NE Observations

KRL

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that fatigue also played a role for the Jets D. Being in pass defense virtually the whole game wore them down and started to open up lanes. That and Brady's incessant quick release -- eventually he was going to connect... it just took until the fourth quarter. Not many QB's could pull that off and effectively stymy one of the strengths of their opponent - defense against the run. Answer: don't run the ball at all. Gotta give NE their due. That's a ballsy and ingenious game plan.

It's impossible to pass rush 55 times in a game, no one can do that.  It's a whole different way to wear out the defense.  I'm thinking you have to mix in some rush 3 drop back 8 type coverage simply to give your pass rushers a break on occasion, because by the 4th, they have nothing left.

yep and also why not let geno throw the hail mary at end?  we could have had 2 plays, their DB's are small and they suck

I agree, and was saying as much at the time. Geno can throw to the endzone from there, Fitzpatrick can't. It's no indictment on Fitz -certainly nothing new- and if Geno by some miracle ties the game up there you sit him back down and hand the ball back to Fitzpatrick. 

I agree, and was saying as much at the time. Geno can throw to the endzone from there, Fitzpatrick can't. It's no indictment on Fitz -certainly nothing new- and if Geno by some miracle ties the game up there you sit him back down and hand the ball back to Fitzpatrick. 

marshall and decker are so much taller and devin smith can jump out of the bldg. Just dumb move by bowles, also chance at PI, though not likely in foxhole

Not seeing it discussed much, but the end of the first half infuriated me. They had the ball with two minutes left and all of their timeouts and they didn't even try to execute a two-minute drill. To me, that just sent a loud message that they were playing scared. You know you're kicking off to start the second half there. You have to try to at least get in field goal range. With Folk, all they needed for that was about 35 yards. Drove me nuts. 

That was ridiculous.  The coaching staff, coached scared.  They coached not to lose and it bit them in the ass. 

I put that game on the coaching staff.  Hopefully Bowles learns.  You cant go into a shell vs. that team in that stadium.  You have to go for broke. 

You have a permanent agenda to push for Geno and you do this even after games where Fitzpatrick played well.

Playing well and doing what is needed to beat elite things are different things. A QB limited to seams, slants and crossing routes with no ability to stretch the field vertically or expand the field horizontally cannot do those things. He cannot get you a quick score, he cannot get you to stop stuffing the box, he cannot make you adjust to his game. he allows the corners to press inside because you cannot throw outside the numbers, you can stay in man to man for deep routes because he cannot get the ball there.

Fitz cannot do any of these. And even as a game manager he is pretty lousy at ball control. Fitz is not the answer. Anyone who thinks he is is an idiot.

We are all looking at this from the Jets perspective, fitz vs geno. the D (who got 4 sacks) doesn't have enough pass rush. whatever

what about the Pats? How does Tom Brady ALWAYS find the open man? How does he ALWAYS beat the blitz?  The Jets D was without a takeaway for the first time all season. 

The whole thing doesn't pass the bullsh*t detector. Brady's not the GOAT. he's a damn cheater, and it's been proven twice.

He's still cheating.

You want to get all emotionally worked up and raise expectations that the Jets can beat this team (in their house, where the radio headsets always fail mysteriously)? Be my guest.  You want to look at the draft to find that one awesome prospect that will make the difference? Go for it. 

This loss was not about the Jets. We should all be under the assumption that this team is full of dirty cheaters. Why should I think otherwise?

And Tom Brady is the worst of them. 

We are all looking at this from the Jets perspective, fitz vs geno. the D (who got 4 sacks) doesn't have enough pass rush. whatever

what about the Pats? How does Tom Brady ALWAYS find the open man? How does he ALWAYS beat the blitz?  The Jets D was without a takeaway for the first time all season. 

The whole thing doesn't pass the bullsh*t detector. Brady's not the GOAT. he's a damn cheater, and it's been proven twice.

He's still cheating. You want to get all emotionally worked up and raise expectations that the Jets can beat this team (in their house, where the radio headsets always fail mysteriously)? Be my guest.  You want to look at the draft to find that one awesome prospect that will make the difference? Go for it. 

It's not about the Jets. I am still under the assumption that this team is full of dirty cheaters. And Brady is the worst of them. 

the big rumor is that brady's helmet does not shut off and he gets extra 10-15 seconds

the big rumor is that brady's helmet does not shut off and he gets extra 10-15 seconds

that seems entirely plausible. Ocham's razor and all. 

The other explanation, that's he's the GOAT from the 6th round and never tests free agency, that's unbelievable. 

Playing well and doing what is needed to beat elite things are different things. A QB limited to seams, slants and crossing routes with no ability to stretch the field vertically or expand the field horizontally cannot do those things. He cannot get you a quick score, he cannot get you to stop stuffing the box, he cannot make you adjust to his game. he allows the corners to press inside because you cannot throw outside the numbers, you can stay in man to man for deep routes because he cannot get the ball there.

Fitz cannot do any of these. And even as a game manager he is pretty lousy at ball control. Fitz is not the answer. Anyone who thinks he is is an idiot.

He is still a much better answer than Geno and in fact he could have played significantly worse than he has an STILL be a far better choice than Geno.

He's still cheating.

You want to get all emotionally worked up and raise expectations that the Jets can beat this team (in their house, where the radio headsets always fail mysteriously)? Be my guest.  You want to look at the draft to find that one awesome prospect that will make the difference? Go for it.

This loss was not about the Jets. We should all be under the assumption that this team is full of dirty cheaters. Why should I think otherwise?

ha ha it's call being good! As soon as you come to that understanding you won't be so upset (who am I kidding, you never will)

This is the best rant I have read in the last two days..lol oh man you are way into your feelings!

He's still cheating.

Ian Eagle even said so during Brady's scramble yesterday - he said he's a Cheetah - which in Boston Lingo is cheater.

.lol oh man you are way into your feelings!

the opposite is true. Now that I know the NFL is a farce, which rewards cheating I don't care as much.  

Maybe instead of finding the next franchise QB or pass rusher, the Jets should be finding the next great cheater. 

Yes I go outside and play golf. 

I'll check back in after the cheater retires. 

This is getting tired. They won because they played better. This excuse finding mission makes you look sophomoric and by extension all of us. ENOUGH!!! Obviously the stupid balls had zero impact on Brady. Spygate happened in early 07. You're like a 10-yr. old. Cheating is not why they won and we lost. You remind me of F*cking Red Sox fans blaming the Yankees overspending for winning. No it was because the Yankees had better pitching. Once the Red Sox realized that they won too. Novel concept. NE has a better franchise, scheme and yes QB. Finally Management is in place to match that but the QB is a missing piece. It has nothing to do with cheating. 

cause G-NO wins that game 

We don't know if he does or not. Last year was his second year in the league under a inept coaching staff with poor talent surrounding him. Life isn't black and white. All indications were that he actually looked good before making himself look bad off the field. Better system, better coaching, better skill players. Sure, Geno could easily fail, but he could succeed too. Right now we don't have a deep ball and other teams know it. If they had to fear deep completions consistently it would free up the whole field for both run and pass.

We don't know if he does or not. Last year was his second year in the league under a inept coaching staff with poor talent surrounding him. Life isn't black and white. All indications were that he actually looked good before making himself look bad off the field. Better system, better coaching, better skill players. Sure, Geno could easily fail, but he could succeed too. Right now we don't have a deep ball and other teams know it. If they had to fear deep completions consistently it would free up the whole field for both run and pass.

geno is a horrible deep ball thrower

. ENOUGH!!! Obviously the stupid balls had zero impact on Brady. Spygate happened in early 07.  

Ok so they cheated twice, but now they are legit. Sure. 

By the way it doesn't matter. Either they cheat OR they have the greatest QB in the modern era.

Either way there's no sense any Jets fan getting their hopes up. 

the pats* didn't even bother to run, and the jets couldn't make them pay because they have no edge rusher

the idea of throwing it 54 times to 5 rushes when the opponent knows you are throwing should be ludicrous, not effective

this team desperately needs an edge rusher

this is now the blueprint, get used to it

Regardless of how you judge a deep ball he has the arm strength to throw a deep ball. Teams have to respect that regardless. It's pretty simple actually. Ever play chess? 

yes, forget about qbing as a whole. stronger arm wins everytime,right?

Geno has the stronger arm and is more athletic and is younger; no body is arguing it.

He also doesn't read defenses well, holds the ball too long, takes big sacks and has lost the locker room (if he ever had it).  If all you needed was a strong arm, Jamarcus Russel would be in the HOF now.

Maybe he can turn it around, maybe not.

Meanwhile the Jets have been winning with Fitz.  You don't 'take a chance' with Geno or the rest of the season because Fitz scored 23 points against the Pats and the defense could not hold.  Sure, the 3 and outs help tire the defense, but if every team changed QBs when the Pats beat them, Rothesberger and Luck would be available for trade.

I don't think it is time for the fire Bowels, fire Macc and bench Fitz signs quite yet.

He is still a much better answer than Geno and in fact he could have played significantly worse than he has an STILL be a far better choice than Geno.

I do not agree with that. It IS possible he would play worse, but it is also possible he would significantly outplay Fitz who actually did not really outplay Geno last year that much. Plus Devin Smith would already have a touchdown or 2. 

Sucky situation the Jets were forced into. They felt Geno was a better QB as well

I do not agree with that. It IS possible he would play worse, but it is also possible he would significantly outplay Fitz who actually did not really outplay Geno last year that much. Plus Devin Smith would already have a touchdown or 2. 

Sucky situation the Jets were forced into. They felt Geno was a better QB as well

Zero evidence that Geno is better. Plenty of evidence that he is way worse.

Fitz has done enough already to be the starter for the remainder of the year.  Have a 3-way competition next year if you like but this topic is decided at this point.

Zero evidence that Geno is better. Plenty of evidence that he is way worse.

Fitz has done enough already to be the starter for the remainder of the year.  Have a 3-way competition next year if you like but this topic is decided at this point.

But he has not played well. He has played like a stop gap backup at best

the pats* didn't even bother to run, and the jets couldn't make them pay because they have no edge rusher

the idea of throwing it 54 times to 5 rushes when the opponent knows you are throwing should be ludicrous, not effective

this team desperately needs an edge rusher

this is now the blueprint, get used to it

Edge rushers are rarely effective against Brady because he gets rid of the ball so quickly. Ironically by passing 54 times the Pats neutralized our interior pass rush which is the way to throw Brady off - pressure up the middle. Also by going hurry up and not substituting the Pats kept the Jets from keeping the Dline fresh. Unfortunately, another smart gameplan  by Belicheck and staff .

Edge rushers are rarely effective against Brady because he gets rid of the ball so quickly. Ironically by passing 54 times the Pats neutralized our interior pass rush which is the way to throw Brady off - pressure up the middle. Also by going hurry up and not substituting the Pats kept the Jets from keeping the Dline fresh. Unfortunately, another smart gameplan  by Belicheck and staff .

Yup. When are people going to understand that against QB's like Brady, edge rushing is virtually useless unless he's throwing deep. He killed the Jet with quick screens and crossing patterns. Only in the fourth quarter when the Jets rush was gassed and secondary giving slack did he start opening up in the middle range. The Jets' best chance was to keep the ball on TOP and score TD's, not field goals. The injury to Ivory was probably the most negative thing that could have happened to the Jets and it happened on his very first run of the game. From there on, the Jets' running attack was mediocre at best and altered their game plan.

No, and if that's your take from what I said you're obtuse. I'm simply stating that the offense is missing an element that would open up the offense quite a bit.

I get what you are saying. geno would be the better fit because his arm is stronger. if this isn't what you are saying, than call me obtuse

Archived