The La'El Collins watch

Integrity28

The Bills were a good football team last year. Stop acting like this is all because you hired a magical coach with a losing record, a history of only coaching half the team, and running roster depth into the sh*tter.

My response was to the comment that our stadium is only half full -    The poster made a comment:  Why would Collins want to come to Buffalo, one reason being our stadium is only half full.  

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A smart GM who wants Collins would offer a contractual provision waiving the right to tender him as a RFA. He gets to full blown FA in just 3 years, team gets him for 3 years at way below market value. Win-win.

Not sure if i would be up for that.  Oline like all positions has development and a learning curve, develops the guy and tale your lumps and then watch him walk just when he is becoming good?

I think he ends up in Miami, the talking heads down here are saying he wants to come to Miami and as always they are predicting a playoff run. If they land Collins they are talking superbowl. I have to get the hell out of Dolphin country. I hate the Fins more than any team in the NFL.

I think he'll end up in Miami too.

My response was to the comment that our stadium is only half full -    The poster made a comment:  Why would Collins want to come to Buffalo, one reason being our stadium is only half full.

The half empty stadium was regarding the Dolfags.

Concerning Buffalo I was referencing the weather and general decay.

WTF are you talking about?

Good lord.

Conspiracy.   Are you aware of the term or meaning?

No matter how educated, rich, talented,or cool you think you are,  the way you treat people uoltimately tells all.  Integrity is everything.  Author:  Unknown.  

And why is that? Because it's cheaper to live there? There's a reason for that.

1)  The People - friendly and helpful to each other

2)   Living Space -   Yes,  affordable housing WITH LAND  

3)  Transportation - own vehicles and don't have to depend on public transportation that eats up 1-2 hours of one's day

4)   No walking to the grocery store and lugging 4-5 bags of food to the 100th floor

5)  No fighting crowds on a daily basis

Let him see the worst the AFC EAST has to offer, then get him by letting Revis, Cro and Marshall talk about their decision to come here.

And in a previous quote you say:

The Bills were a good football team last year. 

??????

The half empty stadium was regarding the Dolfags.

Concerning Buffalo I was referencing the weather and general decay.

The general decay?  One part of the City that is currently being rennovated.  

You never put your winter coat away.

Havent worn one for the past month and don't intend on doing so until November.  I'll be the first one to admit our weather is terrible but can't beat other benefits for living here.  

I think Collins should have been allowed to enter the supplemental draft if he was found innocent. Unfair to him that he loses money because of circumstances completely out of his control, and unfair to the other 31 teams that don't sign him as well. I get that it would set a bad precedent which is why it won't happen though.

Obviously if he is a part of this horrible crime in any way he deserves what's coming to him.

1) The People - friendly and helpful to each other

2) Living Space - Yes, affordable housing WITH LAND

3) Transportation - own vehicles and don't have to depend on public transportation that eats up 1-2 hours of one's day

4) No walking to the grocery store and lugging 4-5 bags of food to the 100th floor

5) No fighting crowds on a daily basis

You don't know what you're talking about. Not everyone who lives "downstate" has to rely on public transportation or lives in an apartment. I'm from upstate (Albany) and now live in a house in Westchester that has a backyard and friendly neighbors. We love it here and have no intention of moving back to Albany (which has a helluva lot more going for it than Buffalo). The schools and cultural experiences my kids have access to are beyond comparison to most places. But that's a matter of preference. If you want to live a simple life, and have your kids experience the same, than that's your prerogative. Mario Williams wanted that and chose to be a Bill for that reason. I don't want that and I suspect most athletes or celebrities do not as well.

Cost of living can be challenging for downstate folks, but it's also a reflection of demand. The fact that Buffalo is such an incredibly cheap place to live does not reflect well on its desirability.

You don't know what you're talking about. Not everyone who lives "downstate" has to rely on public transportation or lives in an apartment. I'm from upstate (Albany) and now live in a house in Westchester that has a backyard and friendly neighbors. We love it here and have no intention of moving back to Albany (which has a helluva lot more going for it than Buffalo). The schools and cultural experiences my kids have access to are beyond comparison to most places. But that's a matter of preference. If you want to live a simple life, and have your kids experience the same, than that's your prerogative. Mario Williams wanted that and chose to be a Bill for that reason. I don't want that and I suspect most athletes or celebrities do not as well.

Cost of living can be challenging for downstate folks, but it's also a reflection of demand. The fact that Buffalo is such an incredibly cheap place to live does not reflect well on its desirability.

Simple life LOL  -  I've lived in a suburb between Niagara Falls and Buffalo all of my life.  My sons received a quality education -  One is a Surgeon and the other is an Independent Real Estate Broker.  I was (retired) in the top 5% percentile in terms of salary in the U.S. and my husband (very well educated at Canisius High and College) also had (deceased)  a very lucrative business/career and quality of  life.   So despite what you make think,  not everyone in Upstate NY lives a "simple" life.  The arrogance is stifling.

Simple life LOL - I've lived in a suburb between Niagara Falls and Buffalo all of my life. My sons received a quality education - One is a Surgeon and the other is an Independent Real Estate Broker. I was (retired) in the top 5% percentile in terms of salary in the U.S. and my husband (very well educated at Canisius High and College) also had (deceased) a very lucrative business/career and quality of life. So despite what you make think, not everyone in Upstate NY lives a "simple" life. The arrogance is stifling.

Pot. Kettle. Black. You obviously know little about downstate NY but that didn't stop you from offering a completely ridiculous characterization of our lifestyle down here.

Guess you overlooked the part where I said I'm from Albany, so spare me your arrogance insults which is just another mom-and-apple-pie criticism of downstaters. (But there is one thing that Albany people hate and that is when people from Western NY refer to themselves as upstaters.). You may like where you live, but your dirt cheap property values and negative population growth strongly suggest that you're in the monitory.

I think he ends up in Miami, the talking heads down here are saying he wants to come to Miami and as always they are predicting a playoff run. If they land Collins they are talking superbowl. I have to get the hell out of Dolphin country. I hate the Fins more than any team in the NFL.

Miami = Zero Income Tax

Miami = Hot Babes 24/7

Miami = No Winters

Miami = Close to Home

Pot. Kettle. Black. You obviously know little about downstate NY but that didn't stop you from offering a completely ridiculous characterization of our lifestyle down here.

Guess you overlooked the part where I said I'm from Albany, so spare me your arrogance insults which is just another mom-and-apple-pie criticism of downstaters. (But there is one thing that Albany people hate and that is when people from Western NY refer to themselves as upstaters.). You may like where you live, but your dirt cheap property values and negative population growth strongly suggest that you're in the monitory.

We need to take this conversation to another thread about this topic .  Lupz27 is right.  This is about Collins.  If you will start another thread and transfer your above comment,  I will gladly respond.

The cops cleared him sign his ass.

Dr:  My guess is that he's going to Detroit.  However,  the only comment he did make after meeting Rex was that God is good.   Could mean the meeting with Rex went well or that the end result of the meeting with Police was good or both.

Dr:  My guess is that he's going to Detroit.  However,  the only comment he did make after meeting Rex was that God is good.   Could mean the meeting with Rex went well or that the end result of the meeting with Police was good or both.

Oops,  i meant Miami 

On a pure talent basis I want the Jets to sign Collins.  But I'm keeping the possibility open

that Maccagnan may have removed him from consideration because of character concerns

I read somewhere that there are no suspects.  So this makes him the chief suspect, whether they are saying so or not.  This is potential disaster.

Disaster? How so? Risk and reward. Not giving up a pick, or boatload of cash.

Conspiracy.   Are you aware of the term or meaning?

No matter how educated, rich, talented,or cool you think you are,  the way you treat people uoltimately tells all.  Integrity is everything.  Author:  Unknown.  

This has nothing to do with anything being discussed, however, it is quite possibly the lamest personal remark ever. So there's that.

And in a previous quote you say:

The Bills were a good football team last year. 

??????

Nothing contradictory about it.

The Bills were a good football team last year. They can be a good football team, but still the worst of what this division has to offer.

Don't make it my fault you don't understand things.

This has nothing to do with anything being discussed, however, it is quite possibly the lamest personal remark ever. So there's that.

You must be kidding me.  It has everything to do with what is being discussed.  You must not know the meaning of conspiracy.  

The blurb at the end happened to cross my desk the other day.  It made me think of you -  

If it's strictly a lifestyle thing, what would your personal preference be if you were a free agent?

1. San Diego

2. Arizona

3. Denver

4. New York

5. San Francisco

6. Seattle

I'd put Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Green Bay, New England way at the bottom, personally.

You must be kidding me.  It has everything to do with what is being discussed.  You must not know the meaning of conspiracy.  

The blurb at the end happened to cross my desk the other day.  It made me think of you -  

The blurb at the end is what I was referring to.

The conspiracy part is stupid.

Archived