Rex Ryan: "Stephen Gilmore is elite."

Patriot Killa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely Rex is right but that's not the point .... The point is Rex is an idiot and actually hurts the teams bargaining with the player. If jack ass Rex goes around continuing to do this he draws attention to the player just like he did with Revis then said player wants or demands a boat load of money. Rex the Idiot, as a coach, should probably not be doing that and should have learned by now but just like other Head Coaching abilities the guy just does not seem to learn how to work the system. He needs a little Parcells in him but apparently that's never going to happen will be fun to see what happens when Gilmore starts asking for Revis /Sherman type money thanks to his idiot HC

Other than Revis (who held out before ever taking the field in the NFL years before the arrival of Rex Ryan) can you give me an example of how this behavior toward his players has had a negative impact on a Rex Ryan led team when it came to negotiations?

Bills are going to have to fork over Revis money now. Thanks Rex. He is the reason Revis was so overpaid, because he can't keep his big mouth shut. Every freakin member of the Jets defense -according to the bozo - was a top five guy. And of course they then want to be paid like it. Rex never learns, becuase if you don't know how stupid you are to begin with how can you learn?

So Rex is the reason the Buc's paid him 16 million?? Jim Harbaugh praises his players he has said this about Kapernick; In my estimation only 2 people could have make that play Kapernick and the other guy has a S on his chest..

Other than Revis (who held out before ever taking the field in the NFL years before the arrival of Rex Ryan) can you give me an example of how this behavior toward his players has had a negative impact on a Rex Ryan led team when it came to negotiations?

The Rex haters just can't let him go JIF funny thing is when it came to giving out money the Tuna took good care of his guys putting the team in cap hell and he really was the GM besides HC..

Bills are going to have to fork over Revis money now. Thanks Rex. He is the reason Revis was so overpaid, because he can't keep his big mouth shut. Every freakin member of the Jets defense -according to the bozo - was a top five guy. And of course they then want to be paid like it. Rex never learns, becuase if you don't know how stupid you are to begin with how can you learn?

yes, because before rex told revis and Gilmore how good they were, they just had no idea. lmfao. dumbest thing I have ever heard on a message board. maybe rex should tell Gilmore how horrible he is and maybe the bills can sign him for the vet minimum.

Except Parcels kept his player...Isn't it possible he gushed over him because he was a good guy on top of the talent?

He gushed over a guy that avg barely 4 ypc and 7 tds a year as a Jet and in his first year avg 3.5 ypc and 14 yds in a AFC Championship game.. If that don't say HOF I don't know what does but the real reason the compiler made it was his old college coach Paul "3rd and long draw play" Hackett..

Rex is right, Gilmore is elite.  The article is also right, the Bills have an elite front seven, the Jets however, do not.  Grabbing Gregory, Ray or Fowler Jr should not be a surprise. I'd actually be excited about the pick if I wasn't so disillusioned by our inability to field a competent Quarterback.

While Gilmore is an awesome corner, the narrative will soon become "Rex made him elite". Just like how Rex is going to make the Buffalo Defense great, because they weren't already. 

The Rex haters just can't let him go JIF funny thing is when it came to giving out money the Tuna took good care of his guys putting the team in cap hell and he really was the GM besides HC..

I agree with Savage here. I think its time we come together a remember Rex Ryan for what he was: a scrappy guy from Philly who worked really hard and, through grit and wholesomeness and a newfound dedication to his craft, fought his way to a shot at the title only to be nicked on points at the very end. Basically, he's Rocky Part One. Can't wait for the sequels. You better watch out, metaphorical Apollo Creeds of the NFL.

That is because Rex said Gilmore was elite before the kid played a down for him. Rex is setting up the narrative. That bastard!

I'm surprised Rex had time to evaluate Gilmore between all of his photo ops, supermarket ribbon-cuttings, Pizza Hut commercial shoots, chillin' with Jim Kelly, and scooting down the thruway to Rochester to press the flesh with their Latino community.

He gushed over a guy that avg barely 4 ypc and 7 tds a year as a Jet and in his first year avg 3.5 ypc and 14 yds in a AFC Championship game.. If that don't say HOF I don't know what does but the real reason the compiler made it was his old college coach Paul "3rd and long draw play" Hackett..

In typical Jet fan fashion - bash the only HOF'er we've had in a very long time.  The guy was a great running back and yes much of it had to do with longevity - but there's something to be said for a guy that did this, carried a big load - year in and year out.  

how did you miss this in the draft Rex ?

2012 DRAFT was a prototype JETS draft and an example of recent drafts which fully explains why we suck today.

We draft Coples... then we trade down to get Hill???  We have NO 4th for Tebow.

Both Wilson and Foles were available for us with our 3rd round pick.

You cant make this stuff up............

Absolutely Rex is right but that's not the point .... The point is Rex is an idiot and actually hurts the teams bargaining with the player. If jack ass Rex goes around continuing to do this he draws attention to the player just like he did with Revis then said player wants or demands a boat load of money. Rex the Idiot, as a coach, should probably not be doing that and should have learned by now but just like other Head Coaching abilities the guy just does not seem to learn how to work the system. He needs a little Parcells in him but apparently that's never going to happen will be fun to see what happens when Gilmore starts asking for Revis /Sherman type money thanks to his idiot HC

about time someone understands!

I agree with Savage here. I think its time we come together a remember Rex Ryan for what he was: a scrappy guy from Philly who worked really hard and, through grit and wholesomeness and a newfound dedication to his craft, fought his way to a shot at the title only to be nicked on points at the very end. Basically, he's Rocky Part One. Can't wait for the sequels. You better watch out, metaphorical Apollo Creeds of the NFL.

Is Weeks Adriene?

Rex's statements are yet another example of Rex taking every opportunity to pump up his players. It's no secret he loves to talk about how great his guys are.

The problem with that is sometimes the player believes the hype, and for whatever reason (not working as hard, other teams targeting them, etc.) their performance on the field doesn't match up.

I've seen this happen with Rex many times over the course of his tenure with the Jets.  Countless times we heard Rex talk about how great his guys were.  Then the games would be played and we would get our ass kicked.  Rex would still be pumping up his guys.  And then we have a large amount of guys on the team that are losing week in and week out yet talking about how good they are.

That's the issue I see here with Rex's comments.  Without yet knowing the character of his team he's already spraying perfume all over them.

Coples is a beast.  Milliner is elite.  Pryor reminds him of this HoF or that HoF.  Davis reminds me of Ray Lewis.  Then we get guys talking about how we're the best 4-12 team out there.  What?

I've been watching this Rex thing from afar and I can honestly say I'm happy he's there and not here.

Revis held out before he played a down in the NFL.  Rex was DC in Baltimore at the time.  The idea that this guy is a secret or that the coaches quotes change the negotiations is as silly the idea that Cimini and Mehta pick the GM.

..but he sure ******* overpaid them.

WTF does Revis holding out as a rookie have to do with this ??? Revis could have turned out to be sh*t at that time, no one knew he was going to be one of the best Shut Down corners. Hell in his first 2 years as a Jet he played good, not great. He got most of his spotlight from his HC Rex Ryan and as soon as Rex opened his mouth He hurt his teams bargaining position because he simply never shut the fu@k up about it. I was not blaming Rex for his original holdout and quite honestly it has absolutely nothing at all to do with this argument of how Rex gushes about his players.  JIF is you can't see how a coach gushing over a player could be a bargaining position for an agent then there is not point in me trying to convince you Just knowing the fact Revis had already held out as a rookie should have been enough info for an Idiot like Ryan to shut his trap and not provide more ammo for his greedy agents. if you think for a second talk of Rex ryans gushing didn't come up in negotiations then your nuts.

@ Slats Another ridiculous argument ...Parcells loved Curtis Martin no doubt but he NEVER acted like Rex Ryan with any player including Martin to say so is pure bullsh!t ...Just because he announced the guy into the HOF absolutely does not make any type of point at all. Rex gave up picks and signed Martin to a nice contract because at the time Martin was what this team needed in the backfield and he helped transform this offense into one of the best in the NFL at the time.

It amazes me how many people subscribe to the stupidest sh*t imaginable.

Actually what's stupid is you not understanding how a coach who continuously props up players in press conferences and comparing them to the best in the game could then make agents have a much better bargaining position.

Your love of Rex Ryan is the only reason you even stepped into this argument . The guys a good DC and that's about it. he will no doubt field a very good defense in Buffalo and he has the talent behind him to do so but that, as with the Jets, does not make him a great HC and it never will.

Actually what's stupid is you not understanding how a coach who continuously props up players in press conferences and comparing them to the best in the game could then make agents have a much better bargaining position.

Your love of Rex Ryan is the only reason you even stepped into this argument . The guys a good DC and that's about it. he will no doubt field a very good defense in Buffalo and he has the talent behind him to do so but that, as with the Jets, does not make him a great HC and it never will.

^^^^^ failed to give an example of another player who because of Rex Ryan's mouth, held out and demanded more money other than Darelle Revis (who held out before he was even in the league (but apparently that prescesdent does matter-;)))

I disagree. Smashmouth is right.

right about what? the fact that revis held out because of the praise he received by rex ryan? or the fact that revis held out coming off the best season any corner ever had in the history of the nfl,ever? and held out long before he met rex ryan?

I disagree. I don't think smashmouth is right

Absolutely Rex is right but that's not the point .... The point is Rex is an idiot and actually hurts the teams bargaining with the player. If jack ass Rex goes around continuing to do this he draws attention to the player just like he did with Revis then said player wants or demands a boat load of money. Rex the Idiot, as a coach, should probably not be doing that and should have learned by now but just like other Head Coaching abilities the guy just does not seem to learn how to work the system. He needs a little Parcells in him but apparently that's never going to happen will be fun to see what happens when Gilmore starts asking for Revis /Sherman type money thanks to his idiot HC 

Thank you!!!

This is the POINT!!

WTF does Revis holding out as a rookie have to do with this ??? Revis could have turned out to be sh*t at that time, no one knew he was going to be one of the best Shut Down corners. Hell in his first 2 years as a Jet he played good, not great. 

He made the Pro Bowl in year 2 so he played better then good..

Archived