Good For Amaro

KRL

Rex was the bully  who couldn't fight. He talked a big game, but when he had to prove it, he got his teeth kicked in.  Do you realized that even thou his team kept changing around him, Rex Ryan never adapted to it. He coached the same defense even thou he didn't have the talent to run it, and blame the players..

Bullsh*t.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until the team starts winning and makes the playoffs it's meaningless.

Wilkerson must be shaking in his boots.

Wilkerson is gonna get paid, but it doesn't have to be by the Jets. If you wanted to send a message to your team, Wilkerson could be playing elsewhere for challenging the new regime. 

Rex was the bully  who couldn't fight. He talked a big game, but when he had to prove it, he got his teeth kicked in.  Do you realized that even thou his team kept changing around him, Rex Ryan never adapted to it. He coached the same defense even thou he didn't have the talent to run it, and blame the players..

Except that's not true. As his secondary crumbled into the worst in the NFL, Rex found himself playing a ton of zone. One of the more complex defenses in the league, his gameplans were extremely opponent specific. There are plenty of valid complaints to make about Ryan, but that one is simply false.

Wilkerson is gonna get paid, but it doesn't have to be by the Jets. If you wanted to send a message to your team, Wilkerson could be playing elsewhere for challenging the new regime. 

I wouldn't do... that its business not personal and it's advice for he's agent 

Yes, but we can't yet fast-forward to the days when we see the accountability going on.  It's just nice to hear it coming from a player, even if it's a non-story.

All I wanted to hear was just one player validating what we all suspected knew to be the case.  I think now, we (I) can put Country Club Rex to bed for good.  It's now Buffalo's problem.

Except that's not true. As his secondary crumbled into the worst in the NFL, Rex found himself playing a ton of zone. One of the more complex defenses in the league, his gameplans were extremely opponent specific. There are plenty of valid complaints to make about Ryan, but that one is simply false.

I stand by what I post.

And also, that last bit is funny. Rex was really never one to throw players under the bus. The fans here seem to have a much bigger problem with -say- Geno than Rex ever voiced.

And if Rex blamed the secondary for his defensive failures, it certainly would appear that the new regime completely, 100% agrees with that assessment in laying out massive coin to put Rex's successful CB tandem back in place, while also revamping the nickel and safety positions. If you're driving a Geo Metro in a NASCAR race, it's okay to blame the car.

I was pretty sure the Rex Defense Society would have used the opportunity presented by Rex taking the Bills job to jump ship, but alas. Then again, there are still people who think Herm was a good hire.

Hey   !!!!!                     

I don't think you really understand how Rex football works..... If Rex's team performs well, its his swagger, and his master motivational ability combined with his defensive genius that made the team perform well, not the players. 

If on the other hand the team does not perform well, its on the GM, the players, the other coaches, the fans, the media etc. and its not on Rex, because he is a defensive mastermind who brings swagger and master motivational skills to the table.

Learn son, learn.

The reason Jimmy Johnson won so many Super Bowls in Dallas was his refusal to deal with a lack of discipline as he referenced years ago telling us that when Aikman fell asleep during a film session he would go so far as to nudge him and whisper in his ear to wake up.

I don't think you really understand how Rex football works..... If Rex's team performs well, its his swagger, and his master motivational ability combined with his defensive genius that made the team perform well, not the players. 

If on the other hand the team does not perform well, its on the GM, the players, the other coaches, the fans, the media etc. and its not on Rex, because he is a defensive mastermind who brings swagger and master motivational skills to the table.

Learn son, learn.

I understand how Rex hate works and that's never giving him credit for anything.. Did he have his faults absolutely but he brought allot of fun to the fans for a couple of years which is better then most have done.. 

And also, that last bit is funny. Rex was really never one to throw players under the bus. The fans here seem to have a much bigger problem with -say- Geno than Rex ever voiced.

And if Rex blamed the secondary for his defensive failures, it certainly would appear that the new regime completely, 100% agrees with that assessment in laying out massive coin to put Rex's successful CB tandem back in place, while also revamping the nickel and safety positions. If you're driving a Geo Metro in a NASCAR race, it's okay to blame the car.

I actually remember somebody (forget who) during the season saying "everyone who says this isn't Rex's fault is gonna' jump up and down saying 'I told you so' if the Jets spend big on the secondary this offseason and I don't want to  hear it"....as if it was a bad thing as opposed to 100% validating the claim.  Some people....

I understand how Rex hate works and that's never giving him credit for anything.. Did he have his faults absolutely but he brought allot of fun to the fans for a couple of years which is better then most have done.. 

Of course...everything that went well under Rex was the genius if the uber disciplinarian, Mike Pettine...because we saw him tear up the division in Cleveland t his season.

Everything bad?  Well...Pettine was off on those days.

The reason Jimmy Johnson won so many Super Bowls in Dallas was his refusal to deal with a lack of discipline as he referenced years ago telling us that when Aikman fell asleep during a film session he would go so far as to nudge him and whisper in his ear to wake up.

Yes. That is exactly why Jimmy Johnson won so many Super Bowls in Dallas.

2 things.

I don't have to tell anyone my CBs is a problem, all I gotta do is start a SS at CB and everyone will get it. 

Why on earth would I enter a Geo Metro in a NASCAR race and hope to win ?

Learn son, learn.

The student kneels at the foot of the Master.

"IF you be my teacher, I'll be your student".

If people wanted players held accountible maybe Mr T and Igzig should of got REX some acountible players...SMH...

if I give you all the ingredients to make an apple pie, why are you using them to make a peach cobbler.

Archived