PATS' BRANDON SPIKES UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR AN ALLEGED HIT AND RUN

jeaniec

Rubbish.

Unless you are trying to imply that this dynasty hatred you mention is NFL specific, then this is just more BS. 

MLB's SF Giants would be considered much more of a "dynasty" of late than the Pats* in my opinion and I have never heard fans, media or anyone else spout off about hating them.

The Yankees were the last team I can recall with similar collective hatred as what has been seen with the Pats*.  The difference is that the Yankee hatred was due to checkbook baseball as opposed to consistently trying to circumvent the rules.

You can probably throw the Miami Heat in that conversation as well due to Lebron and company orchestrating the big three model but again, while hated in some circles, they were never considered cheaters.

Anything the Pats* have accomplished is stained forever unfortunately.

In a fair comparison, lets see how they reflect on the Giants in about 10 years.

Was the Yankee hatred due to the money or them employing all the roided players? Or that dip sh*t kid that inteferred with the ball? Or the arrogance of their fans? Randy Johnson being a douche to a reporter? Or Jeter banging an endless list of hot woman? Or the arrogant douchebag owner? These are off the top of my head. Probably more they were ripped for.

Yes, money was a part of it, but not the only thing.

It is the same for the Patriots. Anything that fanboys ripped the Yankees could be applied to numerous teams, but it is the Yankees, tar them, feather them, evisercate them and then ban them. Sound familiar?

Only people that think it is stained are fanboys. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was relentless for sure but I think he was a net positive for this site.  Do we really want to turn ourselves into patsfans.com where only one POV is permitted?

A lot of the members here would prefer the one thought circle jerk.

Maybe you are too ignorant to realize this but most people see no benefit in angering a mouth breathing oaf wearing a stupid football jersey in June.

And no better way to make your point than hurling an insult.  Good job!

In a fair comparison, lets see how they reflect on the Giants in about 10 years.

Was the Yankee hatred due to the money or them employing all the roided players? Or that dip sh*t kid that inteferred with the ball? Or the arrogance of their fans? Randy Johnson being a douche to a reporter? Or Jeter banging an endless list of hot woman? Or the arrogant douchebag owner? These are off the top of my head. Probably more they were ripped for.

Yes, money was a part of it, but not the only thing.

It is the same for the Patriots. Anything that fanboys ripped the Yankees could be applied to numerous teams, but it is the Yankees, tar them, feather them, evisercate them and then ban them. Sound familiar?

Only people that think it is stained are fanboys. 

http://nflspinzone.com/2015/05/13/new-england-patriots-legacy-forever-tainted/

what they chowds don't get yet is belicheat and shady screwed them over big time.  belicheat and shady will keep the money from the cheating, but the fans will bear the brunt of the repercussions

25 years from now, these guys will say to someone at a bar, " hell that's nothing brady was much better"  and the person next to him will laugh and say, "you know that doesn't count they were cheaters"

hahaha... struck a nerve?  gotcha.

NE Patriots including its fan base:  Scumbag capitol of professional sports.  And the most shining examples troll right here.  Thank you for verifying!

3rd best NFL fan base and team in the state.

I would be bitter too.

And who the eff is Dan Zilmer?  He is an 'avid' NFL fan.  When I go for credibility, I go to a site with spin in its name. 

Again, back to my post in this thread, every a-hole has a vice these days and want to use it at the same time.

Fan boys whine about the Patriots, Belichick and Brady.

what they chowds don't get yet is belicheat and shady screwed them over big time.  belicheat and shady will keep the money from the cheating, but the fans will bear the brunt of the repercussions

25 years from now, these guys will say to someone at a bar, " hell that's nothing brady was much better"  and the person next to him will laugh and say, "you know that doesn't count they were cheaters"

Yeah, in 25 years I hope I am in a bar waxing nostalgic about days gone by.  If I am, please shoot me.  I would hope I have a little more going on in my life.

And who the eff is Dan Zilmer?  He is an 'avid' NFL fan.  When I go for credibility, I go to a site with spin in its name. 

Again, back to my post in this thread, every a-hole has a vice these days and want to use it at the same time.

Fan boys whine about the Patriots, Belichick and Brady.

Yeah, in 25 years I hope I am in a bar waxing nostalgic about days gone by.  If I am, please shoot me.  I would hope I have a little more going on in my life.

You better make some changes, maybe stop being an internet troll? Get something going in your life, good luck to you.  

There's a difference between being unhappy about what had taken place to majority of their peers coaches n owners talking about putting asterisks next to thier championships.

Stop the b.s., nobody worth anything is even taking it there. My point.

FAIL

You better make some changes, maybe stop being an internet troll? Get something going in your life, good luck to you.

THIS!

Classic! Yea, he has so much going on in his life that he trolls a Jets board...yet in 25 years we should shoot him if he brags about Brady...Shouldn't we just shoot him now? Any volunteers?

And who the eff is Dan Zilmer? He is an 'avid' NFL fan. When I go for credibility, I go to a site with spin in its name. Again, back to my post in this thread, every a-hole has a vice these days and want to use it at the same time. Fan boys whine about the Patriots, Belichick and Brady.

Are you really trying to imply that the Pats success is not now and will not forever be thought of as tainted?

You are normally level headed but seeing your teams place in history get a black eye has made you almost comical in how you try and make light of the Pats* history of trying to skirt the rules..

You are approaching the point where TX was at when he posted his now infamous statement "nothing will come of this."

Hard to be an internet troll when you are invited here. 

And my lifeis pretty good.

Are you really trying to imply that the Pats success is not now and will not forever be thought of as tainted?

You are normally level headed but seeing your teams place in history get a black eye has made you almost comical in how you try and make light of the Pats* history of trying to skirt the rules..

You are approaching the point where TX was at when he posted his now infamous statement "nothing will come of this."

Was that what got him banned again? I was gone for a few days and missed his rebanning.  I did not see the straw that broke the back...again.

Anywho.....are the Steelers tainted for being a roided out team seeking a'competitive advantage' when they won 4 titles in 6 years?  No.  No one cares.

You seem to view this through a baseball purists eyes when the game is far from it.  If a majority of the coaches/players (past and present) came out and said the "Patriots are horrible human beings...yadda yadda yadda."  I would look at it differently, but I read or hear players saying it is no big deal.  If the people that this game was their life says it is no big deal, then to me, it is no big deal.

Was that what got him banned again? I was gone for a few days and missed his rebanning.  I did not see the straw that broke the back...again.

Anywho.....are the Steelers tainted for being a roided out team seeking a'competitive advantage' when they won 4 titles in 6 years?  No.  No one cares.

You seem to view this through a baseball purists eyes when the game is far from it.  If a majority of the coaches/players (past and present) came out and said the "Patriots are horrible human beings...yadda yadda yadda."  I would look at it differently, but I read or hear players saying it is no big deal.  If the people that this game was their life says it is no big deal, then to me, it is no big deal.

oh great.  Yet another variant on the "everybody does it" Patriot Way excuse. Like we haven't heard enough of those.  

oh great.  Yet another variant on the "everybody does it" Patriot Way excuse. Like we haven't heard enough of those.  

I think the logic of the argument goes something along the lines that once you establish that some people have been guilty of disposing of their chewing gum wrappers in a careless fashion, AND that those people received little or no punishment for these transgressions then that this means we need to let Jeffrey Dahmer out of prison....

Or some such.

If the people that this game was their life says it is no big deal, then to me, it is no big deal.

I guess a handful of people as opposed to the "majority of ex-players and coaches" works just fine when it suits you eh?

Ask yourself this question. When your great grandchildren read about the Patriots in any NFL historical writing or whatever, will they read of their propensity to cheat as part of how the Pats of this era are documented/remembered?

instead of discussing his teams latest humiliation like a man, he trolled like a child.  literally every post was about the jets (legit) superbowl

I almost feel bad for the pats**** fans.  you didn't do anything wrong.  Your bragging right are gone forever

care to put it to the test ?

instead of discussing his teams latest humiliation like a man, he trolled like a child.  literally every post was about the jets (legit) superbowl

I almost feel bad for the pats**** fans.  you didn't do anything wrong.  Your bragging right are gone forever

care to put it to the test ?

Forever is a long time.  I expect that somewhere around 2072 that someone up there might try the bragging thing again.

Forever is a long time.  I expect that somewhere around 2072 that someone up there might try the bragging thing again.

Can't wait for the Goodell "Tell All" book that comes out after he gets fired. Should be a lot of "JUICY" Pats stories in there!

What was really on those videos he reportedly destroyed.... maybe he actually kept them.

Yeah.... the Patriot Way of Cheating will live on long after this latest cheating scandal.

So the Steelers were not infmaous for their roid usage? 

Your tinfoil hat does not permit thoughts like that to penetrate?

I guess a handful of people as opposed to the "majority of ex-players and coaches" works just fine when it suits you eh?

Ask yourself this question. When your great grandchildren read about the Patriots in any NFL historical writing or whatever, will they read of their propensity to cheat as part of how the Pats of this era are documented/remembered?

Pick any subject.  There are always going to be people that have a contrarian view.

Charles Haley said the titles are tainted.  That is his opinion.  Damien Woody believes Tom Brady had something to do with it.  I do not believe he gave back his two rings.  His stance is in line with my stance.  Tedy Bruschi is crying from on-high Brady would never cheat.  Stevan Ridley is in the middle neither confirming or denying they did anything, not that it helped his fumbling numbers, but said the title was earned.

Is Haley giving back his rings after hearing Rice said he used an illegal substance to help him catch or Montana said the lineman used a silicon spary on their uniforms which is illegal?  No.  That is cheating.  His rings, using his definition are tainted.  I doubt he is removing "the only 5 time Superbowl champion from his name" anytime soon.  

Again, this is their lives that they lived.  We are just fans.  When a majority of them are saying it is no big deal, then I am going with their belief that it is no big deal. 

Well, lets look back at the Steelers.  It has been 40 years.  Are they thought of any less?  No.  They are still the 70s dynasty with 9 (?) Hall of Famers.  I am sure there are fanboys that want the titles stripped, but a majority of the population does not care.  They were a great team on the field regardless of what they did  

So the Steelers were not infmaous for their roid usage? 

Your tinfoil hat does not permit thoughts like that to penetrate?

First of all I don't think there was testing at that time but even if it is true about the Steelers, what is your point here?  Is it that if one team won trophies 40 years ago while taking "supplements" that were not against the rules at that time then this essentially provides permission for another, different team to break the rules in any way they want without penalty?  Is that what you are saying?

That is the "what about Hitler?" defense.

Same here. Most people realize deflategate a big joke.

This probably wouldn't be such a big deal if it was a first offense but it's not.  Secondly,  players in the NFL work their butts off to win a fair game/s  Tampering or any other restrictions simply ruins the integrity of the game and is clearly unfair to every NFL player and team.   I also believe the way the NFL handled this entire situation is a bit shady.  For one, they  waited until after the Super Bowl to make a decision.  It took a total of 5 months to research?  I don't think so.  Belichick's decision not to appeal also reeks of guilt IMO. If my team was in the right,  I'd fight for my reputation.  And the rhetoric about Brady not knowing that the balls were deflated?  Some professional QB's came forward and said that he had to know and I also believe Brady knew.  No doubt that the Pats are an outstanding football team.  There wasn't any real need to engage in deflate activity.  

Same here. Most people realize deflategate a big joke.

This probably wouldn't be such a big deal if it was a first offense but it's not.  Secondly,  players in the NFL work their butts off to win a fair game/s  Tampering or any other restrictions simply ruins the integrity of the game and is clearly unfair to every NFL player and team.   I also believe the way the NFL handled this entire situation is a bit shady.  For one,  it waited until after the Super Bowl to make a decision.  It took a total of 5 months to research?  I don't think so.  Belichick's decision not to appeal also reeks of guilt IMO. If my team was in the right,  I'd fight for my reputation.  And the rhetoric about Brady not knowing that the balls were deflated?  Some professional QB's came forward and said that he had to know and I also believe Brady knew.  No doubt that the Pats are an outstanding football team.  There wasn't any real need to engage in deflate activity.  

Archived