Mel Kiper Mock Draft V.2?

20. New York Jets

Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

Last year, the Jets took the best player available in Round 1 when they nabbed Leonard Wlliams at No. 6 overall, and Ragland certainly qualifies as a BPA if he's still around at No. 20. A monster against the run, Ragland plays faster than he'll run at the combine because of great instincts. Draft him with the expectation you can start him in Week 1.

18 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I can't see a QB from a bullsh*t D2 school going that high. It is Cleveland but come on. 

I think you basically answered your own question. Cleveland is pretty bad when it comes to drafting QBs.

Also, I would not like the Jets draft pick one bit. The Jets need speed on the outside and I don't think he's the BPA at that pick.

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

What is the hardest position to fill in the NFL ?

Answer  - Franchise QB

When you don't have 1, you take everyone that has the potential to be 1 before someone else who doesn't have 1 do so .

That is all .

The flip side is you pass on JJ Watt to draft Blaine Gabbert. 

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think you basically answered your own question. Cleveland is pretty bad when it comes to drafting QBs.

Also, I would not like the Jets draft pick one bit. The Jets need speed on the outside and I don't think he's the BPA at that pick.

Word. This is Kiper trying to shoehorn Ragland into the first. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The flip side is you pass on JJ Watt to draft Blaine Gabbert. 

Did you see Blane  Gabbert play at Missouri . I did .  When I studied Wentz, I came away thinking a bigger stronger more athletic Chad Pennington with better arm strength .  If that kid made it to 15, (Won't happen) the Jets should go get him .  His ball handling skills are other worldly .

1 hour ago, Larz said:

20. New York Jets

Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

Last year, the Jets took the best player available in Round 1 when they nabbed Leonard Wlliams at No. 6 overall, and Ragland certainly qualifies as a BPA if he's still around at No. 20. A monster against the run, Ragland plays faster than he'll run at the combine because of great instincts. Draft him with the expectation you can start him in Week 1.

Wait, the guy that runs the fastest 40 isn't the best player?  

giphy.gif

Did you see Blane  Gabbert play at Missouri . I did .  When I studied Wentz, I came away thinking a bigger stronger more athletic Chad Pennington with better arm strength .  If that kid made it to 15, (Won't happen) the Jets should go get him .  His ball handling skills are other worldly .

You speak of his ball handling skills as if from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And how have the Texans done with the best defensive player in the league?

you keep taking QB's until you find one.  

As fantastic as JJ Watt has been, what exactly have the Texans won with him?  If a team drafted a guy who was as good at QB as JJ Watt is at DE, they'd be a perennial Superbowl contender.  I'm not saying Jax should've drafted Gabbert over JJ Watt (I'm using my 20/20 hindsight) but I can't  begrudge them for trying to grab a (seemingly) high ceiling QB.

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

And how have the Texans done with the best defensive player in the league?

you keep taking QB's until you find one.  

Think theyre better off with JJ or with a franchise QB?

They would trade JJ in a heartbeat for a franchise QB

11 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Love to have a presence at any LB spot so, yeah, I'm down w Ragland. Can he play 3 downs?

but please sign a FA pass rusher before you pick Ragland . Bruce Irvin? He's not lights out, but he's good and building an elite defense is a priority, IMO.

didnt you know all bama players are soft and on roids?

McCags has said he wants to build the LB pipeline ala the steelers, hope he is talking more about OLB(see Mauldin) but he is on record as saying he always wants to have 1 young LB being groomed.  I can see him drafting 1 every year while he is here.

Archived