The New Fireman Ed Thread

Maxman

Gotta give major props to Neil Glat since I was quick to publicly dump on him in the past. He is listening to the fans and that department is working VERY hard to try and fix the gameday atmosphere. The chant will live on despite people like Sar who have absolutely zero respect for the history of this franchise. I haven't missed a home game since the mid 80's - I don't sell my tickets EVER - no matter the circumstance... If somebody from my family can't go to the game, we give the ticket to a Jets fan friend or family member who will enjoy the ticket and add to the gameday atmosphere. As far as I am concerned - people like Sar have no skin in the game. He is nothing more than a casual fan with a white collar salary. Real die-hard Jets fans won't let fans like him dictate what goes on in the stadium anymore. We are taking back the stands and I am psyched that the Jets understand that and want to work with us to make that vision a reality.

After attending the unplugged event I have to say I like the guy. They are gonna make a few mistakes while trying some different things, but I think they will figure it out and try their best to bring the best game day experience they can.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhere in the beginning of your C-grade trolling efforts, you pretty much declared that it's not about Ed, it's about the Chant. 

So at least you've come full circle in chasing your tail.

Stop already.

SAR I

Got email from Jets to ticket holders survey of questions on chant and the direction I would like to see it go.

should it be kept? should diff fans do it? 1 fan do it?

lots of questions about in game experience and feel of atmosphere at game.

Obviously realize its an issue,\.

getridof_zps6u3vf80g.jpg

Received an interesting survey from the Jets today.

SAR I

I got that too and replied last night. I didn't even know we had a launch crew. I made a guess it was the people launching tshirts, and googled to verify. The jets apparently introduced them as the launch crew in one of those game day emails. Who knew?

I got that too and replied last night. I didn't even know we had a launch crew. I made a guess it was the people launching tshirts, and googled to verify. The jets apparently introduced them as the launch crew in one of those game day emails. Who knew?

Between the Unplugged event and this survey it seems the Jets are placing way, way too much importance on the "in game" experience as if that means anything to any of us.

Once you get past the play on the field, just shut the rest of it off already. Out of town scores, fine. A helmet race for the kids, fine. But the rest of this crap is useless, pointless, doesn't get us pumped up, and the constant bombardment of noise exhausts us and prevents us from cheering. The Drum Line? Useless. The "MAKE NOISE" stuff? A joke. This PA guy needs to be fired. I'm ready to fund a biplane and a billboard.

Jets have to get their heads on straight.

SAR I

Has the battle between good and evil been settled yet?

I think so.

On opening day Fireman Ed will show up and the non-PSL old timers will show up and continue to do so as long as the Macca Jets are competitive.  The minute things go bad, Ed will fabricate another incident (gypsies harvested my organs) and the non-PSL old timers will stay home (PSL's ruined everything) and things will settle back to where they were two years ago when the loyal fans watched the games in the stadium and the opportunists stayed home and complained on the internet.

SAR I

Between the Unplugged event and this survey it seems the Jets are placing way, way too much importance on the "in game" experience as if that means anything to any of us.

Once you get past the play on the field, just shut the rest of it off already. Out of town scores, fine. A helmet race for the kids, fine. But the rest of this crap is useless, pointless, doesn't get us pumped up, and the constant bombardment of noise exhausts us and prevents us from cheering. The Drum Line? Useless. The "MAKE NOISE" stuff? A joke. This PA guy needs to be fired. I'm ready to fund a biplane and a billboard.

SAR I

The only "in game" experience that should matter is what happens on the field. If the Jets win consistently, the "in game " experience will be great. By the way, if you need something else to entertain you at a game, you probably should think of doing something else during the season.

SAR I

I could do without the helmet race.

I think so.

On opening day Fireman Ed will show up and the non-PSL old timers will show up and continue to do so as long as the Macca Jets are competitive. The minute things go bad, Ed will fabricate another incident (gypsies harvested my organs) and the non-PSL old timers will stay home (PSL's ruined everything) and things will settle back to where they were two years ago when the loyal fans watched the games in the stadium and the opportunists stayed home and complained on the internet.

SAR I

I see evil is still being persistent.

The only "in game" experience that should matter is what happens on the field. If the Jets win consistently, the "in game " experience will be great. By the way, if you need something else to entertain you at a game, you probably should think of doing something else during the season.

I'll tell you what else, the Jets are completely misreading the typical season ticket holder.

We go to games as an alternative to a sports bar or our own living rooms and they go out of their way to recreate that each Sunday.  The parking lot situation is a sports bar, the in-stadium situation is a living room.  We go to games to get away from smokers and urinaters and over-eaters.  We go to games to get away from fantasy scores, highlights, and commercials.  Yet here are the Jets, encouraging the sports bar run amok in the parking lots and forcing the living room TV experience in the seating bowl.

Live games are for fans of the team to put their concentration on the team, not this other stuff.

SAR I

Two words which I'm sure you have heard many, many times.

No, because I contribute more than stalking and critiquing other posters.

You used to be my biggest fan on JI, now that I'm here I can see that your act is to attempt to be SAR 2005 and it's not working, you don't have it in you.  Find another schtick.

SAR I

What kind of Jets fans attack another Jets fan especially the guy who leads our chant. Ed was quoted as saying he was harassed on Thanksgiving night come on Ed you should have kicked their asses.

Agreed. Alcohol had to be involved, because what sane thinking human would want to kick another's ass when they root for the same team and the guy leads the teams chant? Makes no sense.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Winning record every season helps.

I have a friend who's a GB fan.

Said they have had a HOF QB behind center every year for the last 23 years (since 1992).

We don't know what that is like.

Agreed. Winning helps a lot. I wasn't at the game, but I remember watching the 2002 finale vs GB on TV when we clinched the division and it was really loud. Same the following week for the Colts 41-0 playoff win.

On a side note.....can you imagine having a Hall of Fame QB behind center for the Jets, how awesome that would be? Colts and Packers fans are extremely lucky, having them back to back, spanning over 20 years total.

SAR I

Again, you are in the minority. Everyone I have spoken to seems to appreciate that the Jets are committed to hearing from their fans.

I think so.

On opening day Fireman Ed will show up and the non-PSL old timers will show up and continue to do so as long as the Macca Jets are competitive.  The minute things go bad, Ed will fabricate another incident (gypsies harvested my organs) and the non-PSL old timers will stay home (PSL's ruined everything) and things will settle back to where they were two years ago when the loyal fans watched the games in the stadium and the opportunists stayed home and complained on the internet.

SAR I

Your act is old and annoying.

I bolded that part for the irony as you missed 8 games last season.

I'll tell you what else, the Jets are completely misreading the typical season ticket holder.

We go to games as an alternative to a sports bar or our own living rooms and they go out of their way to recreate that each Sunday. The parking lot situation is a sports bar, the in-stadium situation is a living room. We go to games to get away from smokers and urinaters and over-eaters. We go to games to get away from fantasy scores, highlights, and commercials. Yet here are the Jets, encouraging the sports bar run amok in the parking lots and forcing the living room TV experience in the seating bowl.

SAR I

Christ... You are so out of touch with reality.

Agreed. Alcohol had to be involved, because what sane thinking human would want to kick another's ass when they root for the same team and the guy leads the teams chant? Makes no sense.

When there are fans in my section around me rooting loudly for the other team. I always wait for the 1st Jet on Jet fight, usually doesn't take too long, lol.

Then I say oh wow that is what Jets fans do to each other. Wait until they got a hold of a {insert opposing team name here} fan.

That usually quiets them down. :)

Your act is old and annoying.

I bolded that part for the irony as you missed 8 games last season.

You throw rose pedals at the feet of Fire Idzik guy for his actions, you should do the same for mine.

I went on strike last year.  Would not invest another minute of my time watching a Rex Ryan production.

SAR I

You throw rose pedals at the feet of Fire Idzik guy for his actions, you should do the same for mine.

I went on strike last year.  Would not invest another minute of my time watching a Rex Ryan production.

SAR I

What's the difference between going on strike, not watching another Rex Ryan production and "quitting" as you accused Fireman Ed of doing?

Christ... You are so out of touch with reality.

No, sir, that would be you and the 1/10000th of the fanbase that bothered to visit your highly publicized petition.

I was a season ticket holder in Giants Stadium, I am a season ticket holder in MetLife Stadium, the two groups of fans are different and the culture has changed markedly.  If we wanted to watch the game in a sports bar, we would.  If we wanted to watch the game in our living rooms, we would.  We go to the games to watch the game, not to get drunk in a parking lot or screamed at by commercials over the PA.  There's a reason a tailgate free parking zone and a quieted in-game A/V presentation are part of the unplugged events and fan polls.  Jets fans bubble those things up.  It's not 1980 any more.  Tickets aren't $13 any more.  Different people are in the stands and we want to be treated properly.  We don't surround ourselves with blue collar types in our real lives and we don't wanted to be treated like them at games either.  The Jets are figuring this out.  Their marketing strategy is geared towards an old stereotype.  It's the same reason Fireman Ed is ineffective; we don't relate to his kind.

SAR I

What's the difference between going on strike, not watching another Rex Ryan production and "quitting" as you accused Fireman Ed of doing?

I don't dress up in a Jets mascot costume and beg the cameras to treat me like the face of the fanbase on live TV.  With great exposure comes great responsibility.

SAR I

Again, you are in the minority. Everyone I have spoken to seems to appreciate that the Jets are committed to hearing from their fans.

They're hearing from the wrong fans then.  It looks like gradually that's changing.

I sit in a PSL section.  I am not surrounded by the types I sat with at Giants Stadium who used attending live Jets games as an excuse to get away from the wife, get drunk, and act like a junior high school student for five hours.  I sit next to people who are there with their families and want to watch the game, just watch the Jets without an overload of outside influence.  Watching the games at home is far better for someone who wants to be plugged in and distracted.  We go to the games to get away from it all, just focus on the two things that are important.  The Jets and family.

SAR I

No no, you just do it on the Internet. Much more classy.

You are 70 years old and have a strange way of getting your jollies.  My mom spends her time with her grandchildren, somehow it seems more rewarding.

Please throw your SAR 2005 impersonation on someone else.  That Integrity guy needs a friend.  Try that.

SAR I

SAR I

How have I praised the Fire Idzik guys? Please educate me.

They're hearing from the wrong fans then.  It looks like gradually that's changing.

I sit in a PSL section.  I am not surrounded by the types I sat with at Giants Stadium who used attending live Jets games as an excuse to get away from the wife, get drunk, and act like a junior high school student for five hours.  I sit next to people who are there with their families and want to watch the game, just watch the Jets without an overload of outside influence.  Watching the games at home is far better for someone who wants to be plugged in and distracted.  We go to the games to get away from it all, just focus on the two things that are important.  The Jets and family.

SAR I

Here is the ironic part. I don't drink alcohol. Ever. I go to the games with my son.

Yet you are touting family values and there are pictures of you in the Gate D spirals.  Ironic.

Archived