Jets Hosting WR Denarius Moore

AFJF

While the New York Jets are likely out of the running for any more big name free agents this offseason, that doesn’t mean they won’t be kicking the tires a a few mid or low level players.

According to Seth Walder of the New York Daily News, former Oakland Raiders wide receiver Denarius Moore and the Jets will meet on Thursday as gang green looks to add another receiver to what is already a formidable group following the addition of star receiver Brandon Marshall.

Denarius Moore to visit Jets: source. #nyj | http://nydn.us/1AGVfLw 

After three fairly productive seasons with the Raiders in which Moore totaled 130 receptions for 2,054 yards and 17 touchdowns, he saw a dropoff in both playing time and production in 2014.   The 6′ 195 lb speedster out of Tennessee was on the field for just 237 snaps last season after logging over 600 in each of the previous three years.

As a rookie with the Raiders in 2011, Moore averaged an impressive 18.7 YPC and has posted averages of 14.5 and 15.1 before last season’s paltry 9.6 YPC which is likely an aberration for a young receiver who was working with a rookie quarterback in Derek Carr.

A big play threat like Moore could help round out a Jets receiving corps that already consists of Marshall, Eric Decker and Jeremy Kerley who will all be looking for big things in Chan Gailey’s offense.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this guy fast ? I can't remember. I know he was relevant for a few weeks here and there a few years ago. Boy I wish we had Stephen Hill to stretch the field.

What happened to Moore by the way ? He fell off the map last year.

Ran a 4.45 at the combine so plenty fast.  Scouting report did say he takes a little longer than you'd like before he hits top speed.

Oakland is a horrible place to judge talent.  I fell like any player out of there who can be even remotely successful is worth looking at elsewhere.

Is this guy fast ? I can't remember. I know he was relevant for a few weeks here and there a few years ago. Boy I wish we had Stephen Hill to stretch the field.

What happened to Moore by the way ? He fell off the map last year.

WRs are supposed to catch the ball too. So no Stephen Hill please. 

this guy was a stud his rookie year catching bombs everywhere 

not sure what happened to him but worth a shot IMO

Absolutely...they can use a burner and he may be able to fill that role.

If my latest calculations are correct, and I like to think that they are, we're actually negative a lot. Probably around negative $Texas.

Give or take a few bucks.

He has some potential as a KR/PR and enough speed to really be a deep threat.  If we sign him, I hope it doesn't prevent us from going into the draft with WR as an area of concern, because this is an extremely deep class, and one where we should atleast invest a top 3 round pick on a WR for the future.  I'm also concerned about why he was phased out from Oakland, because coming out of the draft, one of Carr's best abilities was throwing the deep pass really well.  So it's concerning that a QB with a very good arm, somehow was led to stop throwing the ball deep to one of their best deep threats.   

Hopefully, we sign him as a No. 5, and can have the draft pick slot in at 4, and have Evans/Enunwa/Owusu and the crew fight it out for No. 6 spot.  

Or chaz shillings.

Career and skills wise he is much better player than both and has proven he can be a productive player on this level Problem is he can't stay healthy.. Hell tbh if they sign him I wouldn't be suprise if he ends up taking snaps away from kerley if he stays healthy .

Archived