Geno Smith Warning in Jets Locker Room: Don't Wreck Us Now

flgreen

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Colon is a little outspoken.  This is the type of rhetoric you have behind closed doors and not in the open media.  Maybe Colon should consider a course in diplomacy.  Kind of feel sorry for Geno after reading the article.  I saw this yesterday.

Hahaha. Super troll.

Best work yet.

geno should say who are u dude? nothing worse than a jag trying to be a team leader -to his credit his name goes with the quote but come on-there is no reason to be saying this sh*t now when the team had a massive offseason talent upgrade-colon has as good of a chances as geno as not being here after this year

this cannot be good.  I thought that this organization was pretty buttoned up and wanted its players to be.  Will Colon soon receive a ticket to ride?

Yeah.  I don't see why people are equating a big mouth with the media into a locker room leader.  Shooting your mouth off in the media just makes you self centered

I think Colon is a little outspoken.  This is the type of rhetoric you have behind closed doors and not in the open media.  Maybe Colon should consider a course in diplomacy.  Kind of feel sorry for Geno after reading the article.  I saw this yesterday.

In the words of Jackie Gleason 'Booooo whooooo'.

Yeah.  I don't see why people are equating a big mouth with the media into a locker room leader.  Shooting your mouth off in the media just makes you self centered

Thank you... My sentiments exactly.  If you are a leader, and I question whether Colon is, but if you are a leader, lead on the field and lead in the locker room...

Can we just cut this piece of garbage already?  If anyone on the team has made Geno's job more difficult than it should be its been Colon.  And then he has the audacity to call him out publicly like this? 

Why does Bowles allow this type of counter-production?  This isnt healthy. 

It's important to have vocal leaders on the team, but they should be players who can back up their talk with their play.  Colon is not that player.  As others have already stated, it's a very real possibility that he's not a member of this team come late August or the start of the regular season.  His play has slipped that far.  If he wants to be critical of another teammate, and especially the QB, then the least he could do is find a way to remember the snap count and not jump offside as much as he does.

not sure what the issue is with colon's comments.   colon is basically giving geno a pass on his first 2 putrid years and writing them off as part of the maturation process.    he's also letting geno know that his bs won't fly this year.  

He has no awareness of who he is now. You're not the 26 year old up and comer on the Steelers.

Colon is a fringe interior lineman making league minimum with no guaranteed money. You should not be the voice of the offense or of the team. Next to Brian Winters you were the worst lineman on the team last year. Two front offices have made every effort to replace you through free agency and draft picks (Carpenter (tried Iupati and kid from Denver)....Winters, Aboushi, Campbell, Harrison).

He is dead on but he's not the guy to be doing this IMO

I was curious what Geno's teammates thought of him behind closed doors. Other than Decker coming to his defense and Marshall trying to be a good new teammate I haven't heard much from others. Do you believe Colon is speaking for himself here? I don't.

Bahahahaha.  Ever wonder who he learned this from?

article-bills-0111.jpg

I was curious what Geno's teammates thought of him behind closed doors. Other than Decker coming to his defense and Marshall trying to be a good new teammate I haven't heard much from others. Do you believe Colon is speaking for himself here? I don't.

not at all. i think the vets know the defense is stacked, and if geno plays even passable they make the playoffs.  i think colon is also trying to send a message to the new HC and OC that the locker room won't allow another coach to coddle geno if he starts messing up.  that's the real message.

Colon is an ass. First off, it's not like he's saying anything profound. Smith surely knows this already. Ditto the GM, the coaching staff, the other players, the reporters, and virtually all of the fan base -- all of them already knew all of what he's said.

So all Colon is doing is just trash-talking his (so far) starting QB to the media. It's an obnoxious thing to say if it was only in front of the team. But to spout off like this to the papers?

He's here to be a team leader. What he just did here is not leadership. 

Colon is an ass. First off, it's not like he's saying anything profound. Smith surely knows this already. Ditto the GM, the coaching staff, the other players, the reporters, and virtually all of the fan base -- all of them already knew all of what he's said.

So all Colon is doing is just trash-talking his (so far) starting QB to the media. It's an obnoxious thing to say if it was only in front of the team. But to spout off like this to the papers?

He's here to be a team leader. What he just did here is not leadership. 

you know, i'm not sure geno knows his teammates feel this way. it's one thing if a new OC says it - it's another completely if the veterans in the locker room say it.  if revis says it too - even in private - it's their way of seeing if geno can make the next step forward.  geno has 1 more chance with the jets, that is all.

I think Colon is a little outspoken. This is the type of rhetoric you have behind closed doors and not in the open media. Maybe Colon should consider a course in diplomacy. Kind of feel sorry for Geno after reading the article. I saw this yesterday.

IMO this is nothing more than Idzak blow back.

Remember it was Idzak who forced Smith back onto the field when the coaching staff wanted Vick in.

Folks don't think that players saw that?

You don't think players wanted to speak out then?

Well this is what happens when management has an agenda other than winning. Idzak was hell bent on showing that his pick, Geno Smith, was the real deal that he Idzak was willing to sacrifice perceived football effectiveness.

And so the result is guys who kept quiet about it before are now saying no more favoritism and just don't screw it up Mr. Smith.

And in truth can you blame them?????

I can't.

Let's Go Jets!!!

you know, i'm not sure geno knows his teammates feel this way. it's one thing if a new OC says it - it's another completely if the veterans in the locker room say it.  if revis says it too - even in private - it's their way of seeing if geno can make the next step forward.  geno has 1 more chance with the jets, that is all.

I agree that if a veteran pulls him aside and tells him what the team is feeling, that's leadership.  If he  blows off to the press, that's "look at me" kind of crap

Can we just cut this piece of garbage already? If anyone on the team has made Geno's job more difficult than it should be its been Colon. And then he has the audacity to call him out publicly like this?

Why does Bowles allow this type of counter-production? This isnt healthy.

That's a great idea cut the best Guard on the roster because he said something truthful

That's a great idea cut the best Guard on the roster because he said something truthful

He's awful.  He had like 9 presnap penalties last year.  How is that even possible for a veteran? 

The Jets literally wouldnt miss one beat without him.  Hypothetically, having a player who's an 7 but a penalty machine that consistently puts your offense in tough situations, is much much much worse than having a 6 who doesnt.  

That's where the Jets are at and I dont see Colon being a starter.  I think its Carpenter and one of the youngsters.  

He's awful. He had like 9 presnap penalties last year. How is that even possible for a veteran?

The Jets literally wouldnt miss one beat without him. Hypothetically, having a player who's an 7 but a penalty machine that consistently puts your offense in tough situations, is much much much worse than having a 6 who doesnt.

That's where the Jets are at and I dont see Colon being a starter. I think its Carpenter and one of the youngsters.

Even with the penalties he's still the best guard on the roster. Macagnan resigned him I have a funny feeling he has a substantially higher opinion of Colon than you

Even with the penalties he's still the best guard on the roster. Macagnan resigned him I have a funny feeling he has a substantially higher opinion of Colon than you

To a one year contract.  He also signed Carpenter and drafted a Guard.  I dont think the re-signing of Colon means as much as you think it does.  And he's not that much better than Carpenter or Aboushi...especially when you factor his penalty rate. 

IMO this is nothing more than Idzak blow back.

Remember it was Idzak who forced Smith back onto the field when the coaching staff wanted Vick in.

Folks don't think that players saw that?

You don't think players wanted to speak out then?

Well this is what happens when management has an agenda other than winning. Idzak was hell bent on showing that his pick, Geno Smith, was the real deal that he Idzak was willing to sacrifice perceived football effectiveness.

And so the result is guys who kept quiet about it before are now saying no more favoritism and just don't screw it up Mr. Smith.

And in truth can you blame them?????

I can't.

Let's Go Jets!!!

Charlie  We had a similar situation here in Buffalo with Whaley wanting EJ Manuel to play.  Finally,  Marrone made the decision to pull him.   I can understand the players' frusrtations.  However,  I just think it's something that should stay in the locker room and not in the media.  

Charlie  We had a similar situation here in Buffalo with Whaley wanting EJ Manuel to play.  Finally,  Marrone made the decision to pull him.   I can understand the players' frusrtations.  However,  I just think it's something that should stay in the locker room and not in the media.

In the old days, it was a punch in the mouth that straightened things out.

To a one year contract. He also signed Carpenter and drafted a Guard. I dont think the re-signing of Colon means as much as you think it does. And he's not that much better than Carpenter or Aboushi...especially when you factor his penalty rate.

You never watched carpenter he's terrible in pass protection. Aboushi is wildly overrated by jet fans. Mac signed Colon with options galore in free agency. Obviously he doesn't share your opinion about him.

You never watched carpenter he's terrible in pass protection. Aboushi is wildly overrated by jet fans. Mac signed Colon with options galore in free agency. Obviously he doesn't share your opinion about him.

He signed Colon to a one year vet min deal.  He signed Carpenter to a 4 year deal worth 20mil or something like that.  If he loved Colon so much, why the one year deal at vet min? 

Colon was the most penalized Guard in the league last year.  A large majority of those penalties came in the Red Zone.  He does more bad than good.  If Bowles is really all about accountability; is that going to fly?  Colon was signed as depth.  One of the youngsters will beat him out and he'll be depth off the bench or cut so he can go catch on with another team.  

Macc signed him as a fall back option in case all the kids go bust.  If one of them steps up, Colon's a back up, and gone next year.  

In the old days, it was a punch in the mouth that straightened things out.

Yeah,  can't get away with that in this day and age.  The article just hit me the wrong way.  As mentioned earlier,  kind of felt sorry for Smith.

Only credit I give Colon is he put his name on it. Otherwise, he should have kept that in the locker room.  If that came from Mangold or Brick I could accept it but Colon?  Needs to shut his freaking mouth and stop jumping offsides.  How many drives did this idiot kill or stall with his pre-snap penalties?      Bowles needs to have a conversation with him...  

He has no awareness of who he is now.  You're not the 26 year old up and comer on the Steelers.

Colon is a fringe interior lineman making league minimum with no guaranteed money.  You should not be the voice of the offense or of the team.  Next to Brian Winters you were the worst lineman on the team last year.  Two front offices have made every effort to replace you through free agency and draft picks (Carpenter (tried Iupati and kid from Denver)....Winters, Aboushi, Campbell, Harrison). 

He is dead on but he's not the guy to be doing this IMO

Oh give me a break, Colon really isn't THAT BAD.

Fair enough. But you don't say it to a beat reporter on the record. Not unless you're a total asshat, which Colon apparently is.

If Colon was such a veteran "leader" type, then he should say it directly to Geno and only to Geno. What he did is unbecoming of a veteran who should know better; it's immature, and just flat-out scuzzy. 

not sure what the issue is with colon's comments.   colon is basically giving geno a pass on his first 2 putrid years and writing them off as part of the maturation process.    he's also letting geno know that his bs won't fly this year.  

When Colon lis promoted to position coach maybe that will fly. Until then, I think he should take a more guarded approach in his public speaking.

Fair enough. But you don't say it to a beat reporter on the record. Not unless you're a total asshat, which Colon apparently is.

If Colon was such a veteran "leader" type, then he should say it directly to Geno and only to Geno. What he did is unbecoming of a veteran who should know better; it's immature, and just flat-out scuzzy. 

100%.  And who the **** said this team was a Porsche?  They havent played a single game yet, they havent even had a mandatory practice.  Might as well go all Vince Young and call the Jets the dream team.

What a total ass hat.

Archived