2016 Mets Thread!

adb280z

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Kelly Johnson has been clutch down the stretch!!

Bases loaded 2B to put Mets up by 3 in the bottom of the 8th.

M-O-M-E-N-T-U-M!

Kelly has been very clutch.  Meanwhile, Bruce had the bases loaded right before and him and had sweet pop up to 2nd base.

Kelly Johnson trade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the guy that was leading the NL in RBI's. 

DeGrom on the mound tonight, the Marlins have lost, what...7 straight? 

NO MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Nice to see you around more often Lith.

Having the Mets and Jets respectable again is fun.

Is Salas a bull pen arm or starter. Unfamiliar to me 

Thanks, Booz.

I have been over in this thread a lot over the last few months.  Just got bored with all the offseason talk around Geno v Fitz, then Geno v Petty, so I sat out most of those discussions.  Now that the season is about to get started, I will probably be more active over here.

Got any roadtrips planned this season?

2 hours ago, JiF said:

**** sake.  

This season.  

Luckily, that bats have been hot so it doesnt seem like this one will kill them.

Yup.  Means more at bats for Flores and Johnson, which may not be a bad thing, although I really like Johnson off the bench and in a utility role.  Haven't seen the numbers, but it seems like Wilmer is finally doing some damage against righties.

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks, Booz.

I have been over in this thread a lot over the last few months.  Just got bored with all the offseason talk around Geno v Fitz, then Geno v Petty, so I sat out most of those discussions.  Now that the season is about to get started, I will probably be more active over here.

Got any roadtrips planned this season?

Pitt and Cleveland are reasonable trips for me. Might try and hit both.

How about you? KC? Az?

The guy you'll all be talking about next year for the big league, Amed Rosario:

.319/.367/.455 in 515 PAs between High A and AA at 20 (16.7% K rate) 

That line includes .332/.378/.473 in AA, again as a 20 YO playing SS. Prooooobably a top 10 prospect in the minors, for me anyway, and should easily be in that convo for offseason rankings.

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

The guy you'll all be talking about next year for the big league, Amed Rosario:

.319/.367/.455 in 515 PAs between High A and AA at 20 (16.7% K rate) 

That line includes .332/.378/.473 in AA, again as a 20 YO playing SS. Prooooobably a top 10 prospect in the minors, for me anyway, and should easily be in that convo for offseason rankings.

We been talking about him

The Coupons need to spend some more money on Ces......so sad

And maybe get us a Catcher that does more than prance around....:wub:

2 hours ago, faba said:

Adam RubinESPN Staff Writer 

rubin_adam_m.jpg

Terry Collins told reporters at Citi Field that Jacob deGrom, who will be skipped Tuesday because of forearm inflammation, is likely to miss multiple starts.

Att: d'Arnaud, Bruce

53 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

How bout Lugo?  In the first two innings I thought he was gonna get destroyed.  Ends up giving them 7 strong innings.

That's my boy. That's my boy!! Kid has moxey, and he compete's his ass off. He's come up big for us too. That game in St. Louis was a pivotal game perhaps, and he did us proud on National TV against Wash.....beautiful

Grandy showing up a little.......

And FU Marlins Doosh Man

11-4 in the last 15.

After losing on Friday with Thor on the hill, didn't think we had a chance to win this series.  What a gutsy performance by Lugo.  I don't know how these guys turned it around, but is has been a blast to watch these guys lately.  And, thankfully I can stop rooting for the Cubs now that SF is leaving town.

Didn't realize the Braves had been on such a hot streak. The next 10 days are essentially the season. If the Mets can maintain their current position and gain one more game or two until this 4-game series that the Giants and Cards have against each other, we just might have a shot at this thing. Crazy to say it but if this is gonna happen, Bartolo, Gsellman, and Lugo are gonna have to get us there. How about that?

Last year was nothing short of karmic and dare I say magical. This year? Just strange. Soul crushing and brutal to watch most of the time. And yet, here they are. What a game baseball is. Let's go Mets.

Archived