QBs we're linked to...

Integrity28

YOU derailed the thread by mocking me w/ that "hot take" comment when I made my comment based on some folks thinking we can bring in a difference maker for this season.  Please get back on topic.

Yea, and it was a cutting, seething personal attack too. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say it was a personal attack but it was off topic and you came after me.  you come after me I come right back and make you look foolish.  I can't believe you want to keep playing this game.

Anyway, to bring it back on topic... the only thing I'm seeing on Twiter over and over is about Jared Lorenzen tweeting the Jets. If there's activity, none of it is being leaked. 

That would make the 2nd time this year he's asked the Jets to sign him.  He tweeted about it when Geno got punched too.  He's basically a desperate fat chick at this point, which means JiF would be his biggest fan.

I didn't say it was a personal attack but it was off topic and you came after me.  you come after me I come right back and make you look foolish.  I can't believe you want to keep playing this game.

Remember, whoever stops feeling the need to respond first is the bigger man...

That would make the 2nd time this year he's asked the Jets to sign him.  He tweeted about it when Geno got punched too.  He's basically a desperate fat chick at this point, which means JiF would be his biggest fan.

Well JiF wouldn't have to worry about Shade Tree then..:) Send Coples to the Fins for Matt Moore..

My wish list:

1. Glennon (if he can be had for a 4th, which is in no way certain). He's in game shape and would be playing for a new contract. I'm sure he'd love to get off Tampa now. Would cost us virtually zero cap-wise, since he'd be taking the roster space of another minimum-salary player on the roster.

The big problem with this is that if it actually happened, we'd have to ban Villain for *at least* 48 hours to prevent the board from melting.

And I like Villain!

So because some people are incorrectly assuming the QB we trade for would supplant Geno right away, you feel the need to question the reasons for discussing the topic?  I don't think anyone is thinking a Chase Daniel or even a Mike Glennon would start right away for us.  But the fact is that the trade deadline is Tuesday, we have two QB's dealing with injuries, and it's still a position of need for this team.  If we can acquire a capable backup QB/potential starting QB now rather than waiting for the offseason, the front office will do it.

child please..  the last 24 hours have been 1 giant Geno sucks thread.   I've been annoyed at having to read hundreds of insanely critical posts about Geno so when I see that followed up with even more insane recommendations for a QB I have to speak up.  Mettenberger is worse than Geno..   Glennon is not getting traded..  No one is giving up a 4th rounder for Chase Daniels.. 

People are free to talk about how bad Geno is or how QB X would be great here,  just like I am free to tell them why I think they're crazy.  That's what makes these message board things work.

So because some people are incorrectly assuming the QB we trade for would supplant Geno right away, you feel the need to question the reasons for discussing the topic?  I don't think anyone is thinking a Chase Daniel or even a Mike Glennon would start right away for us.  But the fact is that the trade deadline is Tuesday, we have two QB's dealing with injuries, and it's still a position of need for this team.  If we can acquire a capable backup QB/potential starting QB now rather than waiting for the offseason, the front office will do it.

Chase Daniel would go into the Jets Ring of Honor by Thursday

child please..  the last 24 hours have been 1 giant Geno sucks thread.   I've been annoyed at having to read hundreds of insanely critical posts about Geno so when I see that followed up with even more insane recommendations for a QB I have to speak up.  Mettenberger is worse than Geno..   Glennon is not getting traded..  No one is giving up a 4th rounder for Chase Daniels.. 

People are free to talk about how bad Geno is or how QB X would be great here,  just like I am free to tell them why I think they're crazy.  That's what makes these message board things work.

This thread was not intended to have much to do with Geno, however you want to read into it.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is hurt and we need a buffer between Geno and Petty.  Whether or not you think Geno is "the guy" doesn't mean the QB discussion at hand is intended to be directed towards finding a QB to come in and take the reins.  It's Geno's job right now.  But we'd be stupid not to kick the tires about QB's around the league, especially if we can land a QB with some upside for the future.  Fitzpatrick is a free agent after the season and Geno has 1 year left on his contract.  We don't exactly have a ton of stability to work with at the position.

I get that you're pissed about your hero being made fun of.  Even I have tried to be generally supportive because I didn't like the Jets fans I was watching the game with on Sunday CHEERING when Geno got hurt and they put Fitz back in. 

This thread was not intended to have much to do with Geno, however you want to read into it.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is hurt and we need a buffer between Geno and Petty.  Whether or not you think Geno is "the guy" doesn't mean the QB discussion at hand is intended to be directed towards finding a QB to come in and take the reins.  It's Geno's job right now.  But we'd be stupid not to kick the tires about QB's around the league, especially if we can land a QB with some upside for the future.  Fitzpatrick is a free agent after the season and Geno has 1 year left on his contract.  We don't exactly have a ton of stability to work with at the position.

I get that you're pissed about your hero being made fun of.  Even I have tried to be generally supportive because I didn't like the Jets fans I was watching the game with on Sunday CHEERING when Geno got hurt and they put Fitz back in. 

Take a swipe at one of mine I'm taking a swipe at 2 of yours.

Good Gawd.  He has less muscle tone than leonard Williams. 

HEYYYYYYY  thats a point that really bothers me...you look at other teams and they have players who look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and then you look at the Jets and nobody on the OLine has huge muscles and yes the "sons" and Williams are BIG but they dont have huge muscles...at least Davis has some (tho he cant tackle or take a proper angle) and Harris has some - but these guys look just plain wimpy compared to other teams.   Babin was diesel and so was Antawn Barnes - I know having muslces doesn't make you a great player and it can even impair flexibility - but sheesh do any of the Jets lift?

but he's a south paw..  how about someone realistic.

I'm sure it'll be Flynn. He knows the offense and we won't have to give up anything to get him. You said it yourself in another thread: people have this pipe dream that we'll flip a 6 for a guy like Glennon or Daniel, who will then somehow learn the offense and build chemistry with our line and receivers in the middle of the season. I'm not excited about watching Geno either, but it is what it is.

HEYYYYYYY  thats a point that really bothers me...you look at other teams and they have players who look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and then you look at the Jets and nobody on the OLine has huge muscles and yes the "sons" and Williams are BIG but they dont have huge muscles...at least Davis has some (tho he cant tackle or take a proper angle) and Harris has some - but these guys look just plain wimpy compared to other teams.   Babin was diesel and so was Antawn Barnes - I know having muslces doesn't make you a great player and it can even impair flexibility - but sheesh do any of the Jets lift?

You know who had muscles?

42632d1296945740-do-you-agree-posters-qu

True Dat.. 93f0d-Vernon.jpg

Archived