And just like that, Rex Ryan is officially eliminated from playoff contention.

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that a shame.

He tried to convert what was clearly a 4-3 defense into a 3-4, which is baffling when you have the likes of Mario Williams, Hughs, Bryant, Darius etc. on your line which brought them an 8th ranked defense last year (not to mention cost a fortune). Why you would do that when you already have those guys plus a really good secondary is beyond me. 

The Bills players have given up at this point.

He tried to convert what was clearly a 4-3 defense into a 3-4, which is baffling when you have the likes of Mario Williams, Hughs, Bryant, Darius etc. on your line which brought them an 8th ranked defense last year (not to mention cost a fortune). Why you would do that when you already have those guys plus a really good secondary is beyond me. 

The Bills players have given up at this point.

As has been observed many times: Rex would rather lose his way than win someone else's way. He is his father's son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that article is pretty damning.   Bills fans are smart, it took us about 4 years to figure out what an ineffective coach Rex was, and they're calling for his head before the first year is up!

Buffalo has no excuse. They scooped up Rex like he was a ... conquering hero. Seriously, was it a full 24 hrs as an ex-HC of the Jets before he signed in Buffalo?

That move baffled most of us, certainly didn't worry us. 

Let's hope he stays in Buffalo, I would rather seem him there than the DC in Miami. I know many don't believe that he would make a difference with that D but I would still wouldn't want him in Miami . Him or Jim Schwartz as the D coordinator.

After seeing what Rex did to the Bills defense this year, is there really any reason to be afraid of him anywhere? I mean, I think over the last 5+ years, he has shown he is no more of a defensive mastermind than anyone else. He needs talent like anyone else. This year, he had a ton of talent, and still had a mediocre defense. I think he is either the HC of Buffalo, or going to TV. I would be shocked if any HC hired him as their DC. Not because he cannot do it, but because first sign of trouble the media and fanbase of that team would be clamoring for Rex as HC.

After seeing what Rex did to the Bills defense this year, is there really any reason to be afraid of him anywhere? I mean, I think over the last 5+ years, he has shown he is no more of a defensive mastermind than anyone else. He needs talent like anyone else. This year, he had a ton of talent, and still had a mediocre defense. I think he is either the HC of Buffalo, or going to TV. I would be shocked if any HC hired him as their DC. Not because he cannot do it, but because first sign of trouble the media and fanbase of that team would be clamoring for Rex as HC.

I would prefer he be on TV so I can mute him or change the channel.

Already you're hearing negative stuff coming from "somewhere" about Doug Whaley. His fault, huh Rex!

Whaley is going, he can be fired, Rex is tough to fire at this point.

No GM will want a part of this clusterfu(k, especially after what happened forcing Rex on Idzik.  

Look for Rex to stay and somehow walk out with part GM or GM duties. 

Let's hope he stays in Buffalo, I would rather seem him there than the DC in Miami. I know many don't believe that he would make a difference with that D but I would still wouldn't want him in Miami . Him or Jim Schwartz as the D coordinator.

Every NFL team should welcome a Rex or Rob Ryan defense on an opponent. It is now a weakness not a strength.

Whaley is going, he can be fired, Rex is tough to fire at this point.

No GM will want a part of this clusterfu(k, especially after what happened forcing Rex on Idzik.  

Look for Rex to stay and somehow walk out with part GM or GM duties. 

your right , as insane as it sounds this is the most likely scenario after this year...unreal .

your right , as insane as it sounds this is the most likely scenario after this year...unreal .

Right, somehow this assclown may come out with more power than when he went into this season.  

Wonder if ST sales will go up again? lol

Right, somehow this assclown may come out with more power than when he went into this season.  

yea the people thinking he is in trouble are severely underestimating his hold over these owners...maybe he gets canned after a Kotiteian year 2 but 6 wins will get him that third year...poor bills fans lol

Wow that article is pretty damning.   Bills fans are smart, it took us about 4 years to figure out what an ineffective coach Rex was, and they're calling for his head before the first year is up!

Don't forget they had lots of evidence from his 6 years here to go on. In the final 2-3 years here, Rex got destroyed by the Bills. Imagine if we'd hired, say, Mike Mularkey or Dick Jauron after kicking their asses repeatedly?

There's talk about hiring a consultant (maybe Bill Polian).  If this is true,  Ryan may be gone.  I don't think Polian is high on Ryan (JMO). I also don't think the sales will peak this season.  There's an old story about fool me once, etc  LOL 

yea the people thinking he is in trouble are severely underestimating his hold over these owners...maybe he gets canned after a Kotiteian year 2 but 6 wins will get him that third year...poor bills fans lol

unless ownership is tired of his act and don't want hi splitting time as GM & HC.  After all he hasn't proved himself adequate at either position.  They may want a solid football guy in charge and if a new GM goes along with Rex on a trial basis I wouldn't bet on Rex surviving past his one year tryout.  That's a best case scenario.  If they get hooked on a solid GM Rex might be 1 and done

There's talk about hiring a consultant (maybe Bill Polian).  If this is true,  Ryan may be gone.  I don't think Polian is high on Ryan (JMO). I also don't think the sales will peak this season.  There's an old story about fool me once, etc  LOL 

That was my thinking. ,if they bring in a consultant like Polian, Acorsi, Wolf or Casserly Rex is done. An ex GM would never think hiring a GM and throwing a HC on him is a good plan.  

Whats the feeling within Buffalo, tired of Rex or a willingness to give him more time? 

As has been observed many times: Rex would rather lose his way than win someone else's way. He is his father's son.

it's just annoying ther opportunity to prove he knows more than everyone els when his way works in spite of all the evid nice that it would not. 

He is after all a true genius.

That was my thinking. ,if they bring in a consultant like Polian, Acorsi, Wolf or Casserly Rex is done. An ex GM would never think hiring a GM and throwing a HC on him is a good plan.  

Whats the feeling within Buffalo, tired of Rex or a willingness to give him more time? 

I'd say at least 75% would like to see Rex gone.  The other 25% include people who think that it takes a couple of years for new coaches/players to blend.  When I look at how the Jets have done this year,  I don't necessarily believe the 1-2 years to develop.   It's a real mess here right now.  Fans are down on our GM, Rex, Roman and some players.  I think some of our players have thrown in the towel for the year.  We'll see over the next 2 games.   I think Polian is going to play a role with the Bills organization.  He openly admitted that he would do so. He said that the Bills are the only team he would consider in terms of helping, working, consulting.   There was also news (last year and this year) that Polian didn't want to jeopardize his HOF status by taking on a position last year.  I think the Pegulas have to decide if they want to buy out Ryan's contract (worth $22 million over the next 4 years) or if they want to stick it out for another year or so. Like I mentioned earlier,  I don't think Polian is too high on Rex.  So,  it will be interesting.

I'd say at least 75% would like to see Rex gone.  The other 25% include people who think that it takes a couple of years for new coaches/players to blend.  When I look at how the Jets have done this year,  I don't necessarily believe the 1-2 years to develop.   It's a real mess here right now.  Fans are down on our GM, Rex, Roman and some players.  I think some of our players have thrown in the towel for the year.  We'll see over the next 2 games.   I think Polian is going to play a role with the Bills organization.  He openly admitted that he would do so. He said that the Bills are the only team he would consider in terms of helping, working, consulting.   There was also news (last year and this year) that Polian didn't want to jeopardize his HOF status by taking on a position last year.  I think the Pegulas have to decide if they want to buy out Ryan's contract (worth $22 million over the next 4 years) or if they want to stick it out for another year or so. Like I mentioned earlier,  I don't think Polian is too high on Rex.  So,  it will be interesting.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAJDHHJDHHHHHBGDGGCHHSFGNNJH

I think the idea that it takes a year may be applicable if we're talking a 1st time, 1st year HC.  Not a HC who should know what it takes to get plan implemented.  Guys like Kubiak, Fox, Arians, Reid, etc, etc don't have this kind of nightmare season.  Some may struggle a bit because they don't have the talent but they don't play below their talent level.  Rex took over a pretty decent roster, a 9-7 team that was just out of the playoffs a year ago and improved at QB, RB, WR and defense but went the wrong way.  Its not even the talent, its the Bills look lost, unprepared and totally undisciplined.  

Worst part for Bills fans is Rex will off one of his coordinators or a chunk of his hand picked staff to save his useless ass.

And taking over the Bills won't hurt Polian's HOF status in any way.  He already had a HOF career, he can't undo it by trying to straighten out this mess.  He probably just isn't into go through the daily grind.  If he's not into it youre better off with him not taking the job

I think the idea that it takes a year may be applicable if we're talking a 1st time, 1st year HC.  Not a HC who should know what it takes to get plan implemented.  Guys like Kubiak, Fox, Arians, Reid, etc, etc don't have this kind of nightmare season.  Some may struggle a bit because they don't have the talent but they don't play below their talent level.  Rex took over a pretty decent roster, a 9-7 team that was just out of the playoffs a year ago and improved at QB, RB, WR and defense but went the wrong way.  Its not even the talent, its the Bills look lost, unprepared and totally undisciplined.  

Worst part for Bills fans is Rex will off one of his coordinators or a chunk of his hand picked staff to save his useless ass.

And taking over the Bills won't hurt Polian's HOF status in any way.  He already had a HOF career, he can't undo it by trying to straighten out this mess.  He probably just isn't into go through the daily grind.  If he's not into it youre better off with him not taking the job

"And taking over the Bills won't hurt Polian's HOF status in any way.  He already had a HOF career, he can't undo it by trying to straighten out this mess.  He probably just isn't into go through the daily grind.  If he's not into it youre better off with him not taking the job"

Yes,  I don't know what that was all about.  Here is the excerpt followed by the link  where I read about this: " Polian turned down the job, in part because he did not want it to compromise his candidacy for the Hall of Fame, to which he was selected a month later."

https://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/23/247898/

75 percent want Rex gone before his first season is over. Like none of us saw this happening.

You're just being mean now.

My football team is going to win 11 games and miss the playoffs because of special teams.

My basketball team is a few months away from handing the Celtics the best draftable player since Lebron because of a trade they made for two 40 year-olds six years ago.

My baseball team's big offseason signing was Alejandro De Aza.

watching the Buffalo Bills implode is all I've got.

"And taking over the Bills won't hurt Polian's HOF status in any way.  He already had a HOF career, he can't undo it by trying to straighten out this mess.  He probably just isn't into go through the daily grind.  If he's not into it youre better off with him not taking the job"

Yes,  I don't know what that was all about.  Here is the excerpt followed by the link  where I read about this: " Polian turned down the job, in part because he did not want it to compromise his candidacy for the Hall of Fame, to which he was selected a month later."

https://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/23/247898/

ok, they probably meant he wanted to go into the HOF now, not later.  Same as the Parcells situation.  He was ready to go into the HOF and signed with a team and they took him off the ballot because was going to work that year.  He knew he would eventually get in but would have to wait, again.  I thought you were talking about a weak performance could taint the way he was viewed and maybe hurt his chances. 

NFL network had on its scroll this morning - the bills haven't made the playoffs in 16 consecutive seasons

holy sh*t

They didn't even win that game either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999–2000_NFL_playoffs#AFC:_Tennessee_Titans_22.2C_Buffalo_Bills_16

The Bills last post-season win was in the 95/96 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_NFL_playoffs#AFC:_Buffalo_Bills_37.2C_Miami_Dolphins_22

Archived