Please stop saying Fitzpatrick is the guy...

CobraVerde

vanished trying to bring him home so we can all enjoy together and wait now the rule is you can't bump a thread where an anti fitz person wasnt right? For months the pro geno crowd had no problem calling the rest of us morons but as soon as they are proven wrong it's "move on Jeez"

I never said it was a rule or that there was some rule in place. I'm only commenting on what I've been watching you do. Thats all. And there's no rule against calling it out. 

Thats why I said, it looks like you're trolling. You didnt just make a comment to Verde, you also quoted Cantwait.....and spoke on what he said a month ago saying that it was so ridiculous after the fact. I was just wondering why I couldnt see your position in this thread back in November. 

Its one thing to bump a thread, but you're doing more than that. But I said my peace. I'll read your response then move on. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said it was a rule or that there was some rule in place. I'm only commenting on what I've been watching you do. Thats all. And there's no rule against calling it out. 

Thats why I said, it looks like you're trolling. You didnt just make a comment to Verde, you also quoted Cantwait.....and spoke on what he said a month ago saying that it was so ridiculous after the fact. I was just wondering why I couldnt see your position in this thread back in November. 

Its one thing to bump a thread, but you're doing more than that. But I said my peace. I'll read your response then move on. 

dude I have been pro fitz since before geno got jawed out by IK. I can't believe you are now saying I wasn't clear enough :)

dude I have been pro fitz since before geno got jawed out by IK. I can't believe you are now saying I wasn't clear enough :)

Na, I didnt say you werent pro fitz. Everyone had a position prior. Like I said, I've been watching you bump threads. When I came across this particular one I was looking for your original convo, but there was none because you never once commented in the thread. So it just came off as trolling, thats all. Thats why I commended. 

You supported Fitz, many of us didnt. 

Na, I didnt say you werent pro fitz. Everyone had a position prior. Like I said, I've been watching you bump threads. When I came across this particular one I was looking for your original convo, but there was none because you never once commented in the thread. So it just came off as trolling, thats all. Thats why I commended. 

You supported Fitz, many of us didnt. 

no shame we are all rooting for him now

Weird cause you have to get to the red zone to score from there, right? lol perhaps the most ridiculous criticism of a player of all time. "He can only score from the red zone... where he drives the team quite frequently."

He can only score when he throws the ball to someone and they cross the plane of the end zone...or runs it in himself! Worst QB ever :(

The only thing Fitz has shown is that he can play solid ball with the most talent this Jets team has had in decades. Thats not taking anything away from him, but 

... but it sets the table nicely for some idiotic logic that gets disproven on a weekly basis.  

Jgb is the man. LOL at the haters.

I just can't wait for Sanchez to turn into Montana or Brady in his next reincarnation!

Boy then I will have a post for ya!!! 

Look I was one of the biggest Sanchez boosters on record but I was wrong   about him. 

I WAS WRONG!!!!

We're fans not God and we are gong to be wrong at times.  No problem but let's not harm each other.  

Come on guys   

The Conquering Hero wants us to end all this bickering and follow him to victory, together, united.  jgb, you've been doing the Lord's work, and Fitzy appreciates it I'm sure, but let's not fight anymore.  We're 8-5 and every game is a playoff game now.  We're all in.  Let's do this.  Together.

Yeah I think we will have to put a limit on retrieving threads-I have been wrong so many times in life but I do not think on this idea hah

Keep in mind there's a difference between being simply wrong and the months long campaign of trashing a player who'd never worn the jersey of, much less let down the NY Jets.  Go read the idiocy rampant in the earlier in this thread and then multiply that by a couple dozen more threads. If Fitz came out and was, like his two predecessors at QB, the worst player on the field multiple times then I'd understand and likely partake in the bashing. But that was never the case here. Not even close.  

So we move on, but with the utter nonsense duly noted. 

I think the biggest point being missed here is that @jgb is bumping threads for people who were attacking fans who were willing to give Fitz a chance.  If you have the option to say  "I wholeheartedly disagree" but instead you say "anyone who supports Fitz is a moron" or "doesn't know anything about football"....maybe getting called out makes the conversation a bit more respectful next time.

Keep in mind there's a difference between being simply wrong and the months long campaign of trashing a player who'd never worn the jersey of, much less let down the NY Jets.  Go read the idiocy rampant in the earlier in this thread and then multiply that by a couple dozen more threads. If Fitz came out and was, like his two predecessors at QB, the worst player on the field multiple times then I'd understand and likely partake in the bashing. But that was never the case here. Not even close.  

So we move on, but with the utter nonsense duly noted. 

lmao!

I think the biggest point being missed here is that @jgb is bumping threads for people who were attacking fans who were willing to give Fitz a chance.  If you have the option to say  "I wholeheartedly disagree" but instead you say "anyone who supports Fitz is a moron" or "doesn't know anything about football"....maybe getting called out makes the conversation a bit more respectful next time.

Fans attack one another every day so this is obviously not about that. 

Fans attack one another every day so this is obviously not about that. 

Just a theory...I don't know why it still shocks me when people consistently yell and scream that they're right about something without just disagreeing respectfully.  To each his own, I suppose.

Just a theory...I don't know why it still shocks me when people consistently yell and scream that they're right about something without just disagreeing respectfully.  To each his own, I suppose.

It's because there are no consequences. That is why these threads are being brought back to provide a deterrent against such belligerence in the future. 

My opinion is that I respectfully predict it wont work, and that next years' class of FAs, and rookies will begin a whole new round of bashing, and defending.  

name me Fitzy's signature win this yr and I will shut up. Did he beat a team over 500? He has 1 more chance vs NE. 

It's because there are no consequences. That is why these threads are being brought back to provide a deterrent against such belligerence in the future. 

My opinion is that I respectfully predict it wont work, and that next years' class of FAs, and rookies will begin a whole new round of bashing, and defending.  

I agree that it wont work, and thats why I also think it had nothing to with being a deterrent. Think about it. If it really worked, 90% of the posters here wouldnt post. 

The other 10% would be the mods with no one to moderate. Also, I bumped a thread from the same person doing the same thing just on a different topic. Not saying that to put jgb on front street. Im saying it because we all do it. I do it, he does it, you probably do it and a good portion of the forums ideas are based on it. 

Say if Fitz lose these last 3 games. The people who are getting handled today with use this exact excuse to say "we're doing it as a deterrent" 

I agree that it wont work, and thats why I also think it had nothing to with being a deterrent. Think about it. If it really worked, 90% of the posters here wouldnt post. 

The other 10% would be the mods with no one to moderate. Also, I bumped a thread from the same person doing the same thing just on a different topic. Not saying that to put jgb on front street. Im saying it because we all do it. I do it, he does it, you probably do it and a good portion of the forums ideas are based on it. 

Nope. I may have done that when I was around 25, but I learned my lesson the first time I had an epiphany. Now I premise everything I say with as far as I know, or in all probability. No one should ever be sure of anything, unless they've never been wrong about anything they were sure of. 

Every opinion is based on something, and if everyone does not agree, then maybe you need to try and see things from their perspective to fortify your position. It makes for much more compelling arguments when you understand their point of view at the very least. 

Nope. I may have done that when I was around 25, but I learned my lesson the first time I had an epiphany. Now I premise everything I say with as far as I know, or in all probability. No one should ever be sure of anything, unless they've never been wrong about anything they were sure of. 

Every opinion is based on something, and if everyone does not agree, then maybe you need to try and see things from their perspective to fortify your position. It makes for much more compelling arguments when you understand their point of view at the very least. 

This isnt about being "sure", this is about giving your opinion. But if you're fighting amongst one another then what that really means is that both parties are doing the exact same thing. You cant entertain it then say you had nothing to do with it and you were being bullied. 

Also, having something done to you then doing it the moment you have an opportunity isnt called "acting like a deterrent" They were in their emotions then needed to release their feelings  when they got opportunity. If you really want to be the deterrent then when your opportunity arise then instead of doing the same...you need to "be the example". Of course we dont want to be the example, we want to play tit for tat then tell the people currently on the receiving end to "be the example now that you know how it feels". We both know thats not how it works. 

Now im not saying for things to change, this is football talk and deep down we all respect one another. Im just saying to keep it 100. Dont hide behind excuses simply because you want to do what someone else was able to do a month or two ago. 

I get it all the time. I was told by someone a few days ago how my constant talk about Fitz made the forum unreadable, but they never once put me on ignore. We really want the things we say we dont want, and we like to gang up on people yet say its because we were "bullied" so on and so forth. I've been the same way on this forum since 08. A semi-troll but has good points here an there, then when I go to a football game and meet some of these guys is always respectful....get back online then proceed to semi-troll lol. 

Fitzpatrick may not be the "long-term guy," but he's earned his place here for at least 2-3 seasons until hopefully Bryce Petty can be the long-term answer, or some other young prospect.

Honestly I don't think we're realistically finding anyone in the free agent or trade market who's as good as Fitz.

Fitzpatrick may not be the "long-term guy," but he's earned his place here for at least 2-3 seasons until hopefully Bryce Petty can be the long-term answer, or some other young prospect.

Honestly I don't think we're realistically finding anyone in the free agent or trade market who's as good as Fitz.

2-3 years not even including this one i think is considered long term. Thats pretty much a full contract. If the Jets can continue to function like this on offense then it wont be a problem, for as long as we remain balanced. If we start having to rely on Fitzpatrick to create the offense then it may be a different story. 

He's not that type of QB, but he is showing to be a good QB in an offense with stars/superstars surrounding him. 

Archived