La'el Collins signs with Cowboys

JumboJet

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pizza Hut: What would you like to order?

Rex: Everything. :1cry:

Just playing the devil's advocate here.  We don't know if Rex was't interested after talking to Collins.  It's a possibility.  

Just playing the devil's advocate here.  We don't know if Rex was't interested after talking to Collins.  It's a possibility.  

What's there not to be interested in? You're being ridiculous. He didn't want to play for the Bills, plain and simple. How can you blame him, he had a great offer from the Cowboys. A lineman's dream.

What's there not to be interested in? You're being ridiculous. He didn't want to play for the Bills, plain and simple. How can you blame him, he had a great offer from the Cowboys. A lineman's dream.

Playing the devil's advocate means that one is exploring all avenues.  What so ridiculous?

Disappointed the Jets didn't get him, but at least he's not with the Bills or the Fish.  Thought the Fish had a good shot because of the no tax issue, but as a poster above said there is no state tax in Texas either.  

Playing the devil's advocate means that one is exploring all avenues.  What so ridiculous?

Your weak attempt to avoid reality.

Why don't you go one step further? Maybe Collins showed up there wearing a Bills/Rex jersey, begging the Bills/Rex to sign him. But Rex, being the high character guy that he is, put his foot down and said nope, you're not playing for me. Sign with somebody else! Just playing Devil's advocate...

Your weak attempt to avoid reality.

Why don't you go one step further? Maybe Collins showed up there wearing a Bills/Rex jersey, begging the Bills/Rex to sign him. But Rex, being the high character guy that he is, put his foot down and said nope, you're not playing for me. Sign with somebody else! Just playing Devil's advocate...

I think if I said a white wall was white you would disagree or find some way to ridicule me.   It's okay.  I understand that resentment

I know - it's been an exciting offseason with Rex playing a big part.

Sat next to a Bills fan at a dinner last night, he's def rejuvenated the fan base. Jets and Bills are in almost identical situations with the Pats collapsing as we speak (and Miami signingi Suh) should make for an exciting season. Prob the best in a long time.

There doesn't seem to be any indication that this front office was interested in him, and I don't blame them.  While he is a great prospect, one of the best prospects to go undrafted in a very long time, I can understand why they avoided this like the plague.  While it is possible he is completely innocent, it is quite possible the opposite is true.  Not something a new regime would want to be known for.

I think if I said a white wall was white you would disagree or find some way to ridicule me.   It's okay.  I understand that resentment

You're being corny now. Stop being in denial. He picked somebody else over the Bills, you'll get over it. I mean you can spin it any way you want of course to make yourself feel better. I guess EVERY team that wanted him somehow lost interest in him when he signed with the Cowboys. Sure. Or is it that just the Bills lost interest in him and the rest of the teams lost out to the Cowboys?

You're being corny now. Stop being in denial. He picked somebody else over the Bills, you'll get over it. I mean you can spin it any way you want of course to make yourself feel better. I guess EVERY team that wanted him somehow lost interest in him when he signed with the Cowboys. Sure. Or is it that just the Bills lost interest in him and the rest of the teams lost out to the Cowboys?

I just threw my comment out there as a possibility.  I am just happy he's not with an AFC East Team.  When I heard that his family wanted him to stick close to home,  I figured that he would pick either the Dolphins or Cowboys.  I am happy it's the Cowboys since we only play them once this year.  

Sat next to a Bills fan at a dinner last night, he's def rejuvenated the fan base. Jets and Bills are in almost identical situations with the Pats collapsing as we speak (and Miami signingi Suh) should make for an exciting season. Prob the best in a long time.

Hess:  It's unbelievable here.  We have over  27,000 members in the Bills Mafia Forum  and everyday someone is running into Rex and getting their picture taken (with him).  Personallly speaking,  I can't remember the last time I've done so much research or reading on our team.   On a daily basis,  I veiw all the forums of AFC East teams and view a number of news articles.  I think we are doing all the right things.   Now,  we will just have to wait  see and if can put everything together and make it work this upcoming season.    Until then,  I am enjoying the moment.

I just threw my comment out there as a possibility.  I am just happy he's not with an AFC East Team.  When I heard that his family wanted him to stick close to home,  I figured that he would pick either the Dolphins or Cowboys.  I am happy it's the Cowboys since we only play them once this year.  

I don't get why people, Jets fans included, were so afraid to face this guy. It's like a sign of relieve went through the eastcoast when he signed with the Cowboys. You'd think people are seeing a young Dan Marino in him. We're talking about a rookie RT, a Guard. Chance Warmack was twice the prospect and he's not even worthy of being a starter in the NFL, let alone be an impact player. This guy could be another Vlad Ducasse for all we know. If he does develop into a decent player it's gonna take years. Either way, it's not something that will impact the Cowboys too much, whether he becomes a starter or not. It's just another piece.

Now if this was Winston or even Mariota and the Patriots landed him as an UDFA, yeah, I'd be pretty pissed. But not with this La'el chump.

Hess: It's unbelievable here. We have over 27,000 members in the Bills Mafia Forum and everyday someone is running into Rex and getting their picture taken (with him). Personallly speaking, I can't remember the last time I've done so much research or reading on our team. On a daily basis, I veiw all the forums of AFC East teams and view a number of news articles. I think we are doing all the right things. Now, we will just have to wait and see and if can put everything together and make it work this upcoming season. Until then, I am enjoying the moment.

"Hey look ! It's the bafoon who lost 38-3 to us last year on that week we didn't practice..hurry up snap a pic!"

Maybe he thinks it's a good situation to be in. Longevity, development could be a factor. No income tax in Texas either.

The word out here is he will compete for right guard this year.  Also, Doug Free is hurt a lot, so within a year he could be a starting right tackle.  Jerry has a good relationship with Les Miles, there is no state income tax, and Dallas is a high profile team, so if he does well, he will get a lot of recognition for it. 

Plus, Dallas had a good team last year, and a nice off season, they could very well repeat and take the NFC East and make some noise in the playoffs.

I don't get why people, Jets fans included, were so afraid to face this guy. It's like a sign of relieve went through the eastcoast when he signed with the Cowboys. You'd think people are seeing a young Dan Marino in him. We're talking about a rookie RT, a Guard. Chance Warmack was twice the prospect and he's not even worthy of being a starter in the NFL, let alone be an impact player. This guy could be another Vlad Ducasse for all we know. If he does develop into a decent player it's gonna take years. Either way, it's not something that will impact the Cowboys too much, whether he becomes a starter or not. It's just another piece.

Now if this was Winston or even Mariota and the Patriots landed him as an UDFA, yeah, I'd be pretty pissed. But not with this La'el chump.

It would have been good if we did land him.  However,  I wasn't disappointed because  I didn't think he'd come to Buffalo.  I thought he would go with the Dolphins.    Then,  when  news broke that his family wanted him close to home,  I thought  the Cowboys were a possibility.  

"Hey look ! It's the bafoon who lost 38-3 to us last year on that week we didn't practice..hurry up snap a pic!"

I can't speak for the Jets but I will for the Bills.  After the week the Bills had with the snowstorm,  they were ready for bear.  People were actually buried in their homes for days.   

I can't speak for the Jets but I will for the Bills.  After the week the Bills had with the snowstorm,  they were ready for bear.  People were actually buried in their homes for days.   

You guys will see Rex at a lot more pizza places when he takes that UBuffalo job in two years.

There doesn't seem to be any indication that this front office was interested in him, and I don't blame them.  While he is a great prospect, one of the best prospects to go undrafted in a very long time, I can understand why they avoided this like the plague.  While it is possible he is completely innocent, it is quite possible the opposite is true.  Not something a new regime would want to be known for.

Doesn't look like we showed any interest in Gregory or DGB either. I think this FO is going with the mindset of not even bothering. If you miss out on someone, fine, but they're taking the approach that in today's climate the suspension and PR risks aren't worth the reward.

I guess this is Jeanie not making the thread about the bills, again?

Nope

started by Jolot with this comment: 

• rep_up.png
  •  
  • rep_down.png
  •  

Yes.  Collins is not

Too.

devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position they do not necessarily agree with (or simply an alternative position from the accepted norm), for the sake of debate or to explore the thought further.

Effin.

Nope

started by Jolot with this comment: 

• rep_up.png
  •  
  • rep_down.png
  •  

Easy.

Archived