JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Selections Only

Dcat

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is a thought:  When a GM's time is up, why don't we do this like the real NFL draft?  Just let the next guy go and the same after that until such time as the absent GM shows up and can submit a pick from whatever players are left.  I say this because Brick is up at 2:55, but I will be in meetings from about 2:45 to 5:00 and can't pick for him until then. 

edit: whoops wrong thread.  Intended for discussion thread.

Glad you were able to get your pick in, Brick.

Patman sent his pick Dcat who sent it on to me.

SF selects Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State.

Thanks, sorry for the delay. I normally try to be fast. I didnt notice i was on til a couple hours in. My bad. Let's keep it rolling

***  TRADE ***

The Colts and Redskins have agreed to a trade:

Colts will send picks #109 (4.10) and 205 (6.29) to the Redksins in exchange for Skins #105 (4.10).

Jets (Eboozer) are still on the clock.

Actual NFL trade that changes the board for Tampa and Detroit in the 5th and 7th (already entered onto spread sheet)

The real Tampa and Detroit made an actual trade today.  Tampa Bay is sending pick #168 (5.32) to Detroit. Detroit is sending DE George Johnson and pick #231(7.14) to Tampa Bay

The Detroit Lions have traded defensive end George Johnson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Lions and Buccaneers were going through the arbitration process on a disputed offer sheetbut have instead worked out a trade that will send Johnson and the seventh-round pick the Lions received in theHaloti Ngata trade from Baltimore to Tampa Bay for a Bucs’ fifth-round pick this year. The pick is the 32nd of the fifth round, number 168 overall.

gj-article-041415.jpgGeorge Johnson (Photo: Gavin Smith / Detroit Lions)

The Lions had disputed the “principle terms” of the Bucs’ three-year, $9 million restricted offer sheet signed by Johnson last week. Fearing they might lose that arbitration hearing and face the prospects of the Lions being able to match a lesser offer, the Bucs agreed to the trade Wednesday before the hearing was held. Johnson will now get his three-year, $9 million offer from the Bucs.

The Lions sent a fourth- and fifth-round pick to Baltimore last month to acquire defensive tackle Haloti Ngata after Ndamukong Suh left to play in Miami. So, the Lions get back one of those picks back in this deal.

They do lose a productive member of their defensive line, however.

Johnson was an important rotational player along their front last year and finished third on the team with six sacks in 2015.

The Lions gave Johnson an original-round tender worth $1.542 million last month, which came with the right to match any offer Johnson might receive from other teams, but offered no compensation to the Lions if he were to ultimately sign elsewhere.

The Lions will now rely heavily on Darryl Tapp, Devin Taylor, Larry Webster and others to fill out the defensive end rotation behind starters Ziggy Ansah and Jason Jones.

NY Jets Select FS Derron Smith Fresno State

Check out what NFL player they compare him to.... Gilchrist!! LOL! Let's get younger and save money since Gilchrist will be gone next year.

LITH and Colts OTC.... message about to be sent

Pro Day Results
40-yard dash: 4.6 seconds
Vertical jump: 34 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 3 inches
Short shuttle: 4.48 seconds
3-cone: 6.94 seconds
Bench: 18 reps of 225 pounds

Analysis

Strengths Productive four-year starter. Modern-day safety with the ability to play near line or in single-high coverage. Easy mover. Has outstanding coverage skills and can mirror in coverage over the slot. Can be physical. Former high school quarterback with above-average football intelligence. Instinctive with plus field vision and ability to track ball. Outstanding ball skills with playmaking potential. Thirteen interceptions over sophomore and junior season. Burst to close on boundary throws down the field.
NY Jets Select FS Derron Smith Fresno State

Check out what NFL player they compare him to.... Gilchrist!! LOL! Let's get younger and save money since Gilchrist will be gone next year.

Weaknesses Tried to do too much in 2014 for inconsistent Fresno State defense. Ventured beyond prescribed area with mixed results. Will take questionable angles to the ball against run and pass. Undersized. Short-armed with limited high-point ability. Overly reliant on body positioning against big receivers when ball is in the air. NFL tight ends are too big for him in coverage. Too wild as a tackler. Saw his broken- and missed-tackle stats spike.

Draft Projection Round 2 or 3

NFL Comparison Marcus Gilchrist

Bottom Line Lacks ideal size for the position, but checks off just about every other box teams will be looking for. Smith's ability to match up in space against slot receivers and his willingness to get downhill and tackle will be coveted. Smith must learn to play under control as a tackler, but he should have a shot to come in and compete for a starting-safety or slot-corner job quickly.

Archived