Brady's suspension

alwaysajetfan

Does anyone know if he is going to serve the suspension Goodell decided for him? It won't happen because the NFL would lose money but I think he should now have to serve out his 4 game suspension beginning with their first playoff game and ending after he has missed a total of 4 games. I don't recall an athlete in team sports being suspended and got off by acting like a spoiled kid who doesn't take no for an answer.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if he is going to serve the suspension Goodell decided for him? It won't happen because the NFL would lose money but I think he should now have to serve out his 4 game suspension beginning with their first playoff game and ending after he has missed a total of 4 games. I don't recall an athlete in team sports being suspended and got off by acting like a spoiled kid who doesn't take no for an answer.

You mean like every athlete ever exercising their right to fight their suspension?

Two players that based women fought their suspensions, but their salt of the Earth.  Brady fights his after Goodell makes things up. 

You mean like every athlete ever exercising their right to fight their suspension?

Two players that based women fought their suspensions, but their salt of the Earth.  Brady fights his after Goodell makes things up. 

That's what I was asking. Did he appeal the suspension and if so, why hasn't the appeal been heard? What was made up? The only thing I don't understand is why they tampered with those footballs; they were way better than the colts anyway. To be clear, I'm a jets fan which automatically makes me dislike Brady and the Patriots. I respect them and he is the best QB ever to play in my lifetime. Many players appeal suspensions and usually they are held up or maybe shortened a little.

That's what I was asking. Did he appeal the suspension and if so, why hasn't the appeal been heard? What was made up? The only thing I don't understand is why they tampered with those footballs; they were way better than the colts anyway. To be clear, I'm a jets fan which automatically makes me dislike Brady and the Patriots. I respect them and he is the best QB ever to play in my lifetime. Many players appeal suspensions and usually they are held up or maybe shortened a little.

I can see why you haven't heard about it because there really wasn't much coverage of it.  There was hardly any mention of it in the papers or on TV.

yeah because we all know the Pats would never even consider cheating... amiright ?

Man I'm not one to be the grammar police, but please sir!  English!

I've head the NFL are hoping for a Feb Court date, funny if the first ruling was overturned, The NFL could ban him in the playoffs i.e. Super Bowl.. 

There is a better chance of Dan marino playing in tonight's game than of Brady being suspended for the playoffs/SB.

Or after the Cheatriots equipment manager openly admitted to it..... oh that's right, he was deflating his belly, not the balls....

I didn't expect asking a question about Tom Brady on a jets site would have somebody getting his feathers ruffled a little. I hate the pats but try not to act like the a hole fans every team has a few thousand of. I agree with the guy who said that the league would never sit him for a playoff game because there's too much money to be lost. Darn it, I forgot the NFL is a Non profit agency! I wish I could not profit like they do LOL

Below.

I can see why you haven't heard about it because there really wasn't much coverage of it.  There was hardly any mention of it in the papers or on TV.

The hearing on the appeal is scheduled the first week of February 2016. The appellate decision will come down after that. Even if the Second Circuit overturns the trial court's decision it won't occur before the SB and likely the case will be sent back to the trial court for further proceedings if the trial court's ruling is not affirmed on appeal. Best case scenario is that Brady serves a suspension the first four games of 2016.

The hearing on the appeal is scheduled the first week of February 2016. The appellate decision will come down after that. Even if the Second Circuit overturns the trial court's decision it won't occur before the SB and likely the case will be sent back to the trial court for further proceedings if the trial court's ruling is not affirmed on appeal. Best case scenario is that Brady serves a suspension the first four games of 2016.

Thank you for the info. I hadn't heard anything about it since the preseason. The other guy that answered wasn't a very nice guy!

I was on the fence as to whether this was a serious post because of the immense and incessant media coverage this all got, but in case it is:  Brady initially appealed the four game suspension imposed by the NFL and, pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement, it was heard by Goodell, who upheld the four game suspension. Then, the NFL filed an action in federal court in New York for a declaration from the court that the suspension was valid.  (Brady had filed an action in Minnesota to get the suspension overturned by a federal judge that he thought was more favorable to players and less favorable to the NFL.  The Minnesota court decided that the whole dispute should be decided in the same New York federal court case, which had been filed before the Minnesota action.)  

The New York federal court ruled for Brady, vacating the suspension in full.  The Court did not make a determination as to Brady's innocence or guilt but held that the NFL's suspension of Brady was procedurally flawed.  The appeal that is pending now is in the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and was brought by the NFL -- not Brady.  If the NFL wins its appeal, some or all of the suspension can be reinstated or it could be remanded to the federal court or even to the NFL for further determinations.  The NFL is arguing in its appeal that it followed the procedures for suspensions that were collectively bargained between the players' union and the NFL, which granted Goodell a great deal of discretion, as well as the right to hear the appeal.  The last I heard was that the NFL's federal appeal was scheduled for oral argument in March.  What that means is that even if the NFL wins and the suspension is reinstated, the suspension would not be served this year, and most likely would be served at the beginning of next season.

I didn't expect asking a question about Tom Brady on a jets site would have somebody getting his feathers ruffled a little. I hate the pats but try not to act like the a hole fans every team has a few thousand of. I agree with the guy who said that the league would never sit him for a playoff game because there's too much money to be lost. Darn it, I forgot the NFL is a Non profit agency! I wish I could not profit like they do LOL

I'm going to go with, "I have no earthly clue what you are talking about." If reminding a bitter teeth gnashing Patsie that Goodell's ruling was not based upon nothing as he whined but was in fact based upon very damning evidence and doing so without any name calling or harsh rhetoric, makes me an a hole in your mind, then maybe you are just a little too sensitive for NY message boards.  Yours could be one of the strangest overreaction posts I have ever seen on this site.

I'm going to go with, "I have no earthly clue what you are talking about." If reminding a bitter teeth gnashing Patsie that Goodell's ruling was not based upon nothing as he whined but was in fact based upon very damning evidence and doing so without any name calling or harsh rhetoric, makes me an a hole in your mind, then maybe you are just a little too sensitive for NY message boards.  Yours could be one of the strangest overreaction posts I have ever seen on this site.

I was kidding around. Is that not ok? Yeah, I hate the Pats and I agree about the footballs. My singular point was that I don't remember anyone in any sport simply ignoring a suspension. If it was a jet, he would have missed the first 4 games.

I was kidding around. Is that not ok? Yeah, I hate the Pats and I agree about the footballs. My singular point was that I don't remember anyone in any sport simply ignoring a suspension. If it was a jet, he would have missed the first 4 games.

Your singular point is singularly moronic (though you are obviously an absolutely outstanding poster -- this is not a personal attack). 

Google "Richard Sherman suspension" to see one of numerous examples of people "in any sport simply ignoring a suspension." 

It's perfectly okay to kid, though I can't blame myself for not getting the joke about not being an a hole fan like all teams have.  Regardless, I don't think anyone is ignoring the suspension.  He fought it in court and found an activist judge, who obviously is in way over his head as it pertains to understanding the practices and procedures of the NFL, to give him an injunction until the case can be heard.  The NFL is appealing but nothing will happen until well after the season.  Either way, the stench of their organizational cheating will follow them into the record books forever.... regardless of how many ignorant Kool-aid drinking Massholes want to whine, cry and stomp their feet.

It's perfectly okay to kid, though I can't blame myself for not getting the joke about not being an a hole fan like all teams have.  Regardless, I don't think anyone is ignoring the suspension.  He fought it in court and found an activist judge, who obviously is in way over his head as it pertains to understanding the practices and procedures of the NFL, to give him an injunction until the case can be heard.  The NFL is appealing but nothing will happen until well after the season.  Either way, the stench of their organizational cheating will follow them into the record books forever.... regardless of how many ignorant Kool-aid drinking Massholes want to whine, cry and stomp their feet.

Found?  So Brady chose the location of where the appeal was going to be heard?  No.

It was Goodell.  He rejected Brady's appeal and quickly filed a motion to have it heard in NY.  A pro-management court.  A court were management was 66-3 or some ridiculous number. 

The person over their head is Goodell.  He did not follow the CBA and ripped Goodell for not following due process.

No. Just no. Worry about us not them. They won. Period. Give the Devil his due and move on. You whine like a baby.

The person over their head is Goodell.  He did not follow the CBA and ripped Goodell for not following due process.

I don't think anyone anywhere will disagree with the first sentence. Goodell blows. Not sure I understand Goodell ripping Goodell, though. 

Regardless of how incompetent Goodell is, the Patriots cheated and their lone on the field punishment has been the loss of a draft pick and yet another tainted super bowl trophy. No matter how you slice it, that is simply the strongest example of unfair practices.

Found?  So Brady chose the location of where the appeal was going to be heard?  No.

It was Goodell.  He rejected Brady's appeal and quickly filed a motion to have it heard in NY.  A pro-management court.  A court were management was 66-3 or some ridiculous number. 

to sit and watch or read fans who don't like brady or the pats repeatedly go to great lengthy to believe the pats get off because *insert fans excuse here* is so funny to me.

This whole thing; fans against brady and the pats remind me of wile e coyote vs the road runner..every time they think they have him/them.....

wile-e-coyote.jpg

to sit and watch or read fans who don't like brady or the pats repeatedly go to great lengthy to believe the pats get off because *insert fans excuse here* is so funny to me.

This whole thing; fans against brady and the pats remind me of wile e coyote vs the road runner..every time they think they have him/them.....

wile-e-coyote.jpg

The Roadrunner is no where near as smug or douchy as the Pats. 

Archived