The La'El Collins watch

Integrity28

I didn't vote for him ( I will next election)  but I like what Cuomo is doing for Buffalo   I am sure you are aware that no other governor in over 30 years has given Upstate the right time of day.  It's just good to see new businesses coming in and the rebirth of downtown Buffalo.  Property value has skyrocketed here in the past 2 years. In terms of Kodak's bankruptcy,  this happened in 2012 and Cuomo was elected in 2011. I hardly doubt that Cuomo's administration had anything to do with it.   Their major product (film) died , they were paying exorbitant retirement benefits and their bankruptcy was simply a matter of elminiating debt and restructuring.

I wish ny would split in two.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they should start a new thread.

I don't think there is any prohibition on meeting with Collins. You just can't meet with him on campus or at his residence if he withdrew from school.  If you can't meet with anybody, who do the UDFA manage to sign and go to mini-camps?

You just can't meet with him on campus or at his residence if he withdrew from school.

This is my understandiing too.  I think teams will be free to meet with Collins anytime after exam week.  I think exams start this week or next.

I was just in training in Charlotte with someone from Buffalo. Not only is there no employment, not only does your weather suck, but the Cuomo 10 year plan is causing businesses that started prior to the law to shoulder the burden for those that started after. As jobs get cut as a result of higher expense ratios in a climate that already has a nationally low income per capita, be sure to thank Cuomo 15 year from now for higher taxes and lower property values. Have you drank away all memory of the recent Eastman Kodak bankruptcy? But hey at least because of this little stunt, he got Pacs vote. Win.

Synopsis: Buffalo sucks 

all this talk about La'el Collins. Let's forget for a second all the off the field stuff.

This is the Jets current OL depth chart

Brick - Carpenter - Mangold - Colon - Breno

with

Oday Aboushi

James Brewer

Corey Hilliard

Jarvis Harrison

Dalton Freeman

Dakota Dozier

Ben Ijalana

Brian Winters

Why would Collins' agent let him sign with the Jets? There's about 25 more teams that would be easier to make.

Breno stinks and the reserves are for the most part terrible.

Collins would be the starting RT next season by default

Don't forget that the people are supposedly nice and that its possible to buy a house with a backyard.

Thousands of New Yorkers living in dangerous 'cluster units' as homeless population tops 59,000, a record high The homeless count represents a 10% jump during Mayor de Blasio's first year in office. Despite his vows to turn around the problem and ditch the use of cluster units, the city is still forced to house families in these much-criticized apartments, which have often been cited for hazardous code violations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-homelss-population-tops-59k-record-high-article-1.2099150

I don't think there is any prohibition on meeting with Collins. You just can't meet with him on campus or at his residence if he withdrew from school. If you can't meet with anybody, who do the UDFA manage to sign and go to mini-camps?

Rotoworld referenced what I wrote, if it's inaccurate it's on whoever they pulled the report from. Either way , that was the latest at the time I wrote it.

Hard to say. Trollpunching a Bills fan with two X chromosomes seems like moving up a weight class and a new low at the same time.

I believe in gender equality. Even if I didn't, I don't believe Jeanieus is who he says she is.

Either way, even Michael Jordan took the easy layups every now and then.

Thousands of New Yorkers living in dangerous 'cluster units' as homeless population tops 59,000, a record high The homeless count represents a 10% jump during Mayor de Blasio's first year in office. Despite his vows to turn around the problem and ditch the use of cluster units, the city is still forced to house families in these much-criticized apartments, which have often been cited for hazardous code violations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-homelss-population-tops-59k-record-high-article-1.2099150

So to back up your argument that Buffalo is a better place to live than "downstate" you cite an article that discusses project housing in poor New York City neighborhoods? I guess you got me.

Hard to say. Trollpunching a Bills fan with two X chromosomes seems like moving up a weight class and a new low at the same time.

I believe in gender equality. Even if I didn't, I don't believe Jeanieus is who he says she is.

Either way, even Michael Jordan took the easy layups every now and then.

Here's a great article about Buffalo from 2010:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/10/11/pay-up

Buffalo is among the poorest cities in the nation. More than a quarter of the people within the city limits live in poverty—double the national average. The jobs that are available tend to be low-paid and in the service sector: cashiers, nurse’s aides, security guards. When President Barack Obama visited Buffalo this past spring, two disgruntled residents paid to put up a billboard that declared, “DEAR MR. PRESIDENT, I NEED A FREAKIN’ JOB.”

"Over the past few decades, as more steal mills, grain elevators, and railroad yards have gone dormant, roughly half the city's population has fled, and now, apparently, even its buildings are headed south."

Just saw this on Twitter:

Ross Dellenger @ Ross Dellenger Adv ????

Source: Ex-#LSU OL La'el Collins has meetings planned w/ #Bills & #Dolphins, has heard from "almost every" #NFL team

Unfortunately, I have a feeling we are not one of those teams.

I would think everyone but NE had contacted him. Even though he's not a suspect, it's probably best a team that had a murderer employed would stay away from a guy who was questioned about a separate murder, even though all signs point to he had no involvement.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Why are we so worried about him going to Buffalo? He is not going to Buffalo. Stephen Ross send 5 players on his private Jet to recruit Collins. If there is a concern where he will wind up its Miami, not Buffalo. If Miami lands Collins thats more of  a problem in the east than if Buffalo gets him. Rex is gone so can we please move on from him.

Why are we so worried about him going to Buffalo? He is not going to Buffalo. Stephen Ross send 5 players on his private Jet to recruit Collins. If there is a concern where he will wind up its Miami, not Buffalo. If Miami lands Collins thats more of a problem in the east than if Buffalo gets him. Rex is gone so can we please move on from him.

Jeanie made the thread about Rex and Buffalo, everyone else is responding in context. I don't the whining about moving on from Rex, when it's s supposed Bills troll proliferating the topic.

sh*t, I've even found better things to discuss lately.

Jeanie made the thread about Rex and Buffalo, everyone else is responding in context. I don't the whining about moving on from Rex, when it's s supposed Bills troll proliferating the topic.

sh*t, I've even found better things to discuss lately.

Who is this everyone else you speak of?  Multiple posts do not make you everyone. I hope he does go to Buffalo.  Love to have Incognito hazing him.

Arctic climate? Check

Depressing city? Check

No qb? Check

Drunk, obnoxious fanbase? Check

Only good thing about buffalo is it's proximity to the strip clubs in Canada.

You can get a handjob in North Jersey for the right price. So I've heard..

Let's get this thread back on track with some real Collins news.  Seems like Ryan could've

over stepped his bounds:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/05/teams-cant-meet-with-lael-collins-yet/

As the pursuit of LSU tackle La’El Collins commences, there’s a problem. The pursuit of him can’t commence yet, and least not in certain ways.

“Clubs are prohibited from visiting a player who was eligible for the 2015 Draft at his campus or residence if the player has withdrawn from school and final exams have yet to conclude at the school,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT via email. “This includes drafted players, any undrafted players that have signed as free agents, and any undrafted players that have yet to sign.”

Collins has withdrawn from LSU, and final exams have not concluded there yet. (Finals are happening this week.)  So teams can’t visit a player at his campus or residence.

There’s possibly a loophole in the rule, if for example Bills coach Rex Ryan met with Collins not on campus or at his residence but at a local Applebee’s. But that seems to be too easy of a fix to be permitted.

Regardless, LSU finals are scheduled to last until May 9. Until then, restrictions apply to the direct efforts to recruit Collins.  Which would explain his agent’s recent statement that Collins won’t be meeting with any teams at this time.

Let's be real here Collins signing with a team is going to come down to opportunity

and most importantly $$$.  He lost out on at least 8-10 million guaranteed by not

being picked in the top 15 of the first round.  So MIA sending LSU alumni to recruit

him means nothing.  It will be interesting to see if Maccagnan is "laying in the weeds"

and being quiet like he was during free agency before he strikes

Who is this everyone else you speak of?  Multiple posts do not make you everyone. I hope he does go to Buffalo.  Love to have Incognito hazing him.

I respond the best, so you don't notice the others.

Archived