QBs we're linked to...

Integrity28

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGIII intrigues me. Has a lot to prove, but despite 2 separate coaching staffs making him the bad guy he coming out of Baylor was seen as every good and coachable guy. His game needs to be retooled, but he's a smart fellow. Lot of dumb press people see dreads and forget he is a military brat who was loved by his college team and coaches.  Think he is primed to resurrect his career. And even if he fails you'd be giving up a conditional late rounder.

I wouldnt touch him. People talk about Geno's "leadership" and I think its overblown. RG3 on the otherhand is a headcase. The dude wasnt even suited this season until like 2 weeks ago. 

How the heck to you fall that far from grace and it not be due to injury? It's one thing to lose your job, its another for your coach to not even want to discuss you, name a known scrub the starter and not even suit you up in case said starter plays badly or gets hurt. 

RG3 is out of this league as soon as the Redskins are able to cut him, either that or he'll be the quarterback version of Trent Richardson. 

I think an option like Daniel would be a lot cheaper than Glennon. Glennon being actually one of the best backups in the game, while Daniel is due to be a free agent this season. Worth a shot, IMO, we have two 7ths if I'm not mistaken. I'd rather take this low-risk, potentially high-reward backup QB in Daniel, than watch Matt Flynn eventually take snaps from Geno (if Fitz is out a while).

I hate to say it, but of all QB's that are even remotely a possibility, Sanchez has the most experience and has shown the most when out there with talent on the field.  He did a half decent job for PHI in relief last year and frankly he's a better QB than Geno whether you want to be honest and admit that or not. 

I'm sure it'll be Flynn. He knows the offense and we won't have to give up anything to get him. You said it yourself in another thread: people have this pipe dream that we'll flip a 6 for a guy like Glennon or Daniel, who will then somehow learn the offense and build chemistry with our line and receivers in the middle of the season. I'm not excited about watching Geno either, but it is what it is.

I suspect your right, in the end it will be Flynn.  Thing is, they could have had Flynn signed by 8 pm last night.  Think the delay is they are actually negotiating for some one they think could start if need be.  Might be Daniel.  That's  the only name that's been leaked so far.

HEYYYYYYY  thats a point that really bothers me...you look at other teams and they have players who look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and then you look at the Jets and nobody on the OLine has huge muscles and yes the "sons" and Williams are BIG but they dont have huge muscles...at least Davis has some (tho he cant tackle or take a proper angle) and Harris has some - but these guys look just plain wimpy compared to other teams.   Babin was diesel and so was Antawn Barnes - I know having muslces doesn't make you a great player and it can even impair flexibility - but sheesh do any of the Jets lift?

Is this a serious post

Geno Smith will be the starter Sunday.  You know it.  I know it.  Everyone knows it.  With Fitzmagic's injury history, this was inevitable.  Eventually, we'd have to rely on Geno.

So get on board the GENO TRAIN!!!  WE ARE RUNNING OVER SOME JAGUARS THIS SUNDAY!!!

Choo-choo!!!!

Geno Smith will be the starter Sunday.  You know it.  I know it.  Everyone knows it.  With Fitzmagic's injury history, this was inevitable.  Eventually, we'd have to rely on Geno.

So get on board the GENO TRAIN!!!  WE ARE RUNNING OVER SOME JAGUARS THIS SUNDAY!!!

Choo-choo!!!!

Genooooooooooooooooooooo and some journeyman backup probably Flynn........ ITS THE JETS ITS HOW THEY ROLL

The Jets are not linked to him. I had hoped to constrain this thread to rumors that actually link us to players, not bickering about Geno, and not more joewilly fapping over the same guys you fap over in every thread.

why don't you just make all the posts you filthy ape

Choo-choo!!!!

Geno doesn't sound too healthy right now either. I wouldn't be surprised if neither Fitz nor Geno play this week. It's getting that crazy.

Choo-choo!!!!

http://blogforarizona.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/trainwreck.jpg

Archived