Waiver Claims

CrazyCarl40

@RapSheet: Wow, #Bucs. TB claimed Kourtnei Brown, Jeremiah George, Ryan Griffin, James Michael Johnson & Eric Kush

George is a former Jet and Kourtnei Brown is a Hard Knocks star and mentioned here about as a possible pick up. Haven't seen anything on Fauria yet. 

Read here Fauria is injured. 

@Connor_J_Hughes: Call came for Rontez Miles. With claim of Ronald Martin, team waives fan-favorite safety.

Wow. Harsh.

But I guess that's what happens when an adult is in charge. Tough decisions are made.

I hope they at least put Miles on the PS. And if they do, I wonder if Eskridge still has a chance to make the PS.

I didn't want to start a new thread.

Montee Ball was cut by Denver.  Would you try and claim him, and let Bilal Powell go?  

Personally, I like Powell, but at one time Ball was a highly thought of running back.  I don't know what type of back he is now after missing the season, but would you risk it?

Montee Ball was cut by Denver.  Would you try and claim him, and let Bilal Powell go?  

Personally, I like Powell, but at one time Ball was a highly thought of running back.  I don't know what type of back he is now after missing the season, but would you risk it?

Montee Ball is more like Zac Stacy. Powell is going nowhere because he's the only running back the Jets have that has a different gear. He's the change of pace back. Ball also has a laundry list of health issues and that's why he was the odd man out in Denver. 

Montee Ball is more like Zac Stacy. Powell is going nowhere because he's the only running back the Jets have that has a different gear. He's the change of pace back. Ball also has a laundry list of health issues and that's why he was the odd man out in Denver. 

Powell is the 3rd down back, not a change of pace back, IMO.  Hell, Ivory might be faster and quicker than Powell.

FTR, I am not advocating bring him in.  

Lol, what gear is that? Maybe he can catch a little better than the rest of them, but he sure as hell doesn't have another gear or change the pace.

@SethWalderNYDN: None of the players cut by the Jets yesterday were claimed on waivers. #nyj

Bodes well for the practice squad!

always a bit of a double-edged sword when your team's cut players do not get claimed -- good news for the PS, bad news for the objective strength of the back-end of the roster.  

no Ball and Powell are the same thing there's no point Ball is just a bigger name they're both JAG's

Lol, what gear is that? Maybe he can catch a little better than the rest of them, but he sure as hell doesn't have another gear or change the pace.

Powell and Bell are both slow, non-explosive backs.  No point replacing one with the other especially this close to the season.

what we need is a tight end.  I'd also give Ellis another shot even if he badmouthed the jets nothing wrong with depth.

id also sign Weatherford he's an upgrade over Quigley.

Archived