a horrible roster put together by Idzik this past season, they were a very competitive football team and a player away from having a double digit in the W column.

In 2009 with no QB, Rex reached the AFFC and was probably a healthy Shonn Greene away from reaching the SB. In 2013, the Jets roster was so awful playing behind a rookie QB that ESPN ranked them 32nd in the league and gave them two wins in the season. Yet they finished with an 8-8 record. Even with a horrible roster put together by Idzik this past season, they were a very competitive football team and a player away from having a double digit in the W column.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

No, we wouldn't speak of Rex at all, but when we see the crap that people come up with we feel compelled to respond. 

My problem is why folks were/are so intensely vested in Rex and his reputation.  We saw what the guy did to this organization over the last six years.  Yeah, there were some good times, but look at the smoldering ashes around us.  It's going to take years to rebuild this thing.

Sure, I blame Woody, Tannendunce and Idiotzik for a good measure of our failure.  But to absolve Rex from any of the dysfunction is, IMO, a head in the sand mentality.  

My problem is why folks were/are so intensely vested in Rex and his reputation. We saw what the guy did to this organization over the last six years. Yeah, there were some good times, but look at the smoldering ashes around us. It's going to take years to rebuild this thing.

Sure, I blame Woody, Tannendunce and Idiotzik for a good measure of our failure. But to absolve Rex from any of the dysfunction is, IMO, a head in the sand mentality.

Munch, look, he's not the worst Jets coach of all time, ok?

Archived