Geno Smith cost us the playoffs last year.

UnitedWhofans

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

It was a beautiful pass, it should have been caught. 

Not saying it wasn't.  I'm not a Fitz hater.  That was a nice pass.  It's just rare on a deep ball for him and I don't think he's worth $8mil+.  Not to mention I'd still like to see Geno with an NFL offense around him.

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not saying it wasn't.  I'm not a Fitz hater.  That was a nice pass.  It's just rare on a deep ball for him and I don't think he's worth $8mil+.  Not to mention I'd still like to see Geno with an NFL offense around him.

Appears you may get your wish...

38 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I like Fitz and thought he gave us a great season last year, but I too am leary of giving more than $8-10M.  Unfortunately the contracts awarded to QBs like Bradford this year have inflated salaries.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I like Fitz and thought he gave us a great season last year, but I too am leary of giving more than $8-10M.  Unfortunately the contracts awarded to QBs like what Bradford this year have inflated salaries.

Right, so if Fitz is demanding that much money, I say let him walk.  Use the cap space to build a solid team around a young QB.  Whether it's Geno, Petty or some other draft pick.  Basically try to avoid what we did to Geno his first years.  Make sure whatever young QB is playing has a solid team/coaching around him.

Signing Fitz to big money now does us no good.  The schedule next season looks insanely hard.  Even if the Jets somehow managed to bring Fitz/Wilk back under the cap, we'd be lucky to get 8 wins.

No hard feelings with Fitz.  Thanks for the fun year, but just doesn't make sense for Jets to pay him that much.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

People, I dont think you understand the point. Any of the 6 losses could have cost us the playoffs, not just the one at the end of the year. So focusing attention on that game is DUMB.

Absolutely correct. Break down could be Offense 2 losses, Defense 2 and Special teams 2

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

People, I dont think you understand the point. Any of the 6 losses could have cost us the playoffs, not just the one at the end of the year. So focusing attention on that game is DUMB.

So you blame a guy who missed all of preseason, coming into the game ICE COLD for losing the game, when the entire team played liked warmed over sh*t??  Okay..... 

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Think about it. That Oakland game was there to be won and he blew it in the end. Every game is of equal value in the context of playoffs. Fitzpatrick did lose more games, but he also got us in position to be there in the first place. 

If Geno successfully completes the comeback in Oakland, we're going to the playoffs.

hqdefault.jpg

7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Think about it. That Oakland game was there to be won and he blew it in the end. Every game is of equal value in the context of playoffs. Fitzpatrick did lose more games, but he also got us in position to be there in the first place. 

If Geno successfully completes the comeback in Oakland, we're going to the playoffs.

I despise Geno so much I am going to agree with this statement.  ("Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we start to deceive.") 

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not really. The reason I say this is because Jets fans have compartmentalized the whole season into one game and have judged years based on that game. I'm just doing the same thing to show how stupid they are. Fitzpatrick had a very good season and should be respected more. Didn't say paid, but respected, no matter what happened in the final game.

He did not actually. Brandon, Decker and especially Gailey had good seasons, as they covered up what was exceedingly average to bad QB play.

58 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He did not actually. Brandon, Decker and especially Gailey had good seasons, as they covered up what was exceedingly average to bad QB play.

Well, this turn of events should suit you just fine, SD....... You get to see Geno Smith start ( because if they lose Fitz, I can't imagine the Jets finding a better option for 2016), the guy you so very obviously believe in and prefer. And everyone else gets to see him start again and they get to make a decision on him once and for all. It's not the attractive scenario for most Jets fans as they think Geno sucks, but once and for all the Geno arguments will be put to bed. He will either put up or he'll have to shut up once and or all, right?

7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's what Jets fans do bro. Simplify everything down into one bullet point to not tax our already stressed out brains.

18 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not really. The first five losses played an important role but only Week 17 was clearly understood to have definitive do-or-die playoff implications.

They knew before kickoff the whole season was riding on that one game. That's the difference.

18 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Absolutely correct. Break down could be Offense 2 losses, Defense 2 and Special teams 2

Just now, jetrider said:

Not really. The first five losses played an important role but only Week 17 was clearly understood to have definitive do-or-die playoff implications.

They knew before kickoff the whole season was riding on that one game. That's the difference.

Jetrider, the only reason Week 17 was do or die was because of those previous 5 losses. If they had one any of those other games, Week 17 means nothing, 

Jets were 5-5 and had to win out to make the playoffs. That is not a reasonable expectation to have, at least it wasn't at the time.. The reason Jets fans are angry is because they got teased into believing (which happens to the Jets all the time and you would think fans would not commit suicide over it by now) and that they lost to Rex Ryan. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Jetrider, the only reason Week 17 was do or die was because of those previous 5 losses. If they had one any of those other games, Week 17 means nothing, 

Jets were 5-5 and had to win out to make the playoffs. That is not a reasonable expectation to have, at least it wasn't at the time.. The reason Jets fans are angry is because they got teased into believing (which happens to the Jets all the time and you would think fans would not commit suicide over it by now) and that they lost to Rex Ryan. 

Yeah, but the reality is Week 17 ended up being the most important, therefore it gets the most attention.

There are a million and one imaginary scenarios where Week 17 could've meant nothing. But the truth is it meant everything.

Just now, jetrider said:

Yeah, but the reality is Week 17 ended up being the most important, therefore it gets the most attention.

There are a million and one imaginary scenarios where Week 17 could've meant nothing. But the truth is it meant everything.

Correct, but wrongly IMO. I understand the point, but to completely eliminate the outcome of the 16 prior games for one game seems to go against team sports. 

If they believe that then make it a 1 game season

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Correct, but wrongly IMO. I understand the point, but to completely eliminate the outcome of the 16 prior games for one game seems to go against team sports. 

Winners step up when the team needs them, front running phonies are good at padding their stats against soft teams

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes. I was actually going to say that. When Jets regained control of their playoff destiny after Week 16 it became a one game season.

Archived