Anyone else agree?

Cro's kids

Im usually not this high on our team, but i believe this team is top 5 in the NFL only behind Pats, bengals and broncos. I think we are possibly better than the Packers, panthers and cardinals. Wanted to know what you guys think, its been a surprisingly exciting year.

Who knows where we fit in? It's all about the QB & injuries in this league, but I just watched my team go toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league  who won the Super Bowl last year. And we did that with a tweaked starting RB & an injury to our safety that was helping slow Gronk down in their building (48-4) record at home!

Jets stay healthy (biggest factor) and get in the tournament they can beat ANY TEAM in this league.

Im usually not this high on our team, but i believe this team is top 5 in the NFL only behind Pats, bengals and broncos. I think we are possibly better than the Packers, panthers and cardinals. Wanted to know what you guys think, its been a surprisingly exciting year.

It is tough to say.  Will be until the Undefeateds start playing each other and/or the Jets.  I don't think the Jets are as close to the Pats as it looked Sunday.  Lots of pieces missing from that offense and twelve dropped balls is simply a drive killing anomaly.  EPSN puts the Jets at #8.  I expect the Broncos and Falcons to fall, but I'm not ready to demote the Packers from #2.  Top six OK?

It is tough to say.  Will be until the Undefeateds start playing each other and/or the Jets.  I don't think the Jets are as close to the Pats as it looked Sunday.  Lots of pieces missing from that offense and twelve dropped balls is simply a drive killing anomaly.  EPSN puts the Jets at #8.  I expect the Broncos and Falcons to fall, but I'm not ready to demote the Packers from #2.  Top six OK?

Right...we have not yet beaten  a team with a winning record.

We currently have the 4th best record in the AFC.  Fact.

What was the official drop stat on that game?  That is an official stat now, right?  I keep reading that LaFell had 11 drops, but I think they only credited him with 3 official.

The one team I think people are underrating is the Panthers.  I know they have no weapons at WR but Cam is playing out of his mind and they have a really good defense.  They also beat the Seahawks on the road.  Their biggest test comes in two weeks against the Packers at home.

What was the official drop stat on that game?  That is an official stat now, right?  I keep reading that LaFell had 11 drops, but I think they only credited him with 3 official.

I don't know.  Do they track that?  Is it like wild pitches and passed balls?  They were saying eleven and twelve after the game.  I heard Bo Bo had six.  There were a lot of dropped balls, though, and that hampered the Pats -- especially in the first half.  There are always dropped balls, but there seemed to be a lot in this game.

The one team I think people are underrating is the Panthers.  I know they have no weapons at WR but Cam is playing out of his mind and they have a really good defense.  They also beat the Seahawks on the road.  Their biggest test comes in two weeks against the Packers at home.

Carolina (15-20, 0-0-6, 52, 28/7)
Sun 9/13        @ Jacksonville    W 20 - 9 (2-5)
Sun 9/20        Houston    W 24 - 17 (2-5)
Sun 9/27        New Orleans    W 27 - 22 (3-4)
Sun 10/4        @ Tampa Bay    W 37 - 23 (2-4)
          BYE    
Sun 10/18        @ Seattle    W 27 - 23 (3-4)
Sun 10/25        Philadelphia    W 27 - 16 (3-4)

My eyeballs tell me they are good, but who have they beaten?  Looking forward to the Packers game almost as I am looking forward to Packers vs Broncos.  The season is about to start getting interesting.

Carolina (15-20, 0-0-6, 52, 28/7)
Sun 9/13        @ Jacksonville    W 20 - 9 (2-5)
Sun 9/20        Houston    W 24 - 17 (2-5)
Sun 9/27        New Orleans    W 27 - 22 (3-4)
Sun 10/4        @ Tampa Bay    W 37 - 23 (2-4)
          BYE    
Sun 10/18        @ Seattle    W 27 - 23 (3-4)
Sun 10/25        Philadelphia    W 27 - 16 (3-4)

My eyeballs tell me they are good, but who have they beaten?  Looking forward to the Packers game almost as I am looking forward to Packers vs Broncos.  The season is about to start getting interesting.

Panthers are really really good.

Shooting for eleven straight regular seasons wins. They play hard and they play physical. Any team that goes into Seattle and wins gets my respect.

I think the Jets are a top 5 team but I dont think they're better than the Pack. I do believe they're better than the Broncos though. 

Jets have played 2 good teams this year (Pats and Eagles) and they lost both games.

Maybe they will face off against a 4-12 team in the opening round of the playoffs.

or....maybe they will beat the Patriots in the playoffs like the last time the two teams met in the post season?

Jets have played 2 good teams this year (Pats and Eagles) and they lost both games.

Maybe they will face off against a 4-12 team in the opening round of the playoffs.

Agree, obviously, on Pats. Not so sure about Eagles. The NFL is so watered down now, it's really hard to tell who is really any good. Or bad.

I wouldn't say top 5, but they have a very solid formula.  they have been bitten by the injury bug, but they have good depth this year.  Its a very pleasant surprise considering they have a rookie HC and DC and new OC.

Ivory is the team MVP, they go as he goes.  We all need to pray for his health every week

Top 10 sure.  Top 5, I'm not there yet.  Problem is, based on our upcoming schedule, we don't play any great teams for a while.  So all the Jets can hopefully do is go out and take care of business.  Perhaps flying under the radar a bit.  

If the team can win consistently vs low/mid-range teams then we definitely have something.  Won't be able to say anything like top 5 though unless/until they beat the Pats at home or maybe Dallas (if they get things rolling with Dez n Romo).

Archived