Landon Collins better prospect than C. Pryor ?

Jetsmanjb

Both are in the box safety's . But Pryor was a legit 1st round pick In a deep safety class . Where Collins was a fringe 1st rd pick in one of the weakest safety Classes in a long time .

Only time will tell who is better tho . But Pryor definitely was Graded higher coming out .

I seriously doubt it. Either way, it's going to be cool this watching all of these guys on the field for us this season Pryor included. He should be much improved with people who can actually play the positions which surround him.

Not to say that Collins cant end up being the better player, but Pryor is the better prospect. Pryor hits harder , plays faster and was supposed to be more NFL ready. It will be interesting to see how much better he looks now that he will be playing his natural position again.

Let's see what happens when Pryor gets to play with professional CBs.

It was asking way too much for a rookie learning on the job to play in a secondary with absolutely no experience or in some cases talent.

We had UDFAs manning both CB spots. Now at one side we have Revis who might say something like this to Pryor in the huddle, "Calvin, I got this concentrate on the middle of the field"

Plus, if he does struggle in coverage Bowles will just replace him with a CB. Bowles is known to be creative & he's got the big men up front & the thumpers at LB with size to not have to worry about CBs having to play in the box.

Pryors going to be one happy camper when he sees that talent he now has around him when camp starts.

Let the competition begin.

Jesus Christ can we give Pryor an actual chance before saying he is a bust.  In fairness to him we had the WORST secondary in the NFL plus he was forced to play out of position esecially as a rookie.  Also we had 2 clowns running the team.  Now we finally have a revamped secondary and a better coach IMO.  I mean Pryor was a highly rated draft prospect he just came into a bad situation his rookie year

Jesus Christ can we give Pryor an actual chance before saying he is a bust.  In fairness to him we had the WORST secondary in the NFL plus he was forced to play out of position esecially as a rookie.  Also we had 2 clowns running the team.  Now we finally have a revamped secondary and a better coach IMO.  I mean Pryor was a highly rated draft prospect he just came into a bad situation his rookie year

Agreed. I would think this whole question is a bit premature?

They're both in the box safeties who lose the ball in coverage. The giants historically have just relied on pass rush with mediocre DB play.

Double O was a good pick but he's better against the run and not a great pass rusher. Maybe JPP plays great and helps Double O.

Archived