Our Over Rated NY Jets

Smashmouth

We have heard and seen all these stories about teams that turn it around and get hot down the stretch the Giants did it 2 times wonder if the Jets can surprise the world for once and pull something like that off ... I remember when the Chargers started off like 0-4 one year and the entire media was making fun of them and rightfully so they were a laughing stock then they belted off 10 straight wins. Even the Jets of 2002 when Penny took over and we looked like a totally different team.

LOL nah

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say he's a good QB based on what I have seen him do. He's never played with a good offense or a good football team and he's is certainly not to blame for this team underachieving . Just so your aware the Jets have not beat many 500 + teams either .... if you want to blame some crappy bills teams and a Texans team that packed it in last year on Fitz than you are the one who needs to re-evaluate. Fitz moves this offense and he has made the plays to win and drops and tipped balls by his own receivers have killed this team. not Fitz.

Smash, there is a reason why Fitz has been unloaded by so many teams.

He sucks as a NFL QB.

Jets brought him in as a stop-gap measure, and there is nothing wrong with that move.

But please, don't try and justify that he is a good QB.

He pretty much sucks.

He sucks as a NFL QB.

Jets brought him in as a stop-gap measure, and there is nothing wrong with that move.

He pretty much sucks.

On a scale from 1-10 Fitz over a season is about a 4 to 5 depending on the team he's playing with..

really kind of sad  I had high expectations for this team based on the way we built up the defense they are just way too inconsistent to win anything at this stage.

I saw that the turnovers they were getting were masking some serious issues, but fooled myself into thinking this team might be pretty good

lol

He sucks as a NFL QB.

He pretty much sucks.

yeah and a few drops away from beating the Patriots. A few more pieces to the puzzle and the Jets could have a very nice ball control offense with Fitz at the helm.

He plays the position well but he can't do it all himself, players at some point have to make plays and our offense is not doing that. We have No TE and no pass catching RB and you as a Patriot fan should totally understand the importance of that. Brady makes a living on the 10 yard pass but no one criticizes him because the team wins and scores at will because of the system hes been running for 15+ years that's why they can plug im player after player and still succeed. Its just as much the System as it is Tom Brady its a major plus when a QB can be in the same system for that long and its also very rare in the NFL.

I saw that the turnovers they were getting were masking some serious issues, but fooled myself into thinking this team might be pretty good

lol

very true but I though the new scheme was going to create more turnovers consistently because the corners were not having to focus som much on one man that they could not turn for the football in Rex's scheme I guess I was wrong as well. We need new young players on Defense in a big way.

Overrated based onAugust predictions? No.

Overrated based on week 6 predictions? Hell yeah! 

The thing that really really pisses me off we have a big big game against the bills at home in prime time and they sh*t the bed. 

ok ok ok..we caught some breaks during the same week so we have a reprieve and have ANOTHER big big game against Houston and TJ f-ing Yates and, again, sh*t the bed. 

The jets are pretenders. At this point, even a dominant win against the dolphins won't convince me they are anything more than that.

What  do you think this teams record would be if our superstar D-line played up to expectations and totally destroyed and disrupted every QB we played against ? That scenario was certainly in the cards ...We seemed to be built exactly like the Seahawks of the past few years who made QB's lives miserable and pressed WR's shutting them down. We also had a back in the mold of Marshawn Lynch and pounder and beast a... OMG he's hurt again. Two nice possession WR's and a good pass blocking O-line. Only real weaknesses I saw was TE and receiving back so no check downs for Fitz .... We were also supposed to be a great run blocking team hell we've done it before now all of a sudden we can't block anyone.

This team was set up to win and it seems we are failing at positions that were supposed to be our strong suit so once again I ask who is to blame ? Do these players have no heart constantly coming out flat as hell or do they just not buy into Bowles System ? Bad teams or not we were 4-1 and seemed to be playing good football. The question was what would happen once they really got all the schemes down pat ...you know that had to be the question and so what did we get ? This team is progressively getting worse . That's not good and it tells me if it keeps up get ready for a huge house cleaning of players and maybe even a few coaches April and  Rodgers. you don't build with old washed up players young replace them with you enthusiastic ones.

are you kidding? the best unit on the Seahawks is the LB corps including the middle and the edge rushers  , Seahawks has the best LB corps on the league , we have the worst

have you ever seen the Seahawks play? the LB's are flying to the football , I think their LB's are faster then our WR's

also they have the best FS and SS in the league , playing at the same team.

they are also built very differently  , we put premium into the DL and draft first rounders  , they just rotate a bunch of big guys but make sure the LB 's and safeties are top notch

I think the Seahawks are the complete opposite of us , they draft and sign athletic fast players who can play side to side while we draft and sign big dudes who clog the middle but are slow and cant play in coverage 

are you kidding? the best unit on the Seahawks is the LB corps including the middle and the edge rushers  , Seahawks has the best LB corps on the league , we have the worst

have you ever seen the Seahawks play? the LB's are flying to the football , I think their LB's are faster then our WR's

also they have the best FS and SS in the league , playing at the same team.

they are also built very differently  , we put premium into the DL and draft first rounders  , they just rotate a bunch of big guys but make sure the LB 's and safeties are top notch

I think the Seahawks are the complete opposite of us , they draft and sign athletic fast players who can play side to side while we draft and sign big dudes who clog the middle but are slow and cant play in coverage 

I was not comparing them directly position by position ...I was comparing playing good defense and running a smash mouth offense with a bruising RB just like the Seahawks. I

'm well aware of the Seahawks LB and Safety positions and they were virtually the same when we were one of the top defense in the NFL they just did it in different ways then we did .... If you're going to compare individual players that was not my intention. We were a great defense vs the run and we upped our secondary with what we all thought was a lot of talent in the end if you shut down the running game and the passing game your gonna be good and at one point we were number one over all and number 1 in just about every defensive category while the Hawks were flailing all over the field so where were those fast LB's then ?

That's my point Savage.

Just because he wears Jets green does not make him a good QB.

Stop with the wearing green crap Tx if that was the case I would be touting Geno at this stage and you know that POS wont play here again. I think the Jets have had some decent QB's come through here some with more potential than others . Obviously not world beaters like Brady but they also did not have the luxury's Brady has either. Its not easy being a QB with terrible OC's and the system constantly changing and playing with players off of other teams practice squads and some off the street some drunk and some thugs and malcontents.

very true but I though the new scheme was going to create more turnovers consistently because the corners were not having to focus som much on one man that they could not turn for the football in Rex's scheme I guess I was wrong as well. We need new young players on Defense in a big way.

bowles has been tough to figure out.  as a parcells guy, he has no balls and takes no risks.  he blitzes db's, but big deal everybody does that.

where is the fake punt ? surprise onsides ?

the defense has been addressed every year.  its time to invest on the O and ST's again

Fitz is not a good QB.

He has never had a winning season in his 10+ NFL career.

He hasn't beat a .500 plus team since 2011.

Seriously, how can you possibly say this guy is a "good" QB?

Just because he wears a Jets uniform?????

+5 turnovers, 134 yds rushing and he can win games.  The margin for error is minuscule .  Team is not that good.  D line should be flogged and held without food.  

according to you we should have signed every FA available and you put up about 500 trades we should have made before the deadline so why bother with such a terrible QB ?

Fitz is not a terrible QB he's a good QB ...NOT GREAT but good and usually when you put all the right pieces in place a good QB can get it done. But we don't have all the pieces in place since we are missing 2 very important roles on offense that would certainly open things up, a TE of which we have absolutely no one and a RB, it would be the same if I suited up and played and I'm 51 years old in the case of a TE. We also have no threat out of the backfield that can make people miss and catch the damn ball when said QB has no other option.

Would have been dynamic if we drafted Gurley 6th over all .. I wanted him in the worst way or any young RB for that matter then you would be talking a very different tune about Fitz I promise you. Instead we have a Rookie on a unit that was once considered the strongest on the team but they can't apply pressure consistently so WTF good are they . Might as well plug in a bunch of Occupying JAG's and guild up the LB corp. like most good defenses that run in the 3-4 do.

Fitz is a JAG yea yea I know Gurley yes I agree we didnt draft him we are stuck with what we have a 5-5 team with a sh*tty QB 

What  do you think this teams record would be if our superstar D-line played up to expectations and totally destroyed and disrupted every QB we played against ? That scenario was certainly in the cards ...We seemed to be built exactly like the Seahawks of the past few years who made QB's lives miserable and pressed WR's shutting them down. We also had a back in the mold of Marshawn Lynch and pounder and beast a... OMG he's hurt again. Two nice possession WR's and a good pass blocking O-line. Only real weaknesses I saw was TE and receiving back so no check downs for Fitz .... We were also supposed to be a great run blocking team hell we've done it before now all of a sudden we can't block anyone.

This team was set up to win and it seems we are failing at positions that were supposed to be our strong suit so once again I ask who is to blame ? Do these players have no heart constantly coming out flat as hell or do they just not buy into Bowles System ? Bad teams or not we were 4-1 and seemed to be playing good football. The question was what would happen once they really got all the schemes down pat ...you know that had to be the question and so what did we get ? This team is progressively getting worse . That's not good and it tells me if it keeps up get ready for a huge house cleaning of players and maybe even a few coaches April and  Rodgers. you don't build with old washed up players young replace them with you enthusiastic ones.

While certain small pieces of a contending NFL team are currently in place, the vast majority of our team is very much a work in progress. 

To our GM's credit, he spent his necessary cap money smartly and it got us off to a surprisingly strong start, getting some fans on the playoff superhighway.  But injuries and tougher opponents exposed us for the rebuild that we are.  An 8-8 record from 4-12 the year prior is quite an accomplishment.  Let's see if we can achieve just that.

SAR I

Stop with the wearing green crap Tx if that was the case I would be touting Geno at this stage and you know that POS wont play here again. I think the Jets have had some decent QB's come through here some with more potential than others . Obviously not world beaters like Brady but they also did not have the luxury's Brady has either. Its not easy being a QB with terrible OC's and the system constantly changing and playing with players off of other teams practice squads and some off the street some drunk and some thugs and malcontents.

Come on Smash, I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

But to insinuate that Fitz is a "good" NFL QB is just wrong.

However, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I have no problem with the Williams pick on a BPA basis. But when you look at the makeup of the team we have spent a lot of picks on the DL and not one of them so far is a lights out scare the crap out of the opposing OC pass rusher. And worse good QBs are adjusting by getting their pass out quicker than ever before. I short the Jets have sunk a lot of resources into spots that don't matter as much as they used to unless you have a disruptive beast like JJ Watt. And we don't. They're all very good, but unless they're great, so what. 

I disagree, on paper we have what should have been the most dominating Defensive Line in Jet history...I mean look at my sig, I expected greatness and they have been pretty damn ordinary.

Paper mache.  DL was supposed to be dominant. they have been nothing but a dud.

MilkDuds.jpg

Pssst, "on paper" means $hit

You haven't figured that out yet?

You know wat I meant...Wilk, Shel, Snacks and Leonard coming into the season were expected to be a top DL if not the top one, in the league and you say its our LB's that are overrated? Around here its common knowledge coming into the season our weakest area on the Dee would be the LB's. They definitely aren't overrated even a little so I dont get your point.

This is the key... Folks exploit the edges on us game after game running away from the line

But that isnt the point of this thread...Yes I agree that LB is our weakest unit on Dee, but we knew this coming into the season. The point is which unit is most overrated, that would be the DL and DB's before Linebackers because none of us ever rated the LB's high in the first place.

But that isnt the point of this thread...Yes I agree that LB is our weakest unit on Dee, but we knew this coming into the season. The point is which unit is most overrated, that would be the DL and DB's before Linebackers because none of us ever rated the LB's high in the first place.

it is still the LB ... evaluating the performance of the other units must take into account what poor LB play does to them.

We can agree to disagree then

I don't completely disagree ... LW has been far less dominant than I was expecting ... Richardson has been disappointing ... Mo has been solid but nowhere near Watt.

the DL has been underwhelming ... secondary has been beat up.

1. Injuries

2. the return of Richardson with Bowles going more with a 4-3 instead of if it ain't broke don't fix it and staying with the 3-4 and having one more body to rotate in and out (I can't take credit for this.  I read it hear a little while ago and it rings true)

3. injuries

Fitz is not a good QB.

He has never had a winning season in his 10+ NFL career.

He hasn't beat a .500 plus team since 2011.

Seriously, how can you possibly say this guy is a "good" QB?

Just because he wears a Jets uniform?????

it kills me to say this but I fully agree. Fitz is a good backup who can hold the fort for a couple of games. Good QBs do not end up playing for 6 different teams. 

On paper the Jets are one of the more talented teams in the NFL...Our players just don't look like they want to be on the field, they don't look like they care if they win or not. But there really aren't many teams who have as much talent as we do unfortunately our talent isn't at the QB position.

I just don't see it, not at all. Depth plays into talent level as well, and we have zero depth. We have a talented Dline when it comes to stopping the run, but we generate no pass rush because we have no edge rushers, our LB'ers are middle of the pack talent wise, and we have some big names in the secondary, but Cro is shot, and Revis is not the Revis of 09. Our Oline is aging and not what it once was, and now is injured and the depth sucks. We have one talented RB, who is injured, and we have 2 wide-outs, one of which has been injured for weeks and beyond Marshall and Decker, there is just nothing there. And most important, we have a journeyman QB who can hold the fort, but he is not going to elevate a roster on his own. He can win with a talented roster, but he is not going to take scrubs and turn them into a good offense, very few QB's can do that. I think we are a middle of the pack talent wise roster, we are definitely not top 10, and definitely not bottom 10.

Bowles isn't using Kerley, Bowles, is sticking with Cro, Bowles is using more 4-3 while not having the correct personnel for that scheme, some if it is on Bowles.  I'm not down on the guy, he is a rookie HC, but he can't be discounted as ONE factor in the collapse. 

Archived