The New Fireman Ed Thread

Maxman

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work in the world of the .1%ers (as a blue collar worker)

truly wealthy people don't drive their own cars.  what sar is describing isn't wealth its upper middle class.  trust me on this, some of my clients are dick fuld, david williams, john thain, steven cohen, etc etc etc

Being the guy who can't get over being bullied in high school seems to play some part as well. Exactly where I'm not sure, but there is definitely a degree of pickle f-cker happening here.

So anyway I am glad that the Jets want to return this chant to the fans. Let's get back on topic here.  The chant is going to be great on opening day with that packed crowd, tailgating friendly lots because the Jets listen and hopefully we see an opening day win.

I will be there for sure. My kids don't have t-ball or soccer that day. Should be cool.

So anyway I am glad that the Jets want to return this chant to the fans. Let's get back on topic here.  The chant is going to be great on opening day with that packed crowd, tailgating friendly lots because the Jets listen and hopefully we see an opening day win.

I will be there for sure. My kids don't have t-ball or soccer that day. Should be cool.

+1

Can't wait for opening day, I'll be there with my sons.  Is there an official JN tailgate we can attend? 

SAR I

I'm not here to entertain you.  I am here to entertain me.

SAR I

Well, that explains why, after all these years, that a girl lifting her shirt in the spirals at Shea is the hardest you've ever laughed.

Soon as the schedule comes out we will have info and menu up for the home opener game party. You are welcome to join us. Max is easy to pick out, the short irish guy always cutting the food line.

He's not the only short irish guy who's gonna' be cutting the food line.

Just for clarifications sake:

Will there be loud music, meatball heroes, Schlitz beer, some curse words within earshot and an occasional patron p*ssing on a BMW?

If so, count me in!

Ha.. If this is the scene and Sar is there, Im bringing Ed over for a quick j-e-t-s chant. I'll even bring topless girls and a bottle of Captain Morgan if it makes him feel more comfortable.

+1

Can't wait for opening day, I'll be there with my sons.  Is there an official JN tailgate we can attend? 

SAR I

I hang out at Tailgate Joe's each week. It is a good time. Check it out:  http://tailgatejoe.com

I would love to catch up on opening day. We can talk about reinstating your account, lol.

I hang out at Tailgate Joe's each week. It is a good time. Check it out:  http://tailgatejoe.com

I would love to catch up on opening day. We can talk about reinstating your account, lol.

I'll be there.

Please confirm there is no cursing, no burping, no farting, and no urinating though.  Are khaki's appropriate attire?

SAR I

had some glorious BBQ today in a sun drenched park

bring on tailgating !!!! 

I am with you. I was speaking with Tailgate Joe last week and he was talking about what he was going to cook on opening day.

Anyone that plans meals out for me, months in advance, is alright in my book lol.

Your kids play Tball and soccer???? You one percenters are all alike. :)

• 1 month later...

Dude, let the thread die!

Someone had asked me about this thread so I searched for it. I thought a bump was in order. It is slow right now until training camp. This is the perfect thing to talk about. :)

I'm pulling for Ed to make a successful return with no SAR I dooshies ruining it with boos. I really like his intensity during the chant and, so far, no one has been able to duplicate getting the whole stadium behind the chant.

One caveat...IN MY OPINION, he HAS to stay and cheer the team no matter what...there CANNOT be another hissy fit and storming out of the stadium. All fans, NOT named Fireman Ed, are allowed to have a hissy fit and storm out of the stadium in a fit of anger. He has an obligation to stay, IMO.

I'm pulling for Ed to make a successful return with no SAR I dooshies ruining it with boos. I really like his intensity during the chant and, so far, no one has been able to duplicate getting the whole stadium behind the chant.

One caveat...IN MY OPINION, he HAS to stay and cheer the team no matter what...there CANNOT be another hissy fit and storming out of the stadium. All fans, NOT named Fireman Ed, are allowed to have a hissy fit and storm out of the stadium in a fit of anger. He has an obligation to stay, IMO.

I am rooting for Ed as well. He did tell me that he is only looking to do this for a game or so and wanted to hand it off to someone.

His intentions seemed really pure when I spoke to him. He mentioned how he just wants the chant to live on. Pretty cool imo.

Someone had asked me about this thread so I searched for it. I thought a bump was in order. It is slow right now until training camp. This is the perfect thing to talk about. :)

Can you explain why you wanted this bumped again?

Im just curious.

I'm pulling for Ed to make a successful return with no SAR I dooshies ruining it with boos.

No one will boo Ed.  But he will be disregarded.  That's worse.  And that's the reason he quit.

Jets fans have enough "asks" at a game, don't need one more.  Attending a Jets game is a lot like email spam.  "Get LOUD!"  "Cheer for Lieutenant Dan just back from Iraq!"  "It's the Tee Boy!"  "It's the Kumo Red Zone!"  "Scream for a T-Shirt toss!"  "Cheer for out of town scores!"  "Cheer for the defense!"  "Let's hear it for the NY Fire Department!"  "It's Pee Wee Football halftime!  Two games at once!"  "Cheer for Celebrity A!"  "Cheer for Celebrity B!"  "Let's hear it for the Modell's fan of the game upgrade!"   "Stand and give an ovation to PFC Marion Cunningham, just back from Iraq!"  "[PC Richards Whistle here]"  "Get LOUD!"

We don't have the bandwidth for the chant any more.  And, let's face it, it never did anything anyway. The Mets Rally Cap's were more effective.

SAR I

Sar - if you saw how well he was received by both the players and fans at Mo Wilkerson's bowling event you would realize what a false reality you live in... i have video of it if you care to see...

I've seen video of it and to be honest it looked cheesy.  I met the guy twice, sat directly behind him one game as well.  It's such a procedural manufactured robotic thing now that it has lost all of its luster.  He gets queued when to do it.  He has 2 security guys by him during the games.  Everything about it is just so disingenuous at this point, especially after he quit.  Back in the old stadium for a while it was an entirely organic thing.  He did it when he wanted, you would only know it was coming by the roar of the crowd from his section's direction building up.  So much so that sometimes he would do it in the wrong spots like when we had the ball, but it was still organic and it belonged to the fans.  Once the new stadium came around the team worked with him on when to do it and would queue him up at all times.  God I heard him grunting one time when the guy gave him the queue like he was getting tired of it.  At that point it had completely lost its charm and honestly felt no better than the "Get Loud" signs that go up. 

At this point he reminds me of Mickey Rourke from "The Wrestler".  An old washed up caricature of himself. 

Sar - if you saw how well he was received by both the players and fans at Mo Wilkerson's bowling event you would realize what a false reality you live in... i have video of it if you care to see...

Here is our video of Ed doing the chant at the WFAN party last season.

Archived