Fitzpatrick on the road... the #'s are scary

32EBoozer

Looking for a signature road win this week? The Jets and Fitzpatrick will have to overturn lots of history to do it.

It's always tough to get a road victory in the NFL.  Even mediocre teams play much better at home, and good teams struggle on the road.  It gets even tougher when you face a good team on the road.  Add in starting Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback against a good team, and your chances of winning nearly vanish.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has played 47 road games in the NFL.  His record in those games is 16-31.  Obviously not great, but not completely awful when you consider how difficult it is to win on the road in the NFL.  But look closer.  Look at the games he has started on the road against teams that finished better than .500 on the year.  In 2014 he was 0-3 in those games.  In 2013 he was 0-3.  2012:  0-2.  2011: 0-3.  2010: 0-3.  2009: 1-0.  2008: 0-3.  2005: 0-1.  Career record in starts against winning teams on the road:  1-18.

Are you curious which unlucky winning team lost to Fitzpatrick at home?  That would be the 2009 Mark Sanchez led New York Jets, by the score of 16-13.  That was the game the Jets threw six interceptions, five by Sanchez.  Despite those six giveaways, Fitzpatrick and the Bills could only muster 16 points that game, throwing for just 116 yards, completing just 40% of his passes and throwing for a passer rating of just 51.

Read the rest of the article here....

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/9/17/9348973/ny-jets-fitz-on-the-road

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I found something that bothers me more than his W/L record on the road, and that's how poorly he has played in dome games.

2-7 record, 6 TDs 14 INTs, 57% comp pct...very Geno-like when indoors.

Looking for a signature road win this week? The Jets and Fitzpatrick will have to overturn lots of history to do it.

It's always tough to get a road victory in the NFL.  Even mediocre teams play much better at home, and good teams struggle on the road.  It gets even tougher when you face a good team on the road.  Add in starting Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback against a good team, and your chances of winning nearly vanish.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has played 47 road games in the NFL.  His record in those games is 16-31.  Obviously not great, but not completely awful when you consider how difficult it is to win on the road in the NFL.  But look closer.  Look at the games he has started on the road against teams that finished better than .500 on the year.  In 2014 he was 0-3 in those games.  In 2013 he was 0-3.  2012:  0-2.  2011: 0-3.  2010: 0-3.  2009: 1-0.  2008: 0-3.  2005: 0-1.  Career record in starts against winning teams on the road:  1-18.

Are you curious which unlucky winning team lost to Fitzpatrick at home?  That would be the 2009 Mark Sanchez led New York Jets, by the score of 16-13.  That was the game the Jets threw six interceptions, five by Sanchez.  Despite those six giveaways, Fitzpatrick and the Bills could only muster 16 points that game, throwing for just 116 yards, completing just 40% of his passes and throwing for a passer rating of just 51.

Read the rest of the article here....

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/9/17/9348973/ny-jets-fitz-on-the-road

Is there a reason to post negative sh*t about our QB ? Do any of those stats say Fitzpatrick played on losing sh*t teams during that span that didn't win before he got there or after ? This happens to be a team game not a QB game. I think Fitz will be just fine

Is there a reason to post negative sh*t about our QB ? Do any of those stats say Fitzpatrick played on losing sh*t teams during that span that didn't win before he got there or after ? This happens to be a team game not a QB game. I think Fitz will be just fine

I agree with this.  He has a pretty solid surrounding cast here.  Would like to judge him on what he does as a Jet at this point.  Had enough fun making fun of him before the season started.

I keep hearing how he's such a terrible qb from the experts who were screaming for Jake Locker.

Not from me...I've liked him for years.  I actually recall a facebook status that popped up on my timeline from a few years ago in which I said "The Jets would be so much better if they had Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of Mark Sanchez".  Fitz isn't great, but he's a lot better than the garbage we've put up with over the years.

I agree with this.  He has a pretty solid surrounding cast here.  Would like to judge him on what he does as a Jet at this point.  Had enough fun making fun of him before the season started.

If the Jets go 12-4 this season with a home playoff game and Fitz goes 22 TD's/16 INT's there will be people screaming "I told you he sucked, look at his numbers compared to the elite QB's".

Not from me...I've liked him for years.  I actually recall a facebook status that popped up on my timeline from a few years ago in which I said "The Jets would be so much better if they had Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of Mark Sanchez".  Fitz isn't great, but he's a lot better than the garbage we've put up with over the years.

So funny how those of us who liked Fitz from the start told everyone exactly what could be expected from Fitz, and that he'd be better than Geno and Sanchez.  Now all of a sudden people are surprised that he looks competent. 

What was the last good team FItz was on? Buffalo? Houston? Tenn? 

Most bad teams lose more road games than they win. Obviously, some of the reason those teams weren't that good was because of Fitz, but none of  those teams did any better after Fitz left. Look at Houston and I have a feeling they are going to regret letting Fitz go. 

What was the last good team FItz was on? Buffalo? Houston? Tenn? 

Most bad teams lose more road games than they win. Obviously, some of the reason those teams weren't that good was because of Fitz, but none of  those teams did any better after Fitz left. Look at Houston and I have a feeling they are going to regret letting Fitz go. 

If they don't regret it already then they're foolish.  Easily better than Hoyer, possibly better than Mallett.

The Colts suck (or are not as good as advertised, at the very least).  So these stats are only partially relevant.  I also choose to believe that the Jets running game may set it apart from many of the teams that Fitz has played for  in the past.

Be careful.  That's what folks were saying about Denver (and Peyton) before last night.  

Okay, I found something that bothers me more than his W/L record on the road, and that's how poorly he has played in dome games.

2-7 record, 6 TDs 14 INTs, 57% comp pct...very Geno-like when indoors.

That is mind boggling.  Why?  It should be easier to pass indoors.

Either way, the wins and losses were always the concern coming into the season with Fitz.  It's the most glaring blemish on his rather unspectacular journeyman resume.  That said, we should run the ball 30 times on Monday Night so hopefully, he'll just have to make enough plays to move the chains and not have to shoulder the load. 

The bottom line is, if the Jets are asking Fitz the throw the ball more than 25 times in that game, they're probably in trouble.  

That is mind boggling.  Why?  It should be easier to pass indoors.

Either way, the wins and losses were always the concern coming into the season with Fitz.  It's the most glaring blemish on his rather unspectacular journeyman resume.  That said, we should run the ball 30 times on Monday Night so hopefully, he'll just have to make enough plays to move the chains and not have to shoulder the load. 

The bottom line is, if the Jets are asking Fitz the throw the ball more than 25 times in that game, they're probably in trouble.  

I was wondering the same thing.  CBs can break on the ducks faster?

Ivory is dinged (groin) so I think there is a decent chance that my Zac Stacy being active prediction comes true.

The Colts will different playing at home - be warned not saying we can beat them but expect them to play much better on offense

Like last week, the game really comes down to the performances of the defense and the running game more than the QB. If the Jets can contain Luck on defense -maybe force a couple more of those turnovers- and the RBs can keep him off the field otherwise, the team will be in good shape. If Fitz is in a shootout with Luck, they're probably not. 

Unfortunately the place still includes a few pom pom waving diehard members of the GeNONONO fan club.

Maybe they will follow him to whatever NFL, CFL or AFL he takes his awful act to next season

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived