Thank God the Broncos won!

Jetster

Let's be real here, as a Pats hater, there was no chance in hell that the Patriots would have lost at home. Having to win a playoff game on the road changes everything. Pats haven't won a road playoff game in 9 years.

Payton has to do some holistic healing & get that snap back in his arm. It will be much easier playing the Pats if Collins & Mayo are out it just leaves Hightower. Steelers LBs played out of their mind today. They have a lot more speed on D than the Patriots. Force Butler to have to cover Thomas, Pats have no answer for Sanders. If refs call Pats Oline for a few obvious holds, Broncos can beat them.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manning v Brady. Again. This sh*t is getting boring. Go NFC.

This league. This damn league. They ruined one of the best sports every conceived, changing so many rules over time to just completely bias everything to the point where having any chance at sustained success is entirely dependent on finding an elite player at one position. It's created an incredibly boring league that I am legitimately starting to lose interest in.

This league. This damn league. They ruined one of the best sports every conceived, changing so many rules over time to just completely bias everything to the point where having any chance at sustained success is entirely dependent on finding an elite player at one position. It's created an incredibly boring league that I am legitimately starting to lose interest in.

A few weeks ago, I watched Manning complete 5 out of 20 passes and felt sorry for the guy, while Fitz and Co. were lighting it up and on a big time roll toward the playoffs...and here it is, Peyton Manning to the championship game and Jets sitting home...wonderful.

Fans of the Steelers, Pats, Giants , GB don't see it that way.   

denver wr's were awful today, if den O plays like today, cheats will win.  Pats have no answer for Cam though. I expect Panthers to win SB

Based on what we saw this weekend the Pats are on there way to another Super Bowl victory...

They'll beat the Broncos by 3 TD's...the only team that has any chance is the Panthers - and they don't seem ready yet.  Still a little immature of a team.

I am so F-in sick of this...I think for the first time I can remember, I doubt I'll watch the Super Bowl this year.   i can't sit there and watch the smug look on Brady's face anymore - it's just nauseating.

could not agree more

I think there will be Brady vs Manning matchups long after we're all in the grave.

This is where I'm at. We're going on 15 years of this now. 15 years. It's at the point where it's not even interesting to debate about or discuss anymore. It's like we're the dude from Oldboy, locked away in a hotel getting fed dumplings with too many scallions every day.

Well if you're losing interest we might as well not bother. The king has spoken.

Brady vs Manning is pretty much the worst case scenario for me. 

1) It feels like the same sh*t for the better part of 15 years

2) My least favorite player (Manning) vs my least favorite coach. I can't root for either one of them, but one of them is going to pad their HOF credentials with another SP appearance. At least I could've rooted for the stoolers

puke

First time ever I background watched playoffs.   NFL is slowly becoming white noise.

The running game is becoming obsolete. You cant even look at a WR without the fear of being called for illegal contact.  The replays take forever to decipher. The favoritism by refs to certain teams is embarrassing.  It just seems to be getting more and more like a video game.     

Addition: Oh yea and the announcers SUCK.

First time ever I background watched playoffs.   NFL is slowly becoming white noise.

I missed both games last night to go to a couple shows. Felt absolutely no regret about it either. First time in my life I wasn't excited to veg on the couch all weekend and watch the playoffs.

It's not helping that the NCAA is completely bumbling the new playoff system with the scheduling too. Kind of a lame era for football all-around right now.

Spot on, luckily they're getting old and it's ending soon. Hoping we can salvage some of the greatness of the sport that once was. 

A Jets SB helps...

exactly how I feel.

next season, I won't even try to rearrange my Sunday's to watch Jets games, I'll watch them if I can, but won't fret one bit about not watching them. And since I would say 79, I can count on one hand how many quarters of Jets games I have missed. NFL is destroying the game.

exactly how I feel.

next season, I won't even try to rearrange my Sunday's to watch Jets games, I'll watch them if I can, but won't fret one bit about not watching them. And since I would say 79, I can count on one hand how many quarters of Jets games I have missed. NFL is destroying the game.

Belichick being smarter than everyone has much more of an impact than any suit on Park Ave. The NFL is full of old boys who refuse to change, it has little to do with rules or anything else on why the Pats never lose. The league doesn't force Andy Reid to not tell time.

I can't get in to football anymore since i stopped gambling, i mean I like to watch a good game but they seem so few and far between these days. Both games today were snooze fests

Spot on, luckily they're getting old and it's ending soon. Hoping we can salvage some of the greatness of the sport that once was. 

A Jets SB helps...

I don't know if it can. The league is sooooo top heavy now, only a very small handful of good teams with a great quarterback. The majority of games on Sunday are snoozefests. And it certainly doesn't seem like the high school and college systems are going to just magically start producing again.

The running game is becoming obsolete. You cant even look at a WR without the fear of being called for illegal contact.  The replays take forever to decipher. The favoritism by refs to certain teams is embarrassing.  It just seems to be getting more and more like a video game.     

Agreed on all points.  For some reason the NFL decided that, despite having way better ratings than the Arena league, they wanted game-play to be Arena league-like. 

The replays have truly gotten absurd btw. 

Archived