STOP THE WHINING! OUR MARCH TO THE PLAYOFFS STARTS WITH THE DOLPHIN GAME

JetsFanatic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the Dolphins more than any team in the NFL they claimed Coples who will give up all the info on our game plan and defense schemes. We need Revis and Mangold . I don't see us winning this game without them. F**k I hate the Dolphins

heh I hope he does give Miami all our defensive schemes then Bowles will be forced to change it up from the garbage he's been putting out there every week.

heh I hope he does give Miami all our defensive schemes then Bowles will be forced to change it up from the garbage he's been putting out there every week.

Funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing since Bowles has been know for his adversity on defense especially with injured players and changing of schemes. It just seems every team has figured our D out.  Especially given the fact that we lost to the Texans with TJ Yates at the helm, WTF.

Look at the Kansas City Chiefs schedule and you'll know why we aren't making the playoffs.

9-7 would be nice though, and we'd get a shot to knock the Bills out of the dance which would make New Year's somewhat enjoyable.

SAR I

Actually look at our schedule, it can't be much easier than ours. We play only one team that currently has a winning record.  Also our next three games are in our stadium!  Only 2 games remaining that require real travel.

Actually look at our schedule, it can't be much easier than ours. We play only one team that currently has a winning record.  Also our next three games are in our stadium!  Only 2 games remaining that require real travel.

Those teams also look at the Jets on the schedule and chalk it up as an easy win.

Just like the Eagles, Raiders, Bills and Texans did.

Those teams also look at the Jets on the schedule and chalk it up as an easy win.

Just like the Eagles, Raiders, Bills and Texans did.

That statement applies to all 5-5 teams.  I was just making the point that the Chiefs schedule can't be much more favorable than the Jets.

Look at the Kansas City Chiefs schedule and you'll know why we aren't making the playoffs.

9-7 would be nice though, and we'd get a shot to knock the Bills out of the dance which would make New Year's somewhat enjoyable.

SAR I

Moral victories,Snoopy Bowls aren't doing it for me,sorry. 

Well, my advice to you would be to take a vacation from Jets football until 2018 because that's when the rebuild will be over and we'll be ready to compete seriously.

SAR I

You are nuts!!!!!!!  Do you realize how many guys wont be on this team in 2018 take a look around we aren't getting any younger. This team this season was built to take a shot what happened along the way WHO THE HELL KNOWS!!!!

You are nuts!!!!!!!  Do you realize how many guys wont be on this team in 2018 take a look around we aren't getting any younger. This team this season was built to take a shot what happened along the way WHO THE HELL KNOWS!!!!

I fully realize how many players won't be on the team in 2018.  And that's because they are either 1) old right now or 2) aren't good enough to remain on the roster.

We are a 4-12 team that has been upgraded just enough to achieve an 8-8 performance.  That is quite an improvement from the prior year.  Just because the NFL served up weaklings in the first 5 weeks doesn't mean our 4-1 record was indicative of our talent level.  We aren't a "win now" team that was carefully built through the draft.  We are a rebuild built from the bitter dregs of the Ryan era with some lousy picks from the Idzik era and some expensive free agents from the Maccagnan era.  We're not the 1995 Yankees on the cusp of greatness; we're the 1991 Yankees, watching Steve Sax on his last legs and waiting for Derek Jeter to be added.

SAR I

Love the title of this thread...pretty sure a poster has started a thread with this exact name for our last 3 or 4 games (insert Raiders, insert Bills, insert Texans, now insert Dolphins)...guess we have some fans that think they're a broken clock...

Let's see our team look like a play-off team in an actual legit game for the first time in 6 weeks and then maybe making the play-offs would actually matter.  Im not sure making the play-offs would be a good thing for this team...

• 1 month later...

IM PROUD TO SAY THIS IS THE THREAD THAT STARTED IT ALL!!!

Isn't it funny reading back?  People seem to think they KNOW what is going to happen, like they have some mystical power to predict the future.  Very little separates teams in the NFL, and confidence and chemistry go a long way.  

We think the Jets are the only team that loses games they are supposed to win...the Steelers sure showed us that no one is immune.  The Jets also don't make all the questionable coaching decisions (see Seahawks goal line pass).  This isn't college football or basketball, where Syracuse plays Colgate or Notre Dame plays UMASS and the physical limitations of the smaller schools jumping up a division makes an upset nearly impossible.

ALL the receivers run about 4.4...ALL the offensive linemen are about 310 pounds...yes, there are a handful of exceptional players that shift the balance of power or make team competitive every year, but mostly that is because they have an IQ or work ethic edge.  I'm sure there are lineman who are stronger than JJ Watt, and run faster, but he has a rare gift to put it together and more importantly do it every play. Brady is certainly not the most talented athlete of all the QB's, but there is no denying his excellence.

And yes, there is a fall-off from All Pro First String players to second string...but it's not absolute like a D1 school playing a D3 school.

Bottom line is no one knows the future, as this thread clearly shows...especially some of the more vocal posters.

IM PROUD TO SAY THIS IS THE THREAD THAT STARTED IT ALL!!!

kudos for the confidence !!

I have to give an assist to my buddy who got a custom authentic jersey before the miami game and has been wearing it for every game tho, lol

all lucky charms on deck !!!

Archived