Daredevil Mafia

JustInFudge

You're voting CTM mostly because you think he pushed Brett towards claiming a power role, did you not?

Smash, not Brett.  CTM responded to Smash's VT claim by saying Smash was playing "out of character".  When I questioned him further, he said he didn't think it was suspicious, only "interesting".  I interpreted that to mean CTM thinks Smash is town, but doesn't buy the VT claim. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smash, not Brett.  CTM responded to Smash's VT claim by saying Smash was playing "out of character".  When I questioned him further, he said he didn't think it was suspicious, only "interesting".  I interpreted that to mean CTM thinks Smash is town, but doesn't buy the VT claim. 

Ah. Ok.

this is something I've noticed , although I wouldnt say lucid, I'd say careful..

wasnt nt going to mention it to see if he'd kinda keep going, since cat is out of bag though 

unvote vote lk

if I'm being careful, what are you suggesting that I'm tip-toeing around? any issue that I'm not addressing head on? what's the impetus for the vote, essentially?

I basically started playing on Sunday. Since Sunday, have I really been "different"? You can't be serious with this crap.

Also, Brett isn't driving sh*t. He's urging people to vote inactives and pushing bad logic.

I'm pushing it, because I'm actually doing some ******* interrogation work. 

I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of ******* mafia, I tell ya... 

Meanwhile I've ignored almost every one of your posts.  I think you want to vote Brett but other than that I don't know or care where you stand.

The reason I've taken a laisses faire attitude is because I am a newbie. Not only have I never played this game before, I never have even heard of it before this--unless you count me hearing it mentioned in these forums. Yeah, I'm playing scared. Not because I'm scum, but because I know I have absolutely zero basis on taking any position. I don't know anyone's mannerisms, style of play, tells, or anything, so I have no clue yet on who might be scum. Now, yes, I could easily piggyback on someone like Ape or Smash, and follow their logic, but I don't want to do that for two reasons: 1) I'm not normally a follower and 2) for all I know, either of them could be lying scum.

And the only "act" I'm putting on is that of a newbie who knows he's a newbie. As in, I know I'll probably be easily fooled and misled, so I'm not rushing into things and jumping to conclusions like a putz. The only thing I've really been doing is trying to make jokes, because that's my default behavior when I don't know what to do or say.

Pretty much. Just chasing cars until I figure out how to jack one and join the race myself.

I approve of this post.

haha - i copied and pasted the wrong one.  I'm all ****ed up on cold meds.  Bare with me.

*******EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK MY VOTE COUNT AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEE A DISCREPANCY*****

******* perv

BARE/BEAR

There are actually three words here. The simple one is the big growly creature (unless you prefer the Winnie-the-Pooh type). Hardly anyone past the age of ten gets that one wrong. The problem is the other two. Stevedores bear burdens on their backs and mothers bear children. Both mean “carry” (in the case of mothers, the meaning has been extended from carrying the child during pregnancy to actually giving birth). But strippers bare their bodies—sometimes bare-naked. The confusion between this latter verb and “bear” creates many unintentionally amusing sentences; so if you want to entertain your readers while convincing them that you are a dolt, by all means mix them up. “Bear with me,” the standard expression, is a request for forbearance or patience. 
“Bare with me” would be an invitation to undress. “Bare” has an adjectival form: “The pioneers stripped the forest bare.”

that's cause u dumb huggy, interpret it to mean that smash doing any casing on day 1 is what's out of character, guy is typically aggressively anti day 1

I'm null on the claim

if I'm being careful, what are you suggesting that I'm tip-toeing around? any issue that I'm not addressing head on? what's the impetus for the vote, essentially?

Well, as I said I was going to let it bake a little longer. Style just seems less confrontational than normal, nothing specific but it's something i noticed and wasn't going to act on until the hesshole said something outloud

You ever need to play a tune-up game in anything? You ever step right back on the baseball diamond and your timing was off? Not making excuses, just saying. I'm curious about your read on Leelou.  You didn't mention it above.You implied earlier that Brett was reluctant to vote her. Are you suggesting they may be on a team together?

My god. Great new avi.

So instead of Leelou....who? You're not voting.

I don't have a read on Leelou, yet. I've never been good at reading her. I didn't know I was supposed to have one on everyone already.

I'm not tying Brett to Leelou, no. 

I'm voting Brett because he used false-logic "lynch Pac to catch Leelou", and then balked at the idea of voting Leelou to accomplish the same goal. That means, to me, he's not playing with conviction. He's offering false logic as a means of influencing town to do something... that aligns to a scum agenda.

How many times do I need to explain that my case is about contradiction and bad logic. The only other foothold you're going to get on a D1 case is meta.

Meanwhile I've ignored almost every one of your posts.  I think you want to vote Brett but other than that I don't know or care where you stand.

The less you respect my play, the more evident it is that I'm better than you.

that's cause u dumb huggy, interpret it to mean that smash doing any casing on day 1 is what's out of character, guy is typically aggressively anti day 1

I'm null on the claim

Fine.  Still doesn't explain why you would point out that Smash is playing out of character but also say that it isn't suspicious.  Isn't someone playing differently from their normal style suspicious by nature?  Makes me think you KNOW Smash is town, but just felt like fanning the flames to pretend like you're actually making reads.

Well, as I said I was going to let it bake a little longer. Style just seems less confrontational than normal, nothing specific but it's something i noticed and wasn't going to act on until the hesshole said something outloud

Or, Hess said something and you nudged it to see if it stuck. 

Fine.  Still doesn't explain why you would point out that Smash is playing out of character but also say that it isn't suspicious.  Isn't someone playing differently from their normal style suspicious by nature?  Makes me think you KNOW Smash is town, but just felt like fanning the flames to pretend like you're actually making reads.

That was a nudge too.

CTM is methodical in how he influences the town. Soft little pushes, and then steps aside to let us dumb townies run with it.

At this point, CTM or Brett are fine with me.

I wasn't the first person to say it, and I think it's a common courtesy to give them a day short of them being confirmed scum.

Leelou is not  responding because it will draw more attention to my accusations she would much rather this just go away and the best way for her to accomplish that is to ignore it.

Im not sure why I can't get previous quotes to stop poping up when I quote other posts but my intension here was to just quote the Leelou post yet previous Straight cash and PAC posts keep popping up and I cant get them out. This quote system sucks in a big time way.

Not when the move seems more town like, dip

Or, Hess said something and you nudged it to see if it stuck. 

That was a nudge too.

CTM is methodical in how he influences the town. Soft little pushes, and then steps aside to let us dumb townies run with it.

At this point, CTM or Brett are fine with me.

lulz.. 

vote me then dumb dumb

That's all I wanted to know. You're voting me on meta.

I don't have a read on Leelou, yet. I've never been good at reading her. I didn't know I was supposed to have one on everyone already.

I'm not tying Brett to Leelou, no. 

I'm voting Brett because he used false-logic "lynch Pac to catch Leelou", and then balked at the idea of voting Leelou to accomplish the same goal. That means, to me, he's not playing with conviction. He's offering false logic as a means of influencing town to do something... that aligns to a scum agenda.

How many times do I need to explain that my case is about contradiction and bad logic. The only other foothold you're going to get on a D1 case is meta.

He refuses to vote Leelou even though you and Leelou both grilled him pretty hard about it. He thinks there are better votes. To me, that's pretty convicted.

Why didn't you vote Smash on meta? You actually did the opposite, you peeled off of Smash because he is so far out of meta.

Is it possible, that you don't like something else I'm doing and trying to cover up a vote on me by basing it on meta?

I wasn't the first person to say it, and I think it's a common courtesy to give them a day short of them being confirmed scum.

Ok does anyone know how to clear the mother ******* quotes they keep popping up in every post I make and the quotes I intend to post don't show up and this is really pissing me thew **** off

I responded last night that his meta on me is mostly my personality. Not indicative of me being scum. There was nothing really of substance for me to respond to. 

Leelou is not  responding because it will draw more attention to my accusations she would much rather this just go away and the best way for her to accomplish that is to ignore it.

This is what I intended to post above 2 ******* times

Im not sure why I can't get previous quotes to stop poping up when I quote other posts but my intension here was to just quote the Leelou post yet previous Straight cash and PAC posts keep popping up and I cant get them out. This quote system sucks in a big time way.

You are "meta" reading me. I responded that that is just my personality. I'm spammy in nature. I also spam way more when bored. I'm not ignoring you, but there is legit nothing for me to defend against. 

He refuses to vote Leelou even though you and Leelou both grilled him pretty hard about it. He thinks there are better votes. To me, that's pretty convicted.

He refused to vote her based on the "we don't lynch last game's mod" thing, which gives him a free pass on not putting his money where his mouth is. Using a crutch excuse like that isn't conviction. 

**** man, the more I have to explain this to you, the less resonance it has with anyone else. 

Why are you working so hard to drag out 185 different explanations of the same thing?

Archived