Osweiler offered 3yrs/$45mill

Shadetree

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

just posted that in the Fitz odds returning thread. No need to have a new thread when all this QB contract talk revolves around the effect it has on Fitz. Just my 2 cents. 

I'm not in every thread. So lock the thread, I guess?

You can have the kudos for being first to post it, how's that?

1 hour ago, Shadetree said:

I'm not in every thread. So lock the thread, I guess?

You can have the kudos for being first to post it, how's that?

Don't be a d!ck, I'm just trying to be considerate to Max & the Server by not clogging up the Forum with redundant threads that really revolve around the same issue - Fitzpatrick's 2016 contract. 

No beef nor snarky reply necessary. Just keep it movin'

:-) 

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Don't be a d!ck, I'm just trying to be considerate to Max & the Server by not clogging up the Forum with redundant threads that really revolve around the same issue - Fitzpatrick's 2016 contract. 

sorry, but I get scoop points here

do I get a tee-shirt ?

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

just posted that in the Fitz odds returning thread. No need to have a new thread when all this QB contract talk revolves around the effect it has on Fitz. Just my 2 cents. 

I don't want to read pages and pages of people pretending to know everything. I appreciate the new thread. Thanks OP.

12 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Server? LOL.

Osweiler Is a young franchise guy for the Broncos. He led game winning drives against a HEALTHY Pats D which when healthy was a top 10 unit in the league. He led game winning drives against the Bengals stout defense. He displayed leadership and character like going to Demaryius Thomas after he dropped a few passes and telling him he was gonna keep going to him because he believed in him. He did his job well and didn't try to do to much when called upon, He is young and got to learn behind one of the greats. He deserves 15 million, Fitztragic does not.  

Brock displayed a lot of character, and I don't think they would of been in the SUperbowl, yet alone the playoffs if Brock didn't step up on offense in the big time moments against great teams. If the Broncos lost that game to Bengals they may of been out of the playoffs completely, who knows? It was his first year starting and of course it was going to come with the growing pains, look at Aaron rodgers first year starting. Comparing the two situations is ridiculous and if you think Fitz deserves anything near that you are crazy

19 minutes ago, pointman said:

I don't want to read pages and pages of people pretending to know everything. I appreciate the new thread. Thanks OP.

19 minutes ago, pointman said:

Server? LOL.

Now I see how this article applies  . . . . 

56db823330d0d_ScreenShot2016-03-05at8.04

I actually feel the young man might be worth more!!

I would give him an extra year and 1 Million more dollars per year loaded in the out years, with an out for the team after two!! 

Here is where it gets tough for Fitz and his agent.  Do they say Fitz is worth say 12 Million per year based on this contract?  I would argue no!

Fitz has never had the year he had last year and the Jets didn't make the playoffs!

IMO, and I like Fitz, he can't say that he is within 4 million of Osweiler's contract.  

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

lol.. Sorry..cheers 

Holy sh*t the QB stupidity on these forums is unbelievable.  People wanting to hand Oswieler 15 a year based on a whopping 8 or 9 games.  If there is one thing the whole Jets QB thing has 100% proved it is that people would rather look like total fools for months if not years by just about any metric than to admit they may have been wrong about an evaluation of a player.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Holy sh*t the QB stupidity on these forums is unbelievable.  People wanting to hand Oswieler 15 a year based on a whopping 8 or 9 games.  If there is one thing the whole Jets QB thing has 100% proved it is that people would rather look like total fools for months if not years by just about any metric than to admit they may have been wrong about an evaluation of a player.

Jets fans want to hand Fitzpatrick millions for accomplishing nothing. 

Fitz still isn't worth more than McCown type deal.  I could see a deal that started at $4 or $5 Million in 2016, with large roster bonuses, in 2017/2018 if he starts x amount of games and go to the playoffs.  JMO.

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets fans want to hand Fitzpatrick millions for accomplishing nothing. 

Yes I want to hand him millions. He earned it. He's a QB, not a kicker. He's played himself into a situation where he deserves to get paid. Kudos to him. We're lucky to have him start, and mentor, Bryce Petty.

Joewilly, what's the alternative!?!?!! I don't think I've seen the post where you offer reasonable alternatives.

Jeez Louise, joewilly, the guy just threw 31 TDs, showed toughness, smarts, and leadership and , for some reason, he's gonna morph into Rick Mirer? 

7 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Yes I want to hand him millions. He earned it. He's a QB, not a kicker. He's played himself into a situation where he deserves to get paid. Kudos to him. We're lucky to have him start, and mentor, Bryce Petty.

Joewilly, what's the alternative!?!?!! I don't think I've seen the post where you offer reasonable alternatives.

Jeez Louise, joewilly, the guy just threw 31 TDs, showed toughness, smarts, and leadership and , for some reason, he's gonna morph into Rick Mirer? 

$15 million a year he wants. 

Fitz has no idea how rough it can be in NY/NJ when things don't go well for ya.

I for one am not for paying Fitz 15 million dollars a year if we have to cut other players.

He would quickly find the good will he garnered from last year will seem like a life time ago and fast best ask Geno...  The fact that the Jets would even entertain this shows me that Geno has NOooooo support amongst the coaching staff....

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If we pay Fitzy 15 million I'm done with this team in 2016. Mac would prove he's no better than Tannenbaum.

Having Fitzy play this years brutal schedule may end up helping jets get top 5 pick in draft. 

Right there is the biggest mistake dumb teams always make. He "earned" it?????

You never pay a player, particularly a QB, on what the did in the past. You pay them on what their potential is in the future.

What is the future potential of a 33-year old journeyman QB who has had one good year out of 11 seasons in the league?

26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You never pay a player, particularly a QB, on what the did in the past. You pay them on what their potential is in the future.

What is the future potential of a 33-year old journeyman QB who has had one good year out of 11 seasons in the league?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHM9agzdV8

the market sets the value, which is why players fought for free agency.  Since fitz isn't part of the biggest fraud in NFL history, the jets can't tell him to take below market value or go ahead and try to win without the mysterious extra frequency ans stolen play sheets

this is a very good year to be the best FA QB available

29 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Based on last year, I think he deserves an avg QB contract. Based on his age and the teams situation, I think that contract should be for 2-3 years.

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHM9agzdV8

the market sets the value, which is why players fought for free agency.  Since fitz isn't part of the biggest fraud in NFL history, the jets can't tell him to take below market value or go ahead and try to win without the mysterious extra frequency ans stolen play sheets

this is a very good year to be the best FA QB available

Exactly!

If the Jets are to keep Fitz, Mac will have to pay him more than many of you think he is worth. Based on the higher market values, my guess would be $12M-$13M. $15M is definitely too much. But $8M-$10M is nothing but a pipe dream.

That said, Mac has a reputation for not overpaying for a player (except for Revis and Skreen, though I think that was necessary). I am betting he would let Fitz walk rather than overpaying him.

Based on last year, I think he deserves an avg QB contract. Based on his age and the teams situation, I think that contract should be for 2-3 years.

Hasn't Fitz's agent said he wants a "starting NFL QB" salary?

Unfortunately, that number is north of $15MM.

You'd have to say that Osweiler has greater value on the market than Fitz (because of age plus Fitz not having a big time career). But to me Osweiler is still unproven. He started about 7 games last year. If you stretch it for many Qbs who have started you can find maybe 7 good starts. Including Geno.

12 hours ago, hawk said:

Fitz still isn't worth more than McCown type deal.  I could see a deal that started at $4 or $5 Million in 2016, with large roster bonuses, in 2017/2018 if he starts x amount of games and go to the playoffs.  JMO.

20 NFL QBs get more than $15 million per.  Sanchez, a back up to an underachieving starter who gets $18 million, has $5.5 million guaranteed. And you want to give Fitz $4 million.  LOL.  Fitz is the Jets starter.  Sure.  Pay him below NFL veteran back-up money.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Agree in principal with what you say and I personally hope they let him walk and let Petty play this year however Fitz deserves a little more credit than the "one good year"

you give him.

His career stats are much better than that and he will be paid well this year by one of the many  QB needy teams.

career totals 

games

113 att 3,473 comp 2,087 pct60.1 30.7  yds23,178 6.7 205.1 td154 4.4 int116 3.3 98 287 55 205 1,109 rtg80.8

Archived