2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

I saw he was getting $4 million per was being offered. I'd imagine somewhere around there. Wouldn't be upset about that

I would.

I figured signing Forte meant we were no longer desperate for RB moves. Particularly since Powell is, if anything, a poor man's Matt Forte. Was hoping for a draft pick RB by round 4, plus a 3rd guy from wherever at half (or less than half) what you're telling me we're offering.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I would.

I figured signing Forte meant we were no longer desperate for RB moves. Particularly since Powell is, if anything, a poor man's Matt Forte. Was hoping for a draft pick RB by round 4, plus a 3rd guy from wherever at half (or less than half) what you're telling me we're offering.

Tells me even more either Mo or Brick is gone, so, to sure up the RB position with two receivers that can catch, is cool with me. I think we'll still take one in those mid rounds.

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The guy has one more playoff appearance  than Ruan Fitzpatrick

Hoyers stat line from that game.  15-34, 136 yards, 4 interceptions, 3 sacks, 2 fumbles.  His one playoff game made Fitzs Buffalo horror show look like Joe Montana

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Led his team to a division title. 60% completion percentage with 19TDs and 7 INts. Tough to see the bad in that

he only played in 11 games and hasn't played a full seasons in his career. the only reason they won the division is cause its a terrible one.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Led his team to a division title. 60% completion percentage with 19TDs and 7 INts. Tough to see the bad in that

Yeah, but that division is total garbage. Not a big accomplishment to be the fastest kid at fat camp.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Hoyers stat line from that game.  15-34, 136 yards, 4 interceptions, 3 sacks, 2 fumbles.  His one playoff game made Fitzs Buffalo horror show look like Joe Montana

Yes I know that. That's why most people are going nuts. They remember that game ONLY. Not the whole season

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Chiefs were rolling over everyone

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes I know that. That's why most people are going nuts. They remember that game ONLY. Not the whole season

All I know is that he looked terrible the games I watched him, even other than that one game.  I just don't think he is very good at all.

Well there's the power back to go alongside our 2 receiving/running threats!

Whoever our QB will be.... he will not have to throw the ball much.

This also leads me to believe we will be signing some OL VERY soon!

Need to get some powerful run blocking OL to open up the holes and dominate.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

All I know is that he looked terrible the games I watched him, even other than that one game.  I just don't think he is very good at all.

Maybe, but as a Plan C, he's fine.

Meanwhile I like the Jets not just being bogged down in the QB dilemma, like the Nnamdi sweepstakes. Fillin in other pieces.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

With Forte/Powell/Robinson and Decker/Marshall on the outside, I'd be comfortable throwing Wentz/Goff/Lynch in there next season.

I think I would myself... but there will always be rookie mistakes. Wentz will be long gone and most likely Goff will too. Lynch is the next one up.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

You'll need to trade up for that.

Here's a thought.... Petty(already on roster)

sure! throw him in there.  i've had enough of this posturing with fitz.

if we've learned anything from the Broncos, you could win a SB with a pre-schooler at QB

I know Fitz has like 5 kids and a wife to support but damn man.. You want 18 mill? When you clearly can make a case this was just a one year wonder. Statically every other year he has been average to bad and now one year of above average play..noting Marshall saves his ass a few times, you want to try and test us? Bye Fitz.

Archived