The New Fireman Ed Thread

Maxman

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how much time and effort this sar guy spent carefully crafting his internet persona

just to see it disappear in a flash with one pic

cautionary tale my brothers

Something that never truly materializes in the first place, can't disappear. What I mean is, as much work as he puts into it, I've only seen a fraction of 1% of posters across multiple boards over a 10 year span actually read him as something other than a transparent and floundering troll. 

The cautionary tale is that if you're going to devote this much time to something, be good at it. He spends all his time pissing into the wind.

My family annually gives to charity for causes that we deem worthy. We don't ask to be "embraced". Nor do we publicize what we give.

Maybe you are not being knocked for the good you are doing, but your promotional ways.

i am only being "knocked" by one person here who doesnt even believe the stuff he writes - he just enjoys the controversy he creates... That is why I always take the high road with him. He is amusing.

I am not asking to be embraced... That has happened naturally because 95% of Jets fans respect what we have accomplished. We look forward to continuing our efforts.

How about embracing what we have accomplished rather than knock it. As I have said all along, any time somebody sticks their neck our and does something positive and productive, there will always be jealous haters who try to knock them. I am not mad at you for being a member of that group. Comes with the territory.

It's always "jealous haters" when it comes to Fireman Ed, and now we're supposed to apply that tag to you?  Figures.  A little media celebrity goes right to both your heads.  Two peas in a pod. 

SAR I

Maybe you are not being knocked for the good you are doing, but your promotional ways.

"The Jets signed a few big name free agents!  Hurry!  Cue the podcast!  Call Fireman Ed!  Buy a domain!  Start a petition!  Write some Tweets!  How about a tailgate!  Banner ads are there for the taking!  We can go public!"

Good thing Jets fans are notoriously cheap; they otherwise might actually fall for this stuff as having sincere intentions.

SAR I

"The Jets signed a few big name free agents! Hurry! Cue the podcast! Call Fireman Ed! Buy a domain! Start a petition! Write some Tweets! How about a tailgate! Banner ads are there for the taking! We can go public!"

Good thing Jets fans are notoriously cheap; they otherwise might actually fall for this stuff as having sincere intentions.

SAR I

does this mean you aren't bringing the steaks to the opener?

Back on topic here...

The Jets really seem to be understanding that the chant belongs to the fans. I am very encouraged by this. I spoke with Ed about this exact thing a few weeks ago, and the most important thing to him was that that chant lived on. I believe that is what is going to happen. Which is a good thing.

Back on topic here...

The Jets really seem to be understanding that the chant belongs to the fans. I am very encouraged by this. I spoke with Ed about this exact thing a few weeks ago, and the most important thing to him was that that chant lived on. I believe that is what is going to happen. Which is a good thing.

The chant doesn't matter to the fans, it was all about Fireman Ed and how he represented a large segment of season ticket holders as hard working, blue-collar, tough, and resilient.

Well, things changed.  PSL's brought white-collar fans in and Fireman Ed proved he is not resilient to losing seasons and isn't tough as he got intimidated in a bathroom and called it quits.

It's clever of Ed to understand this and try to twist the narrative into "it's not about me its about the chant" as a backdoor way to get back into the Jets fans hearts.  He certainly knows how to play the media like a fiddle after all these years.  But in the end, the audience has changed.  MetLife isn't filled with Fireman Ed types any more, they all quit for their HDTV's and their pretzels.  And those remaining who used to respect Fireman Ed simply can't any more because he walked out when we needed him the most, proved he is the opposite of all that he once represented.

And that is why Ed won't come back and that is why the chant is dead.

SAR I

does this mean you aren't bringing the steaks to the opener?

image.JPG

No, no no.  I still owe you one for the work you did on the Idzik front and I'm no welcher.  I'm still just disappointed that you are going down this way, needlessly sucked into the Firefraud vortex.  I loved your work last year.

Because of this Ed distraction, you missed the boat on the Mets opportunity.  Like I said, with all the lousy owners and GM's and the abundance of teams in this town, you could have jumped from team to team for the next 20 years and run a successful business.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ya-gotta-leave-billboard-posted-outside-citi-field-by-some-mets-fans-1.10255405

SAR I

The chant doesn't matter to the fans, it was all about Fireman Ed and how he represented a large segment of season ticket holders as hard working, blue-collar, tough, and resilient.

Well, things changed.  PSL's brought white-collar fans in and Fireman Ed proved he is not resilient to losing seasons and isn't tough as he got intimidated in a bathroom and called it quits.

It's clever of Ed to understand this and try to twist the narrative into "it's not about me its about the chant" as a backdoor way to get back into the Jets fans hearts.  He certainly knows how to play the media like a fiddle after all these years.  But in the end, the audience has changed.  MetLife isn't filled with Fireman Ed types any more, they all quit for their HDTV's and their pretzels.  And those remaining who used to respect Fireman Ed simply can't any more because he walked out when we needed him the most, proved he is the opposite of all that he once represented.

SAR I

You have stated this several times. I disagree. A ton of people I have spoken with disagree. Everyone at the Jets unplugged event last night seemed to disagree that the chant is dead.  The consensus seems to be that the chant belongs in the hands of the fans.

You can type the same thing over and over, it doesn't make any of it true.

SAR I

I don't understand why you sound so confident but won't bet me... I don't want to make a monitary bet... Let's keep it friendly... IF Fireman Ed is back on opening day leading the chant, you have to wear a Sanchez jersey and a Fireman hat to the games the entire season.... You name what I have to do if he isn't back...

I don't understand why you sound so confident but won't bet me... I don't want to make a monitary bet... Let's keep it friendly... IF Fireman Ed is back on opening day leading the chant, you have to wear a Sanchez jersey and a Fireman hat to the games the entire season.... You name what I have to do if he isn't back...

That is a silly bet. He doesn't go to all the games, he sells his tickets often.  You might want to clarify things a little more.

You have to wear a Fireman hat and Sanchez jersey to the next 8 home games that you attend.

Something like that just to be safe.

Come now, I fully expect Media Ed to be there to attempt to get some notoriety back, it's all part of his plan and something I'm sure you're aware of. The tailgate, the plane banner, Carton spanking a pig, the podcast, the Tweets, I know how you two think. Bunch of happy drunks on a sunny opening day with the Jets in first place, might even get some of the season ticket holders who quit when Ed did back in the fold.  That's not the test of the chant.

The real test will be if the Jets have a losing record again or are mired in mediocrity, say, Week 8.  If or when that happens, bet is on, we'll agree to terms at that time.  Last time the Jets were losing, Ed quit and the chant died.  No question it happens again.  Happy drunks chant at anything. 

SAR I

That is a silly bet. He doesn't go to all the games, he sells his tickets often.  You might want to clarify things a little more.

Time out.

From 1982 to 2001 I was frozen out of season tickets by old timers, averaged 4 games a year from scalpers.

From 2001 to 2009 I lived in New Hampshire as a STH and averaged 5 games a year driving 10 hours round trip.

From 2009 to 2013 I lived in New Jersey as a PSL holder and averaged 6 games a year.

In 2014 I went on strike as I hated Rex Ryan and John Idzik, went to 2 games.

Just setting the record straight.

SAR I

Time out.

From 1982 to 2001 I was frozen out of season tickets by old timers, averaged 4 games a year from scalpers.

From 2001 to 2009 I lived in New Hampshire as a STH and averaged 5 games a year driving 10 hours round trip.

From 2009 to 2013 I lived in New Jersey as a PSL holder and averaged 6 games a year.

In 2014 I went on strike as I hated Rex Ryan and John Idzik, went to 2 games.

Just setting the record straight.

SAR I

That is exactly what I said. You miss a lot of games and when you do you sell your tickets to opposing fans.

It would be cool if you listed them in our ticket forum, at least then Jets fans could buy them when you miss. Which seems to be a lot.

Is that what you learned when you were chanting in the Gate D spirals all those years?  lol....

No.

No alcohol needed for naked girls.  And it was only 1 year, only 2 or 3 games in fact.  By the time I found out and started to check it out the damn story broke in the Post and the feds shut it down the following week.  Still never laughed as hard in all my life.  Like something from Dante's Inferno.

SAR I

getridof_zps6u3vf80g.jpg

Received an interesting survey from the Jets today.

SAR I

Yes despite what you say, the fans will vote in overwhelming favor to keep the chant.

The chant will live on, this is a good thing.

Yes despite what you say, the fans will vote in overwhelming favor to keep the chant.

The chant will live on, this is a good thing.

The Chant, like The Wave, is a quaint throwback that no longer matters.  And fan generated schtick in an era where 30%+ of attendees at games are fans of the opposition no longer register, don't hit volume or participation levels that matter.  Whether its there or not on opening day is immaterial; helmet races and mascots are just part of the background noise, at least the PC Richards whistle has the benefit of being quick.

And it's not about the Chant.  It's about Ed.  And that ship has sailed.

SAR I

Gotta give major props to Neil Glat since I was quick to publicly dump on him in the past. He is listening to the fans and that department is working VERY hard to try and fix the gameday atmosphere. The chant will live on despite people like Sar who have absolutely zero respect for the history of this franchise. I haven't missed a home game since the mid 80's - I don't sell my tickets EVER - no matter the circumstance... If somebody from my family can't go to the game, we give the ticket to a Jets fan friend or family member who will enjoy the ticket and add to the gameday atmosphere. As far as I am concerned - people like Sar have no skin in the game. He is nothing more than a casual fan with a white collar salary. Real die-hard Jets fans won't let fans like him dictate what goes on in the stadium anymore. We are taking back the stands and I am psyched that the Jets understand that and want to work with us to make that vision a reality.

That is exactly what I said. You miss a lot of games and when you do you sell your tickets to opposing fans.

It would be cool if you listed them in our ticket forum, at least then Jets fans could buy them when you miss. Which seems to be a lot.

I'd bet there's a long line of members who'd like to buy tickets from SAR.

The Chant, like The Wave, is a quaint throwback that no longer matters.  And fan generated schtick in an era where 30%+ of attendees at games are fans of the opposition no longer register, don't hit volume or participation levels that matter.  Whether its there or not on opening day is immaterial; helmet races and mascots are just part of the background noise, at least the PC Richards whistle has the benefit of being quick.

And it's not about the Chant.  It's about Ed.  And that ship has sailed.

SAR I

Somewhere in the beginning of your C-grade trolling efforts, you pretty much declared that it's not about Ed, it's about the Chant. 

So at least you've come full circle in chasing your tail.

Gotta give major props to Neil Glat since I was quick to publicly dump on him in the past. He is listening to the fans and that department is working VERY hard to try and fix the gameday atmosphere. The chant will live on despite people like Sar who have absolutely zero respect for the history of this franchise. I haven't missed a home game since the mid 80's - I don't sell my tickets EVER - no matter the circumstance... If somebody from my family can't go to the game, we give the ticket to a Jets fan friend or family member who will enjoy the ticket and add to the gameday atmosphere. As far as I am concerned - people like Sar have no skin in the game. He is nothing more than a casual fan with a white collar salary. Real die-hard Jets fans won't let fans like him dictate what goes on in the stadium anymore. We are taking back the stands and I am psyched that the Jets understand that and want to work with us to make that vision a reality.

I agree. I know we have chatted about this, but I like Neil a lot, I have been very impressed by him. Damn you for putting him on that towel, Rex belonged in that spot LOL.

Seriously -- they are taking fan feedback seriously. They really seem focused on improving things. And they do realize that the product on the field is the # 1 factor in most of these issues.

I agree. I know we have chatted about this, but I like Neil a lot, I have been very impressed by him. Damn you for putting him on that towel, Rex belonged in that spot LOL.

Seriously -- they are taking fan feedback seriously. They really seem focused on improving things. And they do realize that the product on the field is the # 1 factor in most of these issues.

Ha.. We figured that Rex was out the door regardless... That is the only reason why his name was never included in anything we did... We were definitely not Rex supporters.

As for Glat - I am fine with having him on those towels because MAYBE we helped at least bring some attention to some of the things going on inside the stadium that we wanted to see fixed (the chant - the drum line, etc) and now that I see how proactive they are being with trying to fix things, I am beyond impressed... MAYBE I was wrong about Glat... Part of being a man is admitting when you are wrong and giving credit where it is due.

Why don't we try and get Fireman Ed to do a S-A-R SAR SAR SAR chant his first game back

Oh I spoke to Fireman Ed about Sar. I am not sure a Sar chant is in the works though LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived