Jets Hosting WR Denarius Moore

AFJF

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore is exactly what we need to compliment Decker, Marshall and Kerley, all who lack premier speed. This is a no brainer and would save us using a draft pick on a WR.  Kid has excellent hands. he's not just a burner, runs crisp routes, isn't intimated by going over the middle, has ability to return punts and kickoffs.  I remember seeing highlights of the Raiders a few years back and this kid was always on the reel. His 2014 stats obviously affected by Carr's learning curve.  Al Davis would never have let this kid go at this point in his career. 

Or Chaz Schilens the year before that.

I hate these "buy low" WR's everyone is so infatuated with. 10 times out of 10 these guys absolutely blow.

I posted the same thing using different words. Your way is better!

This could also be applied to trading Milliner. Except reverse it for the team that wants him. 95/100 times a buy-low candidate blows.

i like moore on the cheap. still want a wr in rds 1-3 tho

Agreed.  Is his league-wide value so down that he would accept a 1 year deal with minimal guaranteed money?  That's really the only way I would advocate doing this prior to the draft.

sign him-he was lost in raiders garbage land-he has great skills and blazing speed which the jets dont have

now is he a lock to be a stud ofcourse not if he was he would not be around still.

Sign him and if it fails cut him that is all-we are not talking about any real money here

if it works we find gold amongst the dirt 

What need?

You don't make these types of signings pre-draft IMO.

No burners at WR...tough for defenses to match up.  I'd like the signing but not the end of the world if they pass on him.

If they can get him cheap, or a one year show me deal, which might work since he is off a down year, should be a good pick up.

Playing behind Marshall, and Decker, on certain plays, he should be able win in a 1-1 foot race against #3 DB's 

Pass.

Just draft a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round.

Unwise to use a high pick on a WR after we are pretty much set there. The draft is loaded with quality speedsters at WR. No way jose does Mac waste a 1 or 2 on a WR.   

If they can get him cheap, or a one year show me deal, which might work since he is off a down year, should be a good pick up.

Playing behind Marshall, and Decker, on certain plays, he should be able win in a 1-1 foot race against #3 DB's

He's proven to win 1-1 against #1 DB's. His main problem must be attitude as since Carr and him got into it after the game winning interception the Pats made on them, he's barely touched the field.

Not nearly the track record of production.  Like I said, cheap and proven.

Meh, its a 4th WR what type of production are you going to get?  

You have speed on the roster and you dont have to spend just to spend. 

I'd take a player with speed + production over a guy who just has the speed.  Plenty of fast guys who have never made plays on a consistent basis (or at all) in the league.  Our QB situation is bad now and for the foreseeable future.  At least try to maximize offensive output on those occasions in which the QB  hits the target IMO.

I'd take a player with speed + production over a guy who just has the speed.  Plenty of fast guys who have never made plays on a consistent basis (or at all) in the league.  Our QB situation is bad now and for the foreseeable future.  At least try to maximize offensive output on those occasions in which the QB  hits the target IMO.

Again, what level of production are you expecting from your #4 WR who is really going to be the 5th possibly 6th option?

Moore is exactly what we need to compliment Decker, Marshall and Kerley, all who lack premier speed. This is a no brainer and would save us using a draft pick on a WR.  Kid has excellent hands. he's not just a burner, runs crisp routes, isn't intimated by going over the middle, has ability to return punts and kickoffs.  I remember seeing highlights of the Raiders a few years back and this kid was always on the reel. His 2014 stats obviously affected by Carr's learning curve.  Al Davis would never have let this kid go at this point in his career. 

Really? Because everything I have read says he is downfield threat and a "speedster" aka a burner.

Again, what level of production are you expecting from your #4 WR who is really going to be the 5th possibly 6th option?

Do you really think there will be two or three WR's on the roster who will be capable of what Moore did in Oakland when given the chance?

His level of production would be nothing more than a wild guess at this point as we have no idea what type of offense Gailey will run.  We're assuming spread but that remains to be seen.  If it is a spread offense then I expect Gailey to spread it around because they'll have a number of viable targets.

If they can get Moore on the cheap and run the spread, I'll go ahead and say 45 grabs for 550ish yards and 5+ TDS while opening things up underneath for the other WR's who will benefit from his ability to keep a defense honest.

Like I said, not the end of the world if he's not signed, but I like the idea of getting a guy with his skill set who has also proven he can get it done at this level as opposed to a late round/developmental speedster.

Really? Because everything I have read says he is downfield threat and a "speedster" aka a burner.

I think you misread that...he said he's "not just a burner"....brings more to the table.

Why are you objecting to this?  The guy is only in his mid 20s and has produced on the NFL level.  He will probably wind up signing a cheap 1 year "make good" contract with us or someone else so I don't get what the big deal is.   The guy is blazing fast and would definitely stretch the field for Marshall, Decker and Kerley.   We can still draft a Stefon Diggs in the third round.   

Unwise to use a high pick on a WR after we are pretty much set there. The draft is loaded with quality speedsters at WR. No way jose does Mac waste a 1 or 2 on a WR.   

Gotta agree here. I was of that opinion prior to free agency but with the addition of Marshall, we can get a "developmental" player later in the draft and address other needs in the first and second rounds.  Only way it makes sense to go receiver is if someone like DGB is staring us in the face in the 2nd round...

Here's the deal. Is there an Amari Cooper in every draft? There usually is. If they sign Denarius I think the pick is an OLB or QB at 6. They can get a WR in the 2016 draft. 

But are u in a position to draft an Amari Cooper every year is the question.  For a teams sake, hopefully not.

It's never a waste to choose the best guy there.  Things can change so much within only  2 years in this league.  If you pass on a Kevin White and two years from now he is the next dez bryant while we have taken a guard or olb that is not panning out there is lots of regret.  Time and time again guys that have been picked when that team is strong in that area already they pan out.  If a guy as good as a Wr is there in a position of more need by all means but i am against avoiding a position because 'we have it covered'

Our own classic example, sheldon richardson.  We had no big need for a dlineman, we picked one anyway, two years later he is better than the other guys we had there.

Do you really think there will be two or three WR's on the roster who will be capable of what Moore did in Oakland when given the chance?

His level of production would be nothing more than a wild guess at this point as we have no idea what type of offense Gailey will run.  We're assuming spread but that remains to be seen.  If it is a spread offense then I expect Gailey to spread it around because they'll have a number of viable targets.

If they can get Moore on the cheap and run the spread, I'll go ahead and say 45 grabs for 550ish yards and 5+ TDS while opening things up underneath for the other WR's who will benefit from his ability to keep a defense honest.

Like I said, not the end of the world if he's not signed, but I like the idea of getting a guy with his skill set who has also proven he can get it done at this level as opposed to a late round/developmental speedster.

So just for sh*ts and giggles, I did a quick look at the pass happy teams by most attempts in the league last year.  None of them had 4th WR come close to that type of production.

And as an example, I took the best year offensively for the Bills under Gailey and checked out the production their 4#.  23, 231, 1.

This is just signing someone to sign someone.  Its just getting stupid at this point, IMO.

Marshall > Decker > Kerley > Amaro > RB's > Moore

Why are you objecting to this?  The guy is only in his mid 20s and has produced on the NFL level.  He will probably wind up signing a cheap 1 year "make good" contract with us or someone else so I don't get what the big deal is.   The guy is blazing fast and would definitely stretch the field for Marshall, Decker and Kerley.   We can still draft a Stefon Diggs in the third round.   

I'd rather them develop someone on the roster than sign some underachiever who really isnt going to contribute much.  Its signing someone to sign someone and its stupid. IMO

Archived