The Jets will 100% draft/trade for a QB on Draft Day, the question is: in what round?

SouthernJet

There is a huge difference between Petty and Mariota. Listening to Kirwan and Gil Brandt, its night and day. Baylors offense is incredibly simolistic. Requires very little "thinking" on the part of the QB. Mariotta runs a very complicated offense and knows how to progress through his reads better than any QB since Luck.

And the Conner Cook pipe dreams are really out there. We finished too far back this year to possibly get the #2 rated QB. With a stable (stop gap) QB, added pieces on offense, and a defense that should be at worst, top 10, thefe is no way conceivable that we finush any where near close enough to get Cook, who will probably go #1.

The sad thing (for Eagles fans, anyway) is that he could have easily moved up to #6 had he not gone ahead with all of his stupidity of the past few days.  He very well could have bundled Foles and/or Maclin into a trade up to #2 or #6 that would have significantly lessened the number of draft picks he would have needed to give up to get to #2 or #6.  Now, he has nothing left but draft picks to trade.

He's high on Bradford who is not chopped liver.

I would not be cursing if we had Bradford today. If healthy he is a more legit pro style QB than Mariota.

Fans just bought in on the media hype that Kelly was hell bent on Mariota. Let's see what his final roster looks like in what is basically year one of his HC/GM role.

I see him taking Hundley at some point. Perfect fit for that offense.

You will beg for Geno if they draft Hundley.  He really stunk it up at the combine but that does not begin to show what a terrible NFL QB prospect he is.   

You will beg for Geno if they draft Hundley. He really stunk it up at the combine but that does not begin to show what a terrible NFL QB prospect he is.

I'm talking about Chip Kelly. Petty is the only QB in this draft that I like.

I am more than comfortable than us going for a QB in the later rounds.  I think we go for an edge rusher at

6.  Kelly is setting the Eagles back worse than when he got there and Bradford in a trade is an insult.  I've watched

Hundley for two years and we'd be better off drafting Mannion from OSU.  Still a lot of time left.

I will never in my life understand why Sean Mannion is getting so much love from people on this forum.  He is, hands down, one of the worst guys I've ever watched.  If this wasn't such an awful class outside of the top 2, I don't even think he would be drafted.

Back to the topic...

The way that this team is built, if Marcus Mariota is there, I think you have to take him.  Sit him, let him learn.  The kid has such unbelievable upside.  If he's handled correctly, he will thrive, and he will be a STAR.  We're the only team that is a fit for him other than Philly.  I think a lot of people forget that Chan Gaily was Chip Kelly before Kelly came along.  I'll admit, I would have much preferred Foles and an truckload of draft picks but after Chips presser today I think it's pretty clear that he realized there isn't a shot of trading up without giving up everything and then some.  That's why he traded for Bradford.

I will never in my life understand why Sean Mannion is getting so much love from people on this forum.  He is, hands down, one of the worst guys I've ever watched.  If this wasn't such an awful class outside of the top 2, I don't even think he would be drafted.

Back to the topic...

The way that this team is built, if Marcus Mariota is there, I think you have to take him.  Sit him, let him learn.  The kid has such unbelievable upside.  If he's handled correctly, he will thrive, and he will be a STAR.  We're the only team that is a fit for him other than Philly.  I think a lot of people forget that Chan Gaily was Chip Kelly before Kelly came along.  I'll admit, I would have much preferred Foles and an truckload of draft picks but after Chips presser today I think it's pretty clear that he realized there isn't a shot of trading up without giving up everything and then some.  That's why he traded for Bradford.

No.  I agree Mannion is crap.  But so is Hundley.  Tenn or Washington will jump on Mariota before we get to him.

No.  I agree Mannion is crap.  But so is Hundley.  Tenn or Washington will jump on Mariota before we get to him.

I don't know man, Whisenhunt is a stubborn m'fer when it comes to his preferences at QB and they need a deadly pass rusher in the WORST way.  I just can't see it. Too many holes on that defense and Mettenberger, IMHO, showed enough to give him a shot. 

Washington is owned by one of the dumbest men in football, but Snyder isn't dumb enough to allow his team to give up on RGIII just yet.  Especially after all they gave up to get him.  If they are, I hope the jets are on the phone trying to get Griffin immediately.  That kid still has a chance to be special.

I don't know man, Whisenhunt is a stubborn m'fer when it comes to his preferences at QB and they need a deadly pass rusher in the WORST way.  I just can't see it. Too many holes on that defense and Mettenberger, IMHO, showed enough to give him a shot. 

Washington is owned by one of the dumbest men in football, but Snyder isn't dumb enough to allow his team to give up on RGIII just yet.  Especially after all they gave up to get him.  If they are, I hope the jets are on the phone trying to get Griffin immediately.  That kid still has a chance to be special.

What are the odds that the Jets try to move up 'n grab Mariota?

Not sure wtf Kelly is thinking ...

he said in his press conference he would not mortgage the furture of his franchise by tradeing a ton of picks for Mariota. if the Idiot would have held on to Foles he could have easily traded him to us and maybe a few picks to move up and get Mariota. That would have hardly been as bad as Kelly explained. Im beginning to think this guy is a smart coach but an Idiot in personnel decisions JUST LIKE REX. hes the offensive Rex Ryan.

So if Mariota is there at 6 we have to take him IMO and let him sit under Fitz for a year or 2 or until Fitz completely sh*ts the bed mid year one or year 2. Ship Geno to hamburger university

What are the odds that the Jets try to move up 'n grab Mariota?

Unless they fall in love with him I wouldn't put the chances of it too high.  The front office is playing it smart.  If Marcus falls to us at 6, I think he's the pick.  If he doesn't I just see them going BPA (Pass rusher or WR), drafting a project (Petty, Bridge, Grayson) in the hopes that they land lightning in a bottle and holding off until next season when the crop is much better. 

Because "Mannion" is one letter away from "Manning"?

That's the only thing I can think of ... combined with maybe the fact they didn't watch him play or they weren't sober if they did.

Archived