Trade For Eli?

TuscanyTile2

I know this won't happen (they want him to retire a Giant and why would they trade him to the Jets!) and it's going to start a firestorm on this forum but, since we're in the off-season, we might as well. 

Possibly the Giants go into rebuild mode with Coughlin stepping down?  If so, any idea what the Giants would ask for Eli

I know this won't happen (they want him to retire a Giant and why would they trade him to the Jets!) and it's going to start a firestorm on this forum but, since we're in the off-season, we might as well. 

Possibly the Giants go into rebuild mode with Coughlin stepping down?  If so, any idea what the Giants would ask for Eli

I know you are just trying to start conversation, but why would you try to rebuild by trading away a franchise QB?

Link.

Callng BS, dont believe he said this

This is what I read looks like I misquoted the article. 

Eli Manning made an emotional pitch for the Giants to retain Tom Coughlin and now he's setting his sights on getting Ben McAdoo a promotion, but Mike Florio wonders what the QB will do if a coach he doesn't want is hired.

I know you are just trying to start conversation, but why would you try to rebuild by trading away a franchise QB?

Well again I'm just trying to start a conversation but I guess the theory would be that if they're trying to rebuild that they would get what they could for a QB w/ a lot of miles on him (similar to Brees and the Saints though I would think it's a lot more likely he could be traded).

Well again I'm just trying to start a conversation but I guess the theory would be that if they're trying to rebuild that they would get what they could for a QB w/ a lot of miles on him (similar to Brees and the Saints though I would think it's a lot more likely he could be traded).

I understood what you were doing. The idea is very intriguing as Eli is a proven winner who is still young and wouldn't have to uproot his family if he switched teams, 

In the interest of treating the conversation seriously, Eli just signed a new deal with a no-trade.  His signing bonus was $31M. Giants would have $25M in dead money and it would cost them more to dump him than to keep him. 

Oh, and I hate that goofus.

This is what I read looks like I misquoted the article. 

Eli Manning made an emotional pitch for the Giants to retain Tom Coughlin and now he's setting his sights on getting Ben McAdoo a promotion, but Mike Florio wonders what the QB will do if a coach he doesn't want is hired.

Figured it had to be a misquote somewhere.  If Eli said he would quit the Giants if he didn't like the HC would be HUGE news everywhere.  

Thanks

In the interest of treating the conversation seriously, Eli just signed a new deal with a no-trade.  His signing bonus was $31M. Giants would have $25M in dead money and it would cost them more to dump him than to keep him. 

Oh, and I hate that goofus.

Outside of the money aspect, the trade of a good to very good QB makes absolutely no sense. 

Arguably the hardest position to fill, why would you trade a borderline HofF QB unless you have a younger Steve Young on the bench?

It never makes sense.  There was rumors the Lions wanted to trade or part ways with Stafford.  Why?  To draft a QB that will likely never be as good.

Now, if there is a Luck in the draft you can guarantee to draft...maybe, but every other scenario is implausible.

I understood what you were doing. The idea is very intriguing as Eli is a proven winner who is still young and wouldn't have to uproot his family if he switched teams, 

I have no idea what he was doing.  There is at a chance that anyone would trade a franchise QB that is as young as Eli and is and has been the face of the team like he has.

Then to trade him to the Jets?  So they can watch him bring us closer to a SB?  Not feeling that

I have no idea what he was doing.  There is at a chance that anyone would trade a franchise QB that is as young as Eli and is and has been the face of the team like he has.

Then to trade him to the Jets?  So they can watch him bring us closer to a SB?  Not feeling that

He's 35 and has been in the league 11  years.  That's a lot of mileage.  But as I stated from the outset, I know this isn't realistic.

Outside of the money aspect, the trade of a good to very good QB makes absolutely no sense. 

Arguably the hardest position to fill, why would you trade a borderline HofF QB unless you have a younger Steve Young on the bench?

It never makes sense.  There was rumors the Lions wanted to trade or part ways with Stafford.  Why?  To draft a QB that will likely never be as good.

Now, if there is a Luck in the draft you can guarantee to draft...maybe, but every other scenario is implausible.

Ryan Nassib FTMFW!

Fitz just gave us one of the best seasons we have ever gotten out of a QB I doubt we trade for any established QB this year we will either sign a young kid who they like but might need to develop or draft another one and let them build behind Fitz. Either way I am looking forward to seeing what our front office does.

Archived