My completely ridiculous Wild @$$ Guess at 2016 Jets schedule

Sarge4Tide

9-7. That is if Fitz comes back and he plays at least 90 percent of the numbers he put up last year. They still haven't proven they can beat winning teams like KC, Seattle, Arizona, Pittsburgh, NE (once), and Cincy. Of course they will lose a game they should win against Buffalo (it's what they do). There are the seven losses, you can figure the wins.

9-7. That is if Fitz comes back and he plays at least 90 percent of the numbers he put up last year. They still haven't proven they can beat winning teams like KC, Seattle, Arizona, Pittsburgh, NE (once), and Cincy. Of course they will lose a game they should win against Buffalo (it's what they do). There are the seven losses, you can figure the wins.

Jets will also lose 2 out of 3 games versus the Ravens, Colts and 49ers.

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Don't see it. Looks more like between 6-10 and 8-8 to me. 9-7 is a long shot. 

Look, I just try to be honest about these things. With that said, I do NOT see a favorable schedule for us. I see a playoff teams schedule TBQH. I figure 6-10 is approximately accurate. I can easily see the Jets losing their first 5 games, I figure the Dolphins in week 6 would be our first win. I mean the Jets only beat ONE (NOT two like some dingbats around here claim) team with a winning record in 2015. Even more ironic it came against our divisional foe that was absolutely gashed with injury. Coincidence? I think not.

We're simply NOT good enough to beat teams of the caliber on our schedule consistently. MOST of them are playoff teams and we are not.

8 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

1 @Chiefs
2 Patriots (MNF)
3 @Bills
4 Colts
5 Ravens
6 @Dolphins
7 @Browns
BYE
8 Bengals
9 Seahawks
10 @49ers (TNF)
11 Dolphins
12 @ Steelers (MNF)
13 Rams
14 @ Cardinals
15 @ Patriots
16 Bills 

If I say if we play well, we can get to 10-6 - of course that is conditional on Fitz resigning and playing as well as 2015.  Our D should be better and our offense should also improve with another year under Gailey and Forte's addition. 5-2 by the bye....5-4 after.....10-6. Again playoffs hang on a thread. 

6 hours ago, Mainejet said:

And if it were Geno, we'd lose our first 7 and go 3-13 for the season.

And draft Watson. Win....win!

But seriously, who the hell knows how they Will do? KC isn't some juggernaut! They lost Houston for the year, their QB throws 10 yard passes and they were one of the luckiest teams in football last year. Those 1/2 point wins turn around to 1/2 point losses quickly in the NFL. 

There are no great teams anymore! Our offense probably has the best weapons we've had in forever. Marshall/Decker/Forte! With Powell off the bench, hopefully a healthy Amaro? (Not too optimistic about him but u never know?). Jets are drafting a stud LB at 20, that's the sweet spot for LBs in the draft. The defense will be very good 2nd year in the system, Revis @ 100%, Cro jettisoned, Leo 2nd year after a year in the weight room another year older (dude was a puppy). Calvin Pryor really came on last year, 3rd years a charm for secondary guys. 

Usually looking at schedules for us in the past you could pretty much write off the season as we had zero offense. In today's NFL, and with the weapons we have, we can finally out score teams that make a couple mistakes.

I see a 6-1 start, losing to KC on the road then running 6 in a row. Games 2- 7:

2 Patriots (MNF)-Monday night at home? tough but very doable 

3 @Bills
4 Colts
5 Ravens
6 @Dolphins
7 @Browns

Someone explain to me why we cant win everyone of these games.

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

15-1....Geno gets the start and takes the loss in week 17.  Can't complain.

Geno's undefeated in week 17 games. :-)

He'd more than likely take a loss in week 1 just to make an already unpopular decision that more unpopular. 

Then again, Geno is also undefeated in week 1 games lol. Its everywhere in between where he messes up. 

14 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

1 @Chiefs
2 Patriots (MNF)
3 @Bills
4 Colts
5 Ravens
6 @Dolphins
7 @Browns
BYE
8 Bengals
9 Seahawks
10 @49ers (TNF)
11 Dolphins
12 @ Steelers (MNF)
13 Rams
14 @ Cardinals
15 @ Patriots
16 Bills 

I have a feeling we'll be playing the Bills week 1. Rex beat us twice and kept us out of the playoffs. The NFL could use that storyline to open the season. 

1 hour ago, Jetfan13 said:

I see a 6-1 start, losing to KC on the road then running 6 in a row. Games 2- 7:

2 Patriots (MNF)-Monday night at home? tough but very doable 

3 @Bills
4 Colts
5 Ravens
6 @Dolphins
7 @Browns

Someone explain to me why we cant win everyone of these games.

In theory we can but how long have you been a Jets fan?  See '15 Oakland, Houston, Philly, Buffalo ....

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

And draft Watson. Win....win!

But seriously, who the hell knows how they Will do? KC isn't some juggernaut! They lost Houston for the year, their QB throws 10 yard passes and they were one of the luckiest teams in football last year. Those 1/2 point wins turn around to 1/2 point losses quickly in the NFL. 

There are no great teams anymore! Our offense probably has the best weapons we've had in forever. Marshall/Decker/Forte! With Powell off the bench, hopefully a healthy Amaro? (Not too optimistic about him but u never know?). Jets are drafting a stud LB at 20, that's the sweet spot for LBs in the draft. The defense will be very good 2nd year in the system, Revis @ 100%, Cro jettisoned, Leo 2nd year after a year in the weight room another year older (dude was a puppy). Calvin Pryor really came on last year, 3rd years a charm for secondary guys. 

Usually looking at schedules for us in the past you could pretty much write off the season as we had zero offense. In today's NFL, and with the weapons we have, we can finally out score teams that make a couple mistakes.

You're making a ploy for me to be more optimistic like you obviously are. If that's the case then convince me. Convince m that they can start beating teams with  a winning record consistently, when the fact is they have beaten ONE team with a winning record in each of the last two seasons.  

15 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jets will also lose 2 out of 3 games versus the Ravens, Colts and 49ers.

Bulls*t. Already beat the Colts this past season, plus the Ravens aren't what they were a few years ago and the Niners out and out stink. F- you Pats fan and your stupid, blindly obedient to the Belichick doctrine opinion.

11 hours ago, Mainejet said:

You're making a ploy for me to be more optimistic like you obviously are. If that's the case then convince me. Convince m that they can start beating teams with  a winning record consistently, when the fact is they have beaten ONE team with a winning record in each of the last two seasons.  

What were you saying last year before the season? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember you being to optimistic last year. No one would have pegged KC to win as many as they did in a row either, and that was after losing Charles.

You really don't know with the parity in this league. 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, jetrider said:

In theory we can but how long have you been a Jets fan?  See '15 Oakland, Houston, Philly, Buffalo ....

Since they drafted Joe Namath, and what is the difference? I was at Super Bowl 3 as a 9 yr old, but that has no bearing on today.

Archived