Interesting Medical Tweet

KRL

Exactly! The point of the discussion is moving forward not going backwards.

Thank you Captain Hindsight!

Might simply be the wife has the little one out shopping so I can chill ... Or might be the wine ... Or might be I love Southpark ... Regardless , found your post hysterical!

Kudos sir!!!

Ehh, using plates and screws is more indicative of it being a worse injury than one a simple wire could fix, meaning it probably needed to be held in place with extra hardware. Regardless of the devices used to secure his jaw, bone healing is a physiological process that is not sped up by the procedure done. The only way he beats the time table is if they feel the helmet allows enough protection or they create a special mouth guard etc. really don't even care anymore. Fitzpatrick is hot garbage and the only thing to hope for was Geno making an improbable step forward. Fitzpatrick is incapable of that. Sooo the season is essentially over and it's only been one preseason game. Super.

Ehh, using plates and screws is more indicative of it being a worse injury than one a simple wire could fix, meaning it probably needed to be held in place with extra hardware. Regardless of the devices used to secure his jaw, bone healing is a physiological process that is not sped up by the procedure done. The only way he beats the time table is if they feel the helmet allows enough protection or they create a special mouth guard etc. really don't even care anymore. Fitzpatrick is hot garbage and the only thing to hope for was Geno making an improbable step forward. Fitzpatrick is incapable of that. Sooo the season is essentially over and it's only been one preseason game. Super.

I guess you're not going to watch any more?

I guess you're not going to watch any more?

I'll watch the first handful, but I have an extremely busy fall where Sundays will be my only day not working insane hours so no, I honestly might not if Fitzpatrick is starting the full season. Will of course still follow the box scores, but if you put garbage on the field it's hard to rationalize giving up your valuable time.

I agree. For Christ sakes Fitzpatrick plays ONE SERIES in Detroit and players are gushing about him. Geno has been here three years and not a peep from anyone. I had the Jets going 10-6 because of word that Geno was adapting to Chan Gailey's system very well. I have to admit I have to revise that to 6-10 now. I think Geno will be out until the bye at which time the Jets will be 1-3. Unless Geno can convince his teammates that he has matured from this incident he has no chance of regaining their respect. I hope Bryce Petty is the real thing because I think Geno has played his last season with the Jets.

what ?

About Smith's recovery:

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc  · 8 hours ago

Do not anticipate problems with cadence, snap count or changing plays at line

of scrimmage for GENO SMITH @nyjets by week 1

He seems to think he'll be available much sooner than anticipated.  To me what 

would be interesting to see are the interactions between Smith and the rest of 

the locker room when he shows up in the next couple of days.  How do you get

back the respect of the veterans after you acted like an ass?

A private, humble apology to the entire team for starters. But Geno is waaaay too arrogant to even attempt such an action.

geno has lost the team

its over

move on

No one knows that. People and the media are running with non-rabid support of Geno by a couple players comments and making that into this huge divide and that the team hates him. No one knows that, and the great likelihood is that at some point he will be our starter again. Fitz is not a winning QB, and is fragile. Also Bowles did not say Geno lost the spot but that if Fitz was playing really win and winning he would not necessarily give it back to Geno. Big difference. Whatever just keep the hate fest rolling

Actually it is not. Not wiring it shut indicates it is not as bad of an injury and some movement is OK. It decreases the recovery time significantly. He could probably practice in a week or so without contact.

Actually it is not. Not wiring it shut indicates it is not as bad of an injury and some movement is OK. It decreases the recovery time significantly. He could probably practice in a week or so without contact.

Bone healing is an inherent property, it's not altered by the procedure. If they let him play it's not because he's healed any quicker.

If Geno is truly a changed man after this incident this is what I'd expect.

First day back at the facilities call your own Locker Room meeting, bring in all the players, all the coaches and the rest of the staff.  Stand tall and look them in the eyes and Apologize to everyone in the organization and explain that his time away getting healed has allowed him some clarity.  Apologize to everyone for not just this incident but for how he has conducted himself over the course of the last two years and promise to each and every one of them that he has grown up, is taking responsibility for his actions and that he doesn't expect to have their respect today but will earn it as quickly as they are willing through my action on and off the field.  I promise you I will be the first one here and last one to leave every day from this point forward.

If he is man enough to do this, no excuses, just own up to the mistakes and tell your colleagues you won't let them down again, he will be accepted back and should be at the bottom of the roster and work his way back up.

I'm sure that will go fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM6fQ52YZoM

There is a reason they are now looking for another vet Q.B. The Jets brass know we are in trouble. One knock to Fitz now and Petty is starting.

Jets brass is being smart and making sure this team has a viable vet qb on the roster in case fitz gets hurt before Geno is ready to play. Petty starting a regular season game would be a disaster at this point.

I don't think the search is an indictment on Geno based on his handling of IK.

Archived