Jets TE Issue

kevinc855

Enunwa's progress has been slow, but I think the progress is there. Hopefully he continues and pulls it together.

Amaro is too much like a delicate flower; he's on the bottom of the roster and there's no power in his game. No worries though, I think the tight end issue will work itself out if we simply relax, take a deep breath, and just give it time. Besides, our wide receivers really know how to take it down the field.

Watching Witten doing well tonight for the Cowboys. I couldn't help but think to myself it must be nice to have a Tight End on your team.

Truth is we have the guy who led all rookie TE's in receptions while playing in an inept offense with two QB's who sucked last season. He has boat loads of potential and now that Decker and Marshall are established on this roster I could see Amaro really playing an important role next season. The coaching staff were employing a motivational tactic in my opinion during training camp. He would be the clear starter if his labia was not torn in preseason.

I know... what the hell does that do for us now?  Well the answer is It gives me a response to your post and that's about it. Yaaaay !

Truth is we have the guy who led all rookie TE's in receptions while playing in an inept offense with two QB's who sucked last season. He has boat loads of potential and now that Decker and Marshall are established on this roster I could see Amaro really playing an important role next season. The coaching staff were employing a motivational tactic in my opinion during training camp. He would be the clear starter if his labia was not torn in preseason.

I know... what the hell does that do for us now?  Well the answer is It gives me a response to your post and that's about it. Yaaaay !

Intentional or Freudian?

Cumberland certainly isn't an elite TE, but he has had flashes in the past,   Very disappointing.  Not all that impressed with Enunwa . i'm not really sure what  Amaro's future is here.  Not sure Bowles is the type to play head games by putting a player out with the trash to motivate him.  Guess we'll have to see what happens with Amaro next season.   

the Chan Gailey system doesn't use tight ends. It uses H Backs. The 3rd WR is more important to this team than the H back. 

Doesnt make a difference how many times we say this.

Enunwa is the H back and Amaro was slated to play the position

Amaro can't block. He's not really a fit for the way they are using Enunwa. 

Thats what I'm saying, he was slated to play the H back position.  Either because thats the way Chan plays it or because they dont think he'll ever be a good enough blocker to play a traditional TE spot

Amaro can't block. He's not really a fit for the way they are using Enunwa. 

He doesnt need to block like a road grading tackle.  He might be good enough to handle the H Back role in Chan's offense.  People were saying that CI couldnt catch but he has done rather well when asked to come out of the backfield this year imo.

no but he needs to block like Enunwa or convert fully to wide out. This front office wouldn't pick a Jace Amero. They'd have other priorities. 

Quite possibly, but it doesn't mean he still couldn't be a contributing factor on offense. Scott Chandler had a breakout season playing for the Bills when Gailey was there, Chan utilizes TE's. The bigger issue is Davis , who is supposed to be a good blocker but is really just a waste of roster spot.

Thats what I'm saying, he was slated to play the H back position.  Either because thats the way Chan plays it or because they dont think he'll ever be a good enough blocker to play a traditional TE spot

I don't have a clue what Amaro  was slated to do.  When last seen he was practicing on field #2 with the bubble players.

Interestingly enough, Cimini during one of his Q & A"s was asked what Amaro's role would be next year.  Cimini said he had no idea.  He hadn't seen him in the building since he was IR'ed, which is very unusual for an IR'd player who is under contract

I don't have a clue what Amaro  was slated to do.  When last seen he was practicing on field #2 with the bubble players.

Interestingly enough, Cimini during one of his Q & A"s was asked what Amaro's role would be next year.  Cimini said he had no idea.  He hadn't seen him in the building since he was IR'ed, which is very unusual for an IR'd player who is under contract

Could mean something or could mean Cimini hasn't seen him in the building.  He showed promise, would suck if he had issues a lot worse than we know or are guessing because after he was injured he was on a back field

Archived