Good For Amaro

KRL

It was biggest issue for Rex and most of us knew it.. He wanted to be a buddy to his players, not a coach..

And kids take advantage of crap when allowed.. You ever see Rex lay into a player for mistake or dumb penalty that cost team?

Thank God accountability is back!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 things.

I don't have to tell anyone my CBs is a problem, all I gotta do is start a SS at CB and everyone will get it.

Why on earth would I enter a Geo Metro in a NASCAR race and hope to win ?

Where were the CB's? I will say it again, the Jets were a 7-9 team with average QB play with their horrendous secondary.

JI drafts Pryor to play FS when he was a SS. Let's blame that on Rex too...

Mangini did a great job in Cleveland too.

Ya got to love it..LOL So Mangini gets the credit for the 2 AFCCG runs?? Meanwhile the QB's Mangini had was Chad and Farve but Rex had Buttfumbler the magnificent.. And of course Mangini took his expertise to the Browns where he had 2 disciplined 5-11 seasons and was canned.. 

I didn't say Mangini gets credit for those runs. I forgot who but someone mentioned the two afc champ runs and brought up accountability. I merely stated that the accountability was what was left over from the previous regime. Accountability does not equal wins it is merely a component of wins, one that apparently at least one player on the team said was lacking.

People will continue to defend Rex and bypass his failings, BUT there have been

three players that have criticized his practices: 

Davis

Mangold

Decker

And a rookie that has criticized his accountability.  Enough said

It was biggest issue for Rex and most of us knew it.. He wanted to be a buddy to his players, not a coach..

And kids take advantage of crap when allowed.. You ever see Rex lay into a player for mistake or dumb penalty that cost team?

Thank God accountability is back !!!!!!!!!

How much accountability did Mangini have with Favre texting pic's of his dick to Jen Sterger?? How was he punished again I forgot??

People will continue to defend Rex and bypass his failings, BUT there have been

three players that have criticized his practices: 

Davis

Mangold

Decker

And a rookie that has criticized his accountability.  Enough said

Do you think players have ever criticized Parcells after he left?? I have no problem with people hating Rex why do you have a problem with people that don't hate him??

Do you think players have ever criticized Parcells after he left?? I have no problem with people hating Rex why do you have a problem with people that don't hate him??

agree, I just know what I saw and Rex was like his Dad,, wanted ot be a pla to players and that can get old and backfire, accountability wise. It usually has a shelf life..

People jumping on this "Trash Rex" bandwagon better remember that it's highly unlikely Bowles makes it as far as Rex did.

And LOL at some of you trying to write those 2 championships off as no big deal.   He did it in an era where you don't go far in the playoffs without the high end QB.  Rex did it with Sanchez of all people.  He basically deserves an award for that.

This business is all about results and it's very likely that Bowles doesn't get to where Rex was.

Hoping like hell Bowles does make it that far though... And Amaro should keep quiet about the comparisons because Amaro had plenty of things he wasn't doing well last season.

People jumping on this "Trash Rex" bandwagon better remember that it's highly unlikely Bowles makes it as far as Rex did.

And LOL at some of you trying to write those 2 championships off as no big deal.   He did it in an era where you don't go far in the playoffs without the high end QB.  Rex did it with Sanchez of all people.  He basically deserves an award for that.

This business is all about results and it's very likely that Bowles doesn't get to where Rex was.

Hoping like hell Bowles does make it that far though... And Amaro should keep quiet about the comparisons because Amaro had plenty of things he wasn't doing well last season.

I think Jets were in free fall after years of 'good hard working guys' got sick of seeing no shows at mtgs/practices, lazy play, mistakes etc go un-punished. IMHO anyways

I like Bowles and if he gets a decent QB he may be the one that gets the team to win a Lombardi so the one we have won't be so lonely.. :winking0001:

When you are winning, everything is great.  Rex got a lot of credit for getting the team to back to back championship games but lets not forget that the first season was a gift from the Colts who rested their starters that last game of the year.   Rex has a lot of passion and confidence but he let players cross the line too much and neglected to learn more about what the offense was doing.  I don't want to jump on a trash rex band wagon because he did do some good things here but a guy like Bowles sounds more like an NFL coach.

When you are winning, everything is great.  Rex got a lot of credit for getting the team to back to back championship games but lets not forget that the first season was a gift from the Colts who rested their starters that last game of the year.   Rex has a lot of passion and confidence but he let players cross the line too much and neglected to learn more about what the offense was doing.  I don't want to jump on a trash rex band wagon because he did do some good things here but a guy like Bowles sounds more like an NFL coach.

+1 I like when he said; I'm not a DC anymore I'm responsible for the whole team now.. :winking0001:

What "championships"?  Do you mean losing a pair of AFCCG's?  Playing and losing in those games are not "championships".   Rex did not win any championships while HC of the NY Jets, unless you are talking about his treasured Snoopy Bowl.  To the best of my knowledge, these were the only "championships" Rex won as a HC for the Jets.

the_shutdown_corner_interview_jim_leonha

What "championships"?  Do you mean losing a pair of AFCCG's?  Playing and losing in those games are not "championships".   Rex did not win any championships while HC of the NY Jets, unless you are talking about his treasured Snoopy Bowl.  To the best of my knowledge, these were the only "championships" Rex won as a HC for the Jets.

the_shutdown_corner_interview_jim_leonha

What HC did more for the Jets IYO??

Agreed, Rex should have been fired when Idzik was hired.

Rex basically inherited those teams and had nothing to do with the offense, if you want to give credit for the QB then give it to the ocs who had to put up with sanchez.

If it was all about results Rex would have walked the plank two years earlier.  And hey, guess what in the AFC titles games which side of the ball fell flat on their ass?  Yeah the Defense.

Glad Amaro actually spoke the truth, Club Rex and his days of touting lousy players or new players as hall of famers seems to be over.

Other than Weeb?  I liked Michaels until he went bat-sh!t crazy.  I also liked Parcells, who I believe did way more than Rex.  For all of Parcelles faults, he actually made the team better. But none other than Weeb got us to a championship.  Parcells and Rex came close, but the post I responded to basically implies that Rex got us two championships.  So Rex apologists have now mentally converted a pair of AFCCG losses into "championships".  Most Rex apologists are blind as a bat when it comes to him, but this one takes the cake.

Mangini handed Rex a stellar defense, oline and running game and a very disciplined team which he rode to the title games, even in those years that team was good enough to actually win the division but fell flat in key games. 

Rex picked the perfect job for himself, a virtual clone of what the jets were when he joined them.  A talent laden defense, a disciplined team a new RB to ride all year.  I would have loved it if he had gotten the Bears or Atlanta job and actually had to coach a defense with crap talent throughout.

Other than Weeb?  I liked Michaels until he went bat-sh!t crazy.  I also liked Parcells, who I believe did way more than Rex.  For all of Parcelles faults, he actually made the team better. But none other than Weeb got us to a championship.  Parcells and Rex came close, but the post I responded to basically implies that Rex got us two championships.  So Rex apologists have now mentally converted a pair of AFCCG losses as "championships".  Most Rex apologists are blind as a bat when it comes to him, but this takes the cake.

And if Rex had Favre come back in 2009 or the Vinny that the Tuna had in 1998 who knows what would have happened?? I do know this when Vinny went down first game in 1999 the Jets started the season 1-6.. I liked Walt also I thought he got a bad deal from Hess but he did have a bit of a booze problem..

He's 0 for 0 as a Head Coach to-date.

And?

The point is people shouldn't be leaping on this idea that we are under better direction now when we have no idea if we are or not.  Rex was probably the most successful coach this franchise had outside of Weeb.  2 AFC championship games is pretty impressive when he took down guys like Peyton and Brady in getting those.  

If Bowles can pull that off, I'll be surprised.   I'm hopeful as hell, but let's not lose the big picture here.  He probably won't.

Mangini handed Rex a stellar defense, oline and running game and a very disciplined team which he rode to the title games, even in those years that team was good enough to actually win the division but fell flat in key games. 

Rex picked the perfect job for himself, a virtual clone of what the jets were when he joined them.  A talent laden defense, a disciplined team a new RB to ride all year.  I would have loved it if he had gotten the Bears or Atlanta job and actually had to coach a defense with crap talent throughout.

No he did not... The stats change from Mangini to Rex was pretty significant.  Rex got the most out of everyone.

I'm rooting hard for Bowles, but let's not act like Rex was some piece of trash because the results say otherwise.

No he did not... The stats change from Mangini to Rex was pretty significant.  Rex got the most out of everyone.

I'm rooting hard for Bowles, but let's not act like Rex was some piece of trash because the results say otherwise.

It seems Sparano got more out of Chad then Mangini ever did 11-5 in 2008 and with Brady hurt won the East..LOL

Other than Weeb?  I liked Michaels until he went bat-sh!t crazy.  I also liked Parcells, who I believe did way more than Rex.  For all of Parcelles faults, he actually made the team better. But none other than Weeb got us to a championship.  Parcells and Rex came close, but the post I responded to basically implies that Rex got us two championships.  So Rex apologists have now mentally converted a pair of AFCCG losses into "championships".  Most Rex apologists are blind as a bat when it comes to him, but this one takes the cake.

It's beyond stupid and childish to throw labels on people...   People defend Rex's accomplishments so they are apologists?

In regards to championships versus championship games, I truly hope you understood what my point was.  Clearly misspoke.  

Keep trying to minimize what Rex did though because you'll probably live another 20 years before another Jets coach has as much success.  You don't win without a QB in this era and getting a QB is like hitting the lottery.

The point is people shouldn't be leaping on this idea that we are under better direction now when we have no idea if we are or not.  Rex was probably the most successful coach this franchise had outside of Weeb.  2 AFC championship games is pretty impressive when he took down guys like Peyton and Brady in getting those.  

If Bowles can pull that off, I'll be surprised.   I'm hopeful as hell, but let's not lose the big picture here.  He probably won't.

Please..REX is below 500 as a coach.  Next you'll tell us about how great Chad was in 2002. 

It's beyond stupid and childish to throw labels on people...   People defend Rex's accomplishments so they are apologists?

In regards to championships versus championship games, I truly hope you understood what my point was.  Clearly misspoke.  

Keep trying to minimize what Rex did though because you'll probably live another 20 years before another Jets coach has as much success.  You don't win without a QB in this era and getting a QB is like hitting the lottery.

The basic theme with the Rex hater group is if you liked Rex at all your a idiot.. He wasn't a complete HC but he brought some fun for a couple of years I know I enjoyed it.. I wish he was more like Bowles who said he's responsible for the WHOLE team now something Rex didn't seem to realize..

It's amazing when coaches go the same company line so many posters have...

They sucked.  it's like when you move on from a girlfriend.

Towards the end of Herm's tenure, he sucked and the players didn't play hard.  Team wasn't smart enough and lacked accountability.

Mangini comes and people are thrilled with his strict ways and he instilled a ton of accountability.  Towards the end, people want him gone because he's too strict and he sucked the life out of the building.  

Rex comes and and everyone loves him.  Eventually people grow tired (familiarity breeds contempt) and think that the players did whatever they wanted to.  It's like people are looking for more reasons to dislike him.

Now Bowles comes in and people love him.  In a couple of years, people will be trashing him too.

The only thing that ultimately matters is the results.  Rex got more results for this team outside of Weeb.  And that includes Parcells considering REx made it to two AFC champ games in the same amount of time Parcells made it to one.  Parcells was the better coach though, that much I think is fact.  Rex had his faults but some of you act like he sucked which is just an absolute lie.  Or you're delusional.

Rooting for Bowles now.  He has some qualities that are great.   Unfortunately for him the QB position means everything where it wasn't always the case.

The basic theme with the Rex hater group is if you liked Rex at all your a idiot.. He wasn't a complete HC but he brought some fun for a couple of years I know I enjoyed it.. I wish he was more like Bowles who said he's responsible for the WHOLE team now something Rex didn't seem to realize..

Rex sucked.

By everyone you mean for two years and on defense right?  He had almost nothing to do with the offensive side of the ball.  After the 1st two years, the team steadily declined.  A vast majority of draft resources was used on the defense.

We all know that rex gets all the credit for the AFC title years and little blame for anything after.  If anyone should be hailed as heros of those 1st few years it should be the oc who got them to the afc title with with a rookie wb and lousy big play talent, and yet shotty, then sparano and then Morninweg were always the black hats of the organization.  Once the talent level of the D evened off or there was injuires the defense fell on its ass hard.

No, not at all.  I have no problem at all with people liking Rex, he was a likeable guy and I for one loved the guys fire and honesty in his 1st few years.  Where the 'idiot' part comes in is when some Rex supporters use arguments to defend him that make little sense.  As one sided as some of us 'rex haters' are a number of 'rex supporters' are equally over the top in giving him credit for all the good stuff and giving him no blame for any of the bad stuff.

Archived