2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

Yes.

That seems excessively pessimistic.  Wheeler was the 6th overall pick in 2009, with Matz our 2nd rounder that year.  Harvey the 7th overall pick in 2010.  Syndergaard 38th overall in 2010.  Only with deGrom, a 9th rounder in 2010, did we not use a 1st or 2nd round pick.  That's a lot of draft capital, years of development, and a decent sample size for each pitcher to just cast aside, throw up your hands, and say that they won't be worth keeping long-term. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems excessively pessimistic.  Wheeler was the 6th overall pick in 2009, with Matz our 2nd rounder that year.  Harvey the 7th overall pick in 2010.  Syndergaard 38th overall in 2010.  Only with deGrom, a 9th rounder in 2010, did we not use a 1st or 2nd round pick.  That's a lot of draft capital, years of development, and a decent sample size for each pitcher to just cast aside, throw up your hands, and say that they won't be worth keeping long-term.

That's hyperbole, 80. I said we should take them out behind the chemical shed and shoot them.

I like the Segura quotient of this rumor

FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reports that the Mets have had recent trade talks with the Brewers regarding Aramis Ramirez and Jean Segura.

The Mets have been connected to both names before, but it had appeared that a fit wasn't likely. However, it looks like talks may have been rekindled as the Mets' offense continues to sputter. Ramirez would give New York some more sock at third base with David Wright's (back) status up in the air, while Segura would finally offer them a long-term answer at shortstop.

First of all, the fact that Dierking fav'ed this is disgusting. Secondly, my scenario was Todd Frazier and the best of the Reds prospects for Harvey, whom is going to arbitration next year, meaning that Fred and Jeffy will probably murder him in his sleep anyway. 

Jay Bruce is destined to be a Met.

The Reds and Brewers will be trading players leaving Cueto out

Who would you prefer

Ramirez, Bruce, Segurra

The Mets can't use Bruce, other than a rental-They are committed to Cuddyer and Granderson. They have Conforto and Nimmo knocking on the door.

Ramirez and Segura make sense. The component then is what do they pay?

The Mets can't use Bruce, other than a rental-They are committed to Cuddyer and Granderson. They have Conforto and Nimmo knocking on the door.

Ramirez and Segura make sense. The component then is what do they pay?

I do not know what Brewers would be looking for but I assume like everyone young pitching

I like the Segura quotient of this rumor

FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reports that the Mets have had recent trade talks with the Brewers regarding Aramis Ramirez and Jean Segura.

The Mets have been connected to both names before, but it had appeared that a fit wasn't likely. However, it looks like talks may have been rekindled as the Mets' offense continues to sputter. Ramirez would give New York some more sock at third base with David Wright's (back) status up in the air, while Segura would finally offer them a long-term answer at shortstop.

Hell yes to Segura.

You dicks. The News and Post are where you go to start a CdS because the beat guys will print whatever you want them to in exchange for $50 and a gift certificate to TGI Fridays in midtown. No one reads the Times' sports section. No one.

I still don't know why they let him pitch that 2nd start when they knew he had soreness in his lat.

I agree.  We are trying to limit the strain on our young pitchers this season -- so we go to a 6 man rotation. And tehn we send the kid out there after complaining of tightness by his left arm.  Some injuries are just bad luck, and some are stupidity.  Not sure which one this was.

Great win last night.  Thor looks like he is really coming into his own, he has been lights out in his last 3 starts.  And Duda and Cuddyer going back to back.  Never saw that coming after thge way they have swung the bats thos past mmonth.  Amazing what a 3 run HR can do for a team.  We had a lot of opportunities to extend our lead and couldn't get the big hit with runners in scoring position after the first inning, but a well timed 3 run HR offsets all of that.

I am not ready to give up on this team just yet.   A rotation of Bart, Harvey, Thor, deGrom and Niese backed by a strong and deep bullpen -- especially with Mejia coming back -- should enough to stay in contention into September.

Losing Matz now limits our trade options. Niese is no longer expendable, especially the way he has been pitching the last few weeks. We really need to count on the veteran hitters who have been underperforming to play better in the 2nd half. Duda, Cuddyer, Murphy & Grandy all need to stay healthy and swing better, more consistent bats in the 2nd half. If we can get d"arnaud back and get some production from Lagares and Flores, we can still do something this season.

I want to see the Mets actually play a meaningful game at Citi Field in September this season.

Crazy isn't it? It's almost like trading away your farm system for aging vets is probably a really stupid way to go about building a ball club.

I don't think Alderson completely understands how historically good his pitching staff could be here.

Archived