Ridley visiting Lions

Jetsfan80

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648618/article/veteran-rb-stevan-ridley-to-visit-detroit-lions

Veteran RB Stevan Ridley to visit Detroit Lions

After jettisoning Joique Bell this offseason, the Detroit Lions have been in the market to add a between-the-tackles veteran running back.

On Tuesday, they will take Stevan Ridley for a test drive, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports.

The running back disappointed last season with the New York Jets, gaining only 90 yards on 36 carries (2.5 yards per attempt). He missed the team's first eight games while recovering from an ACL injury, which affected his 2015 performance. Rapoport adds Ridley should be 100 percent at this stage of his recovery.

Ridley's best season came in 2012 when he earned 1,263 yards on 290 carries and 12 rushing touchdowns with the Patriots. Lions new general manager Bob Quinn, who spent his entire career in New England, knows Ridley well. If healthy, Ridley could add a veteran presence behind second-year pro Ameer Abdullah and pass-catching back Theo Riddick.

He was done last year.  That was one move from our fo that i hated from say one.,   Lets get an older rb who has had a bad injury and is not close to coming back and keep him on injury for most of the year then play as a total jag when he got back.

I read somewhere that many thought in 2015 he was still recovering from his injury but that he's reportedly fully recovered now. The new Lions GM came from NEP and knows Ridley well and likes him. He has a fair shot at getting a contract but no loss for us.

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was done last year.  That was one move from our fo that i hated from say one.,   Lets get an older rb who has had a bad injury and is not close to coming back and keep him on injury for most of the year then play as a total jag when he got back.

He just turned 27 and he looked much better in the last few weeks, when he was finally healthy and getting practice reps. I'm not saying he's great, but teams could do a lot worse.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

He really seems like he is completely done.

New England's passing game is such a threat that nobody pays attention to their running game. That's why their backs look serviceable. It's also why the second a Patriot running back goes to another team, they suck. 

30 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I read somewhere that many thought in 2015 he was still recovering from his injury but that he's reportedly fully recovered now. The new Lions GM came from NEP and knows Ridley well and likes him. He has a fair shot at getting a contract but no loss for us.

Agree last season he wasn't fully healed and didnt have his confidence back after suffering a serious injury,wish him well. 

Wasn't Ridley the Jets featured RB week 17 versus the Bills?

Wasn't Ridley the Jets featured RB week 17 versus the Bills?

6 hours ago, sourceworx said:

New England's passing game is such a threat that nobody pays attention to their running game. That's why their backs look serviceable. It's also why the second a Patriot running back goes to another team, they suck. 

Because they have to go back to inflated footballs. 

Archived